996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wastegate actuator rod image?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Wastegate actuator rod image?

Does anyone have the specs for this part of the car? I specifically need a detail of the adjutsment bolt(s) and clip that hold the actuator rod in place.

While I'm at it, is there an electronic technical manual that I can buy or download?

Old 03-27-2006, 08:48 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Old 03-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
No I hadn't that's awesome.

Here's the US catalog: https://techinfo.porsche.com/techinf...SA_KATALOG.pdf

Thanks

Old 03-27-2006, 09:44 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
It works out to be about 6-8mm from the bottom of the stem to the top of the first jamn nut. I would also suggest upgraded wastegates! Makes a good difference.

Old 03-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
It works out to be about 6-8mm from the bottom of the stem to the top of the first jamn nut. I would also suggest upgraded wastegates! Makes a good difference.
I agree.... it make a BIG difference.
if u keep the stock ones... make sure moth actautors are exactly adjusted the same amount.... otherwise one turbo will be working harder then the other...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-27-2006, 10:06 PM
I already have upgraded wastegates. One of the actuator rods lost both bolts and the securing clip somehow.

The car felt like it was running on one turbo, which it basically was given the wide open wastegate on one bank. I was fearing the worst. A seized turbo or something. Looks like nothing more than a couple of bolts and a securing clip.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:07 PM
While we're on the topic, the above link is a VERY basic parts list. Does Porsche offer an online tehnical manual? If not how much is a paper one?

Old 03-27-2006, 10:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
measeure the lenght form the tip of the rod to the 1st nut... tahst it.. and then do the same on the side that messed up... but it has to exactly the saem amount.... better yet... unscrew the side that still intack... mark it b4 u do it with a marker... on the arm of tha flap and on the corner of the nut... and count how many turns it goes back...
at this point u dont care what the stock actuators should/are... u need to go by the boost level u want achieved... u might have to do this a couple times afetr testing the car...

good luck

click to view

Old 03-28-2006, 09:36 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
what are the upgraded wastegate options? i have the 'stage 2' kevin k16/k24 hybrids but no idea what wastegate is on them.

i tend to believe it's a stock wastegate b/c boost control is still somewhat poor w/ a greddy profec-b. by 'poor', i mean i adjust it for say, 1.3bar; however, in 5th & 6th, at the highest loads, it still gets up to 1.45bar.

marski, were you able to hold boost steady (ie, no spikes like this) w/ upgraded wastegates & greddy?

- chuck

Old 03-28-2006, 09:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by carendt242
what are the upgraded wastegate options? i have the 'stage 2' kevin k16/k24 hybrids but no idea what wastegate is on them.

i tend to believe it's a stock wastegate b/c boost control is still somewhat poor w/ a greddy profec-b. by 'poor', i mean i adjust it for say, 1.3bar; however, in 5th & 6th, at the highest loads, it still gets up to 1.45bar.

marski, were you able to hold boost steady (ie, no spikes like this) w/ upgraded wastegates & greddy?

- chuck
satge 2 usually have stock actuators... but with better wastegates u definately hold boost where u want it... and hold it.... unlike any stock k16 and k24... even my hybrid k24 dint hold boost on top... it would spike to 1.3 or 1.4 but drop off to 1.2 .....
my stage 5s form Kevin with the billet wastegates were freaking crazy...
Unfortunatly ur ecu will shut the TB down if u sustain anything above 1.3 bars....so the trick is to dial in via a boost contoller.. either Electonic or u can use a $35 manual boost controller and hook it up parallel to the stock frequency valve.. tahts way any extra boost(spikes) get bled out to the atmoshere....
u cant put aftermarket actautors on stock k16s.... dont do that...

click to view

Old 03-28-2006, 09:48 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
satge 2 usually have stock actuators... but with better wastegates u definately hold boost where u want it... and hold it.... unlike any stock k16 and k24... even my hybrid k24 dint hold boost on top... it would spike to 1.3 or 1.4 but drop off to 1.2 .....
my stage 5s form Kevin with the billet wastegates were freaking crazy...
Unfortunatly ur ecu will shut the TB down if u sustain anything above 1.3 bars....so the trick is to dial in via a boost contoller.. either Electonic or u can use a $35 manual boost controller and hook it up parallel to the stock frequency valve.. tahts way any extra boost(spikes) get bled out to the atmoshere....
u cant put aftermarket actautors on stock k16s.... dont do that...
right, nearly got it dialed in w/ the greddy. i just have to sacrifice some of the 'higher-end' boost to deal w/ the spikes in 5th & 6th.

guess it's time pm kevin about upgraded wastegates.

protomotive has already 'fixed' the TB shutdown

- chuck

Old 03-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
I know todds ecu doesnt shut the TB down... email todd and see maybe setting the gain on the profec will help..... do u already have kevins billet wastegates?

click to view

Old 03-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I know todds ecu doesnt shut the TB down... email todd and see maybe setting the gain on the profec will help..... do u already have kevins billet wastegates?
i don't know - that's why i asked the question

from the behavior, i'd say probably not. i'll have to do some more investigation.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
Hey chuck... u probably have the stock ones.... ask Kevin to set u up with a set thats about 1 bar or less.... and I almost want to say .8bars...
he should know which ones they should be.... Todd also has a them as well.
Evoms has the kit as well...
iys all about the spring rate... and calibration....
if u need help.. pm me...

click to view

Old 03-28-2006, 11:41 PM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
Can someone post a pic of what you are talking about?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wastegate actuator rod image?