996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fiske Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 03:12 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
"the TechArt 19s are nice, but heavy"

if the wheel is heavy why does everyone care so much if your not tracking the car and making a living off timetrials on the racetrack ?

Ruf wll tell you this (not that I do these speeds) "at 200 mph I want a heavy wheel sticking to the ground"

Old 07-25-2003, 03:16 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
the car feels a bit more sluggish - thats all.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 07-25-2003, 04:07 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Darren911
"the TechArt 19s are nice, but heavy"

if the wheel is heavy why does everyone care so much if your not tracking the car and making a living off timetrials on the racetrack ?

Ruf wll tell you this (not that I do these speeds) "at 200 mph I want a heavy wheel sticking to the ground"
I think that's bunk.... it's pretty much this simple....more unsprung weight = poorer handling.......& that would be in any performance-driving or sports-driving environment (not just on the track).
To an extent, heavier unspung mass can be addressed with other suspension changes......ie if your springs/shocks/bars are going to have to handle (control) more weight, then you might think about changes there......point is, unless your suspension is able to 'react' and keep rubber on the pavement (and somewhat isolate you from same so you can maintain control) then it's not doing it's 2 primary jobs well.

You also can talk about rotational inertia........what you loose trying to get 5 more pounds quickly 'up to speed' out of a turn.....and then when you clamp on the binders just the reverse.

Heavier wheels are a trade-off...........most things in suspension are.

Old 07-25-2003, 11:12 PM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by oak
Beware of Wheel Enhancement.
Oak -- I love you, but STOP IT already.

I'm sorry you had a disagreement with WE over some chrome lug bolts. Wheel Enhancement is a very reputable shop -- I've dealt with John for many years, even back when Robert owned the place, and have always received excellent service. IMHO, Wheel Enhancement is a very professional and knowledgeable source for Porsche wheels.

Back on topic, I've owned several sets of Fikse wheels over the years and all have held up great. They are very strong, light wheels.

Last edited by Jack(LA); 07-25-2003 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:28 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Oh Jack, you know the story. Pretty crappy service, just for some chrome lugs. I'm sure most people won't have problem with them, it' s just my personal experience they'll sell you stuff, but from my personal experience the service and attitude on how they handle it just plain sucked.

By the way your wheels look great!

Last edited by oak; 07-26-2003 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:36 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Darren come on now..you know you want the Techarts... check out the latest addition to my Tech's....

Before

After

Darren the Techart's are very easy to clean.. only downfall is the inner part of the rim is visible and easy to wipe.. so I tend to wipe the inside and outside now.... but it sure looks good!!