996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone a member of the 200mph club?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 12:22 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by KPV
Ruf,
OK, I have many questions:
  1. As a first timer in this event, it sounds like I would be in the Touring Division. Is this true?
  2. Which class? T1, T2, T3, or T4?
  3. I have a Tequipment rollbar with Sabelt harnesses and GT3 seats for driver and passenger. Is this sufficient?
  4. Is the TQ bar sufficient if I move up to Grand Touring Division?
  5. I will need to get a fire extinguisher and bracket. Just a statement, not a question.
  6. I assume Grand Sport Division is out since it will require a fuel cell, fire suppression system and removable steering wheel?
  7. Is a navigator absolutely required?
  8. I found the Pony Express and Gamblers Run on the map but I can't seem to find Bonneville 100, where is it?
Note you will be slightly confused below, as the rule book you are reading is last year's. 04 not up yet but i mention facts from it below

with your equipment, add a fire ex, new helmet and 5 series fire suit and u can run grand sport witha 150 tech speed as a rookie. same eqpt, i can tech for 168 this year, up from 165, and run up to 155 target speed, right CFR????

my Teq. bar ran grandsport last year. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 3 INCH BELTS NOT 2 INCH, YOU WILL FLUNK TECH.

Supersport, not grand sport requires fuel cell, fire system, etc

navigator is optional. unless u know the road cold [which u dont], you will be much slower, as u will slow down for every bilnd hilltop and corner, whereas your nav could tell u "hammer down it's straight over the rise..." not an issue, just run slow first time. i suggest 120 average ir less.

I found AVERAGING 140 is a lot different that taking shots to 140-155 like we all do on the highway. to average 140 you must sustain 165 for much of your run to offset corners you may take at 125. w/o a nav your speed range hi/low is greater

the bonneville 100 goes south from wendover on the NV/UT border on 93A.

cfr?

Last edited by watt; 12-12-2003 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
I believe I have experienced a scaled speed of well over 200 MPH in my nitro burning RC Car. Does this count?

Old 12-12-2003, 01:00 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Oh god does this sound like fun!

But, 2 kids and wife ... no chance.

Old 12-12-2003, 01:03 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Tim,
Buddy has 4 kids and a wife and he is going to do it.
I have no kids and no wife and I am going to do it. (Don't know the point of that comment!!)
It would be cool to have the three of us.

Old 12-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
I think ColorChange can't do it because wife can sit in
front, but the kids can't sit in back with the rollbar in there.

Joe

Old 12-12-2003, 02:20 PM
Rodis is infamous around these parts
Watt,
check your pm
Thanks
Ron Rodis

Old 12-12-2003, 02:20 PM
Joe your funny LOL and Ken, your argument is very convincing (I have no attachments).

Listen, I am having a difficult enough time simply getting track time. I promised I would not wheel-wheel race until my youngest graduates. So, cruising at 200+ is a no chance.

Old 12-12-2003, 02:35 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
1/2 inch stainless braided wire apron strings

Old 12-12-2003, 02:41 PM
Watt LOL

Ken, what the hell were you thinking when you said "Buddy's doing it". Hell .... Buddy will do anything. He's freakin crazy and we all know it!

Old 12-12-2003, 02:46 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Well, it looks like it will be myself, Buddy and Watt at the Pony Express come June.

I guess I need a driving suit, better helmet and fire extinguisher. Let's start with the fire extinguisher, I seem to recall something about and really pretty (for you Watt ) stainless steel or chrome Clubsport extinguisher. Is this accurate? Any info anyone? Well, actually, any info on extinguishers and a mount, driving suit and helmet would be appreciated.

Old 12-12-2003, 03:08 PM
ken,
go find the fire ex thread i did think it was on gt3.https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...light=safecraf
http://www.safecraft.com/
and

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e&pagenumber=2
by the time you're done with bk and safecraft that rig was $550. not necessary unless your car looks like yours, ken.

buy a stand 21 helmet, $1000 but really light and that makes a difference over 100 miles.

i bought my suit http://www.racequip.com/

Roland [RTurbo], Roger [GT3], Jakemate [C2], maybe Jay {Rturbo cab] and 5 928 guys will be there and tyson may stop whining and show up, right tyson????????

Last edited by watt; 12-12-2003 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-12-2003, 03:10 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
That's right boyzzzzzz I am one crazy **** and ya better not be messin with me, cause I get craaaaazzzzzzyyyyyy!

Someone pass me the glue!

Old 12-12-2003, 03:15 PM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
Team "6Speed?"

Guys,

We have Budman, Ken,Watt,tyson and Roland. Anybody else wanta play? Sharkster? Tyson don't you dare wuss out on me this time! Ideally we need ten players for a team and a great fee discount. Ken,what size firesuit you wear?

Old 12-12-2003, 03:23 PM
KPV
Ruf,
What size firesuit? Well, um, let's see, the last firesuit I had it was, um, well,...
Come to think of it I NEVER HAD A FIRE SUIT BEFORE!!! J/K
I am usually X-Large in shirts, does that help?

Old 12-12-2003, 03:33 PM
KPV
Regarding fire extinguishers, do I need 1.25 pound or 2.5 pound?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone a member of the 200mph club?