996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fiske Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 07:58 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Chad fill they fit on my cab - don't they have a diff. offsett ?

Old 07-24-2003, 08:27 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Can anyone post a picture or pictures for me of the 19" and 18" fiske on there 996's ?

Old 07-24-2003, 08:58 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Darren,

I believe they are too wide for a cab.

Old 07-25-2003, 06:50 AM
NC Bob is infamous around these parts
Fikse

I've got the FM-10's. Bought them from Wheel Enhancement. They were less expensive than the quote from the factory. I like the look, but they are a bit*h to keep clean.

Old 07-25-2003, 07:19 AM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Darren,
Fikse wheels can be made to order. I see no reason that would prevent them from making a set for your cab. Call up Fikse and ask them. 253-872-3888

Greg A

Old 07-25-2003, 07:25 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Beware of Wheel Enhancement.

Old 07-25-2003, 07:38 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Darren911
Chad fill they fit on my cab - don't they have a diff. offsett ?
I looked into using a set of Fikse wheels from the 993TT for my 996. I spent some time on the phone with the folks at Fikse to find out if they would fit. The offsets and the width would not work on my narrow body. Standard 993TT & 996TT wheels will not fit on a narrow body either, again due to the width and offset.

Old 07-25-2003, 07:52 AM
DJ
Sloth I think I have made up my mind - going to do RUF chrome optic ( brushed metal finish) 19's or the techart 19's - I want a plainer easier wheel to clean!

Old 07-25-2003, 07:56 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Beware of HRE.
Sorry, couldn't resist, seeing Oak's post.
Darren........for what it's worth re: offsets 996 cab vs Turbo.........my experience is that a max rear offset you would want on the Turbo is around 30mm and on a 996cab it would be in the ballpark of 48mm (maybe 44)........and here is example of same(48).
Obviously other variables such as suspension type, ride height, and personal taste need be taken into account, but the 30 & 48 #s kinda give you a ball park dif in those 2 rear arches.

Old 07-25-2003, 08:44 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Darren911
Sloth I think I have made up my mind - going to do RUF chrome optic ( brushed metal finish) 19's or the techart 19's - I want a plainer easier wheel to clean!
All the cross spoke wheels are a royal PIA to clean, lots of time especialy if they have exposed bolts like my K28's. Makes me wish for the days of my Technology rims, five swipes with the sponge and they were done. I just wanted to do something really different from what I had. Good luck and I am sure you will post some photos.

Old 07-25-2003, 08:49 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
After exmaining the HRE's and Fikse, IMO the HRE's are much better in construction and finishes. Also the HRE's will custom machine your offsets to millimeters, where the Fikse are offered in 1/2" increments. The Fikses do not offer a reverse dropped lip which are thicker on the outside bead than the Fikse. I have 27mm offsets in the rear and have no problems and no rolled fenders.

Darren, the Ruf's are great looking, but are extremely heavy.

Last edited by oak; 07-25-2003 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:56 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I really feel bad about all the time you guys are spending cleaning the little spokes on the Fiske FM10's. I can't imagine not using them based on that explanation. Especially since they look so much better than the other wheels.

Anyway, you shouldn't have to spend more than about two minutes cleaning a complete wheel (inside and out). Griot makes a wire wheel brush and wheel cleaner. Wet wheel, spray on Griot's wheel cleaner and use the brush. You poke it into the holes and pull it out a couple quick times and they are clean. Place it into the larger holes and it scrubes the inner wheel. The brush looks like a spiral Christmas Tree. It is about ten inches long. It costs less than ten dollars. I couldn't believe how well it worked until I tried it myself.

Quit wasting your time and always enjoy the best looking wheels available today and every day. No excuses.

Last edited by cjv; 07-25-2003 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:17 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
also, there are wax's you can put on wheels, it makes it an aposlute breeze to clean!

But I'll back up CJV, Griots wheel cleaning brush is such a breeze to use. It's also good at getting in little crevices.

Old 07-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
The FM-10/ Profil 10s look great in the techni-polish - I may pick a set myself in the future, 19x8.5 and 11 in the profil line.

However, I prefer HRE also, as I have 542Rs right now, with some 8 series on the way.

the TechArt 19s are nice, but heavy.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 07-25-2003, 02:00 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
I really feel bad about all the time you guys are spending cleaning the little spokes on the Fiske FM10's. I can't imagine not using them based on that explanation. Especially since they look so much better than the other wheels.

Anyway, you shouldn't have to spend more than about two minutes cleaning a complete wheel (inside and out). Griot makes a wire wheel brush and wheel cleaner. Wet wheel, spray on Griot's wheel cleaner and use the brush. You poke it into the holes and pull it out a couple quick times and they are clean. Place it into the larger holes and it scrubes the inner wheel. The brush looks like a spiral Christmas Tree. It is about ten inches long. It costs less than ten dollars. I couldn't believe how well it worked until I tried it myself.

Quit wasting your time and always enjoy the best looking wheels available today and every day. No excuses.
I second that... cleaning wheels used to be such a pain until I got that Griot's brush and scrub stuff.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fiske Wheels