996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Source for O-Rings for wing pump OR a used pump anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 07:02 AM
TexasNewfie has a spectacular aura aboutTexasNewfie has a spectacular aura aboutTexasNewfie has a spectacular aura about
Source for O-Rings for wing pump OR a used pump anyone?

Hi All, After 5 years without leaks in my rebuilt wing pump, I have a problem. Woke up to find pentosin seeping down the deck lid. Disassembly of the pump showed one of the black o-rings on the cylinder piston was broken. its an odd shaped o-ring, somewhere between a standard round o-ring and what looks to be a square-edged o-ring, in that its sides look somewhat flat from design rather than just pure compression. I tried some viton o-rings I have here and they fit but they are smaller in thickness and required 2 to fill the space requiring me to remove the white spacer next to the OEM o-ring. In the end, there is still a leak and this odd sized o-ring doesn't seem to be generally available where I've searched.

I've decided this is my last ditch attempt to either rebuild the wing pump or purchase a used pump in working (i.e. non-leaking) condition if someone has one. If not, I'll go to the 3" eRam kit, which seems a great alternative with positive reviews and good support. Glad to see there is this option.

Old 08-27-2024, 05:29 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Fix it permanently by upgrading to the eRam system from Rennkit, or check eBay for used hydraulics. There is normally a few units for sale.

Old 08-29-2024, 08:15 AM
mxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond repute
Take them to a hydraulics shop to match up. They are not actually o-rings they are hydraulic seals. You can also measure them and search online as well if you are so inclined.

Old 08-30-2024, 06:18 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Long time ago, I went to an o-ring company here in Montreal with all the used o-rings that came out from the spoiler sytem. Here a picture I took of what they give me as alternate : Of course they are Viton o-rings....

Old 08-31-2024, 08:21 AM
TexasNewfie has a spectacular aura aboutTexasNewfie has a spectacular aura aboutTexasNewfie has a spectacular aura about
@jpflip Did these work for you? Rebuilt with no leaks?

I'm still considering the eRAMs though. Tired of messing with pentosin and this thing in general.

Old 08-31-2024, 08:22 AM
@DaveCarrera4S The eRAMs look to be a really elegant solution. Nicely done. Definitely considering

Old 08-31-2024, 09:01 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TexasNewfie
@jpflip Did these work for you? Rebuilt with no leaks?

I'm still considering the eRAMs though. Tired of messing with pentosin and this thing in general.

The motor parts yes but I did not feel confident with my modification I did on the two actuators....Finally decided to send everything to Belgium for a full overhaul...Really satisfied with the works of Harald at DH automotive... It was important for me to keep the system original....

Old 09-01-2024, 02:22 PM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Don’t forget the discount code, 6Speed5off for a new set of eRams at http://Rennkit.com

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-01-2024 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-10-2024, 01:45 AM
LucyColeman
Thank you so much for the link.