996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

what does stage 4 mean?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I ran also a 11.5 on stage 4 FVD with k24s. but tahts the max. idid over 50 runs and I couldnt do better.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-13-2006, 06:52 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I ran also a 11.5 on stage 4 FVD with k24s. but tahts the max. idid over 50 runs and I couldnt do better.
That's right, I forgot about that, what did you trap? You're a better "launcher" than me

BTW, are you going for the 9s this weekend in the EVO?

Old 05-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
That's right, I forgot about that, what did you trap? You're a better "launcher" than me

BTW, are you going for the 9s this weekend in the EVO?
I trapped only 124 mph. 1.74 60 ft. on 19s just liek u.
its still raining form yesterday and it looks like it will rain the whole weekend.
If I had a cage I would go any day and do as many launches as I want to... so Im slightly worried taht I might only have one pass again.
I think we are going to do it- 9s. I did 10.5 on 456 awhp and now we dialed her in at 640 awhp. keep u posted.
markski

click to view

Old 05-13-2006, 07:09 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
I trapped only 124 mph. 1.74 60 ft. on 19s just liek u.
its still raining form yesterday and it looks like it will rain the whole weekend.
If I had a cage I would go any day and do as many launches as I want to... so Im slightly worried taht I might only have one pass again.
I think we are going to do it- 9s. I did 10.5 on 456 awhp and now we dialed her in at 640 awhp. keep u posted.
markski
That thing should be trapping in the low 140's

Old 05-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
Im shooting for high 130s.... I know that if U swich to june cams Ill get an extra 50 hp up on top... taht paired with a bigger TB.... I think it will then definately do it... we will see very soon.

click to view

Old 05-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Don't want to hijack the thread, so I posted about the EVO in its own thread.

Old 05-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
The question is can you dust him off the launch? All this All Wheel Drive stuff does not help the TT out of the blocks. This car is very hard to launch, the turbos (bog or spin) don't help either. I really like the rear weight bias though.

What kind of 60' time does the M3 put up? That's a much easier car to launch... and I bet a Z06 is too. Nothing like good low end grunt and a predictable powerband for good 60' times...

Old 05-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by ari
The question is can you dust him off the launch? All this All Wheel Drive stuff does not help the TT out of the blocks. This car is very hard to launch, the turbos (bog or spin) don't help either. I really like the rear weight bias though.

What kind of 60' time does the M3 put up? That's a much easier car to launch... and I bet a Z06 is too. Nothing like good low end grunt and a predictable powerband for good 60' times...
Actually Corvettes are about as 996TTs to launch, they are also notorious for breaking half-shafts. Neither of these cars was built to drag race. Just go to the corvette forum and read the threads about how hard of a time they have with the cars at the strip. The Vettes also come with run-flat tires which are HORRIBLE for performance

Old 05-14-2006, 06:58 AM
Chuck_H is infamous around these parts
-At what point does the stock clutch need uprgrading, is it good for a stage 4 car?
-Do any stage 4 cars have a chance at passing emissions?

Old 05-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by powder
-At what point does the stock clutch need uprgrading, is it good for a stage 4 car?
-Do any stage 4 cars have a chance at passing emissions?
they all pass emissions... and u will need a clutch soon after u burn out the sock one( stage 4- 550 hp or so) will eat it up...

click to view

Old 05-15-2006, 08:09 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Okay so we need a tuner that has packages as follows:

Guaranteed to run:

11's Price $
10's Price $
9's Price $

Full and complete refund if your car does not hit the projected 1/4 number. Regardless of crappy launch, high altitude, or 19 inch wheels!

Don't hold your breath!

Old 05-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by buddyg
Okay so we need a tuner that has packages as follows:

Guaranteed to run:

11's Price $
10's Price $
9's Price $

Now that makes it all really nice a simple!

Now all we need is a kit that will guarantee a maximum time on a road course - THAT would be impressive!

Old 05-15-2006, 02:34 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
O.K. how about this crazy idea, I take my Gt3 to EVO. They have justed finished a turbo kit. I think it's 550 to the wheels, lighter car, any thoughts? Supposedly, they are also putting together a Gt3 for a guy, 900 hp? Flame on.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
O.K. how about this crazy idea, I take my Gt3 to EVO. They have justed finished a turbo kit. I think it's 550 to the wheels, lighter car, any thoughts? Supposedly, they are also putting together a Gt3 for a guy, 900 hp? Flame on.
cool idea and they r doing it...
how about my idea- well actually ist my current project: a 996tt with gt3 RS racing heads, cams, forged pistons, rods( of course).. World cup Car one off manifold... no vario cam timing and 9000 rpms.... paired with a set of gt35r turbos...

click to view

Old 05-15-2006, 02:43 PM
cool idea and they r doing it...
how about my idea- well actually ist my current project: a 996tt with gt3 RS racing heads, cams, forged pistons, rods( of course).. World cup Car one off manifold... no vario cam timing and 9000 rpms.... paired with a set of gt35r turbos...
That's my favorite part!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what does stage 4 mean?