996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

More on Exhaust Systems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 08:29 AM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
More on Exhaust Systems

I'm obviously getting too old as the Fabspeed quiet is too loud for me. Actually, the top end sounds great. Aggressive, exotic, very nice. It's the resonance/drone between 2K and 2.6K that seems to get to me as that's right in the cruising range.

Does anyone have experience with any of the following:

Tubi
Europipe Quiet
Ruf Quiet
Ruf Louder
GHL

What I am after is (1) a system that has been dynod up to the low to mid 600 HP range (at the flywheel), (2) one that will not adversely impacting reliability due to excessive backpressure, and (3) one that will not have that low RPM rez and is reasonably quiet (but can be louder than stock) at higher RPMs.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by racer63; 12-12-2003 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:34 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Donn,
Give me about a week or two and we will have the answer. We had to make a few changes to the system and will redyno hopefully befor X-mas.

Old 12-12-2003, 09:01 AM
Yupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these partsYupkwondo is infamous around these parts
Ahh Finally the electronically switchable exhaust!!!! Now if I only have a car at some point to put it on.

~Jason
2003 Lemon (Atleast I think so)

Old 12-12-2003, 09:57 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Sure, I have a couple of stockers we use for cores.

Old 12-12-2003, 10:06 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Donn - so you're saying the quiet is no better than the loud??
Drats...I was thinking of selling my loud and getting that quiet as my girlfriend will not set foot into my car since the exhaust as it gives her (and sometimes me) a headache...Especially now that's its cold out and so all the windows and roof is closed.

Old 12-12-2003, 10:49 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by PorschePhD
Donn,
Give me about a week or two and we will have the answer. We had to make a few changes to the system and will redyno hopefully befor X-mas.
Stephen, make sure you post up when this is done as we will be interested also (eventhough i'm not real sure what you're talkin about )

-Steve

Old 12-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by msindi
Donn - so you're saying the quiet is no better than the loud??
Drats...I was thinking of selling my loud and getting that quiet as my girlfriend will not set foot into my car since the exhaust as it gives her (and sometimes me) a headache...Especially now that's its cold out and so all the windows and roof is closed.
It's actually quieter. The loud version sounded great, but was actually loud enough to to set off car alarms at idle. On the track, it would be my exhaust of choice. On the street, it's too aggressive for me.

It's just the resonance that seems to be giving me a headache, primarily due to advanced age I'm sure.

Last edited by racer63; 12-12-2003 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:01 PM
sld7 is infamous around these parts
Donn, I suggest that you call Joe Fabiani. He has developed some "cones" which he claims eliminates the drone without effecting horse power.

He mentioned that the "cones" are installed after the cats and do a real nice job.

I have the same exhaust and have been wanting to try them.

Old 12-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Stephen - do you have these 'cones'?? I need me a set

Old 12-12-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by sld7
Donn, I suggest that you call Joe Fabiani. He has developed some "cones" which he claims eliminates the drone without effecting horse power.

He mentioned that the "cones" are installed after the cats and do a real nice job.

I have the same exhaust and have been wanting to try them.
Whoa! Definitely worth a try! How do I get in touch with him? Other than the drone, the quiet version is great for my street driven car.

Last edited by racer63; 12-12-2003 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Wait, is "Fabiani" related to "Fabspeed"? I think I just answered my own question.

Thanks!

Old 12-12-2003, 01:13 PM
LOL Donn
Joe Fabiani owns Fabspeed...
If you find out any info please post as those cones are wirth a shot to eliminate that slight drone

Last edited by msindi; 12-13-2003 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:16 PM
sld7 is infamous around these parts
Its the worst when you are speaking on the phone.

Old 12-12-2003, 01:23 PM
Rodis is infamous around these parts
msindi,
now your switching to the quiet. maybe thats what I should get the quiet. My girlfriend will prob complain as well. She doesnt want to ride in the car now that the coilovers are in. She just thinks the tt is another porsche. Whatever. . . Let me know what you do. What about the Europipe quiet. By the way, have you heard the Gemballa. They only have one type. So I dont know if its loud or quiet or even if it sounds good. But Sam at By Design says I will like it. But, I'm so confused now.
Thanks
Ron

Old 12-12-2003, 01:32 PM
I wan gonna get a Techart but those have 200 cell cats so not max HP gain. Also, the German tuner stuff is a ripoff pricewise!!
Im gonna look into this cone thing. For me I do not mind the loundness in the summer with windows open etc...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More on Exhaust Systems