996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any Feed Back On Jrz Rs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 12:57 PM
MX RACER is infamous around these parts
Any Feed Back On Jrz Rs

I am looking into the suspension thing and was wondering if any here has
any experience or feed back on the JRZ RS line. I understand this is there
street set up.. Thanks..

Old 03-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
I use the JRZ RS set up -- works great -- fully adjustable for street and track and everything in between (although primarily a track set up). Call Tom at Turbo Performance Center (http://www.tpcracing.us/): 410-799-RACE (7223). He knows his stuff.

Craig

Last edited by Craig; 03-30-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks Craig. Yeah I am actually local to TPC I've had my car on their dyno a couple of time. Tom seems cool he wants me to do all the sway bars etc.. Do you think that for a mainly street driven car thats necessary??

Old 03-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
I don't know if any of this is "necessary," but it does improve handling. I use TPC's sway bars -- they are a beefy 26 and 30 mm (larger than other available sway bars). I tried TPC's drop links, but ultimately switched to the ones made by The Racers Group (my mod list is inaccurate in this regard).

Craig

Old 03-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Your right necessary is the wrong word to use when talking about this stuff..
What did you not like about the TPC drop links??

Old 03-30-2006, 03:31 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I actually have my set of used JRZ double adjustable (with the remove resevoirs) for sale if you're interested. Sorry to hijack the thread.. those might be overkill for what you want and as Craig said these are a good kit.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:20 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
I actually have my set of used JRZ double adjustable (with the remove resevoirs) for sale if you're interested. Sorry to hijack the thread.. those might be overkill for what you want and as Craig said these are a good kit.
Gee sharkster,

I always thought the JRZ two ways were an underkill.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:22 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Gee sharkster,

I always thought the JRZ two ways were an underkill.
haha best post in a while pal

Old 03-31-2006, 06:57 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Yes Chad, but 4-way systems require you to carry a pit crew and access to a shaker rig with data readouts and telemetry systems on the car to gain the most optimal settings. Have fun carrying a team with you to set up KA for each track you encounter. You might as well enter KA in an exhibition race at Petit Le Mans or something if you are going to go through that much trouble.

On another note, when it comes to JRZ, the only person I trust is Cary Eisenlohr. He's probably done more testing and knows more about these shocks than anyone on this side of the pond. My 2 cents.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:48 AM
Who is Cary Eisenlohr?? (sorry I am new at this)

Old 03-31-2006, 01:22 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hamann7
Yes Chad, but 4-way systems require you to carry a pit crew and access to a shaker rig with data readouts and telemetry systems on the car to gain the most optimal settings. Have fun carrying a team with you to set up KA for each track you encounter. You might as well enter KA in an exhibition race at Petit Le Mans or something if you are going to go through that much trouble.

On another note, when it comes to JRZ, the only person I trust is Cary Eisenlohr. He's probably done more testing and knows more about these shocks than anyone on this side of the pond. My 2 cents.
Tyson,

I have found the JRZ's that I use to be very efficient simply by making a run around the course and then making a "single" adjustment. I continue to to that 3 or four times and at the end the car is handling pretty well.

I'm sure it could be optimized further, but it works for me.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:50 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Anyone using motons?

TIA

Old 03-31-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Anyone using motons?

TIA
You didn't call yet lol There a good few people in the Bay Area on these. Some do a lot of tracking and some do less but they work really well on both. Get the right set up for your needs and surrounding hardware, a good alignment and tweak away:P