996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Drag raced the stage 2 today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 03:24 AM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Porscheboy16
How hot was it? That Arizona heat should've had a pretty big effect on the times. IllM3 your northeast temps should make your et's be lower.
id say track temp was about 78-82 ?

Old 04-02-2006, 03:25 AM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Welllll, im going to be going shortly while this weather is perfect, wish me luck guys
GOOD LUCK MAN!!!!

Old 04-02-2006, 07:39 AM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I ran a 11.65 @ 126 when my car was a stage 2 on the stock clutch...but it was a different track, different day. I launched at about 3k rpm with PSM off.

I'd recommend giving it another try with PSM off and a softer launch.
I agree: PSM off. I ran a 12.2 with PSM off and a exhaust as my only mod.

As for stage II - Sharkey ran a 11.6 @ 122-123mph when he was stage II with his tiptronic. I believe that he was on 100 octane much like you, however. Perhaps the timing is really getting pulled on pump gas?

Old 04-02-2006, 10:40 AM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
I have a couple of mpeg videos from my digital camera, is their anyone who can help me post them?

Old 04-02-2006, 10:44 AM
chinitowest,

I ran right next to you one time and we were neck and neck. I looked for you afterwards but didnt find you. So what kind of boost are you getting? That should tell you whether you are stock or not. I was at 1.2bar and you were right there with me. I think I ran a 12.4 on that run though. Nice job and nice car. Congrats.

Last edited by rwm514; 04-02-2006 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I ran a 11.65 @ 126 when my car was a stage 2 on the stock clutch...but it was a different track, different day. I launched at about 3k rpm with PSM off.

I'd recommend giving it another try with PSM off and a softer launch.
Thanks, I was definately launching at too hi rpm, that damn light tree doesnt give you much time to get ready though!

Old 04-02-2006, 10:53 AM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
what did the gt700 run? last time it was 11.3 @136 mph.
Im not going to say anything.. but there are faster tuners then the mentioned above..

And that is all I am going to say on the subject as well.

Bajo

rwm, you did ok on your first run ever at the drag strip, practice practice pratice and above all have fun get to know your car. Cant wait to see what I do when I take mine for the first time.
I will be a novice as well and mine will probably be the first GT2 to ever produce 14sec. 1/4 mile run, .
God I hope not.

Old 04-02-2006, 11:01 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BBGT2

And that is all I am going to say on the subject as well.

Bajo

rwm, you did ok on your first run ever at the drag strip, practice practice pratice and above all have fun get to know your car. Cant wait to see what I do when I take mine for the first time.
I will be a novice as well and mine will probably be the first GT2 to ever produce 14sec. 1/4 mile run, .
God I hope not.

At leat it will be loud.

Old 04-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
well my friend... those above parts that u will add on will yield no more then 11.9s...if u want real power u need to spend something like $30K..
what did the gt700 run? last time it was 11.3 @136 mph.
Im not going to say anything.. but there are faster tuners then the mentioned above..
Im confused

Which tuners were mentioned and what do you mean?

Old 04-02-2006, 12:17 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
At leat it will be loud.
Nahh, just sweet music as only a force fed flat six can make, Mozart eat your heart out!
FFF6.... hey that would be a nice license plate.

rwm, I think what Marksi is saying is do ALOT of homework ask ALOT of questions to all the tuners available and see which one makes the most sense to what you are after then talk to the guys here that have the setups from those tuners, most of the guys here would love to tell you about their monsters. Drag times will always vary as you have to know how to drive the car. Alot of the guys here know exactly that and have experimented with alot of tuning projects and seem to have endless supply of moolah.
Ask yourself what you want, what you want to accomplish with it and go from there. I give kudos to guys like Markski, VRAlexander, Diveextreme, Craig, Sharky etc ( to mention a few and no particular order) that have painstakingly gone way over what I would have.
For me I want 600hp gross and I think on a GT2 that is AWESOME, as I will be the first one to say that is plenty for me to get used to and get comfortable with, will I want more power probably, you know the old saying about Power and Corruption.
But as Pirelli summed it up the best, power is nothing without control.
Bottom line is and always will be that someone is going to have something faster concentrate on you and handling the capabilities of your car and your ability to harness all that. And above all enjoy it and drive it like it's your brothers at least that is what my brother says after I yell at him for torturing my car when he drives it.

Bajo

Old 04-02-2006, 01:19 PM
chinitowest has a spectacular aura aboutchinitowest has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rwm514
chinitowest,

I ran right next to you one time and we were neck and neck. I looked for you afterwards but didnt find you. So what kind of boost are you getting? That should tell you whether you are stock or not. I was at 1.2bar and you were right there with me. I think I ran a 12.4 on that run though. Nice job and nice car. Congrats.
It holds a 0.7 bar... I think it's stock.. my best run was 12.14 at 117.8ish.. I let the air outa my tires and had a decent 60' 1.84 or so...

Old 04-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chinitowest
It holds a 0.7 bar... I think it's stock.. my best run was 12.14 at 117.8ish.. I let the air outa my tires and had a decent 60' 1.84 or so...
very nice...and tahst what a stock car should run...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-02-2006, 04:02 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Just got back home... and I knew my day of reckoning was coming. After 100s of passes at the track on the stock transmission, 36K HARD miles it would going to happen one day. And it happened there. I'd noticed issues on the way from the airport with the transmission so I knew the risk. It's ok though, a tranny is on its way and it'll be back stronger than ever:P

I actually hit 115mph right before the 1/8th and the transmissions would not shift into 4th gear. It bounced off the rev limiter and would not engage so I coasted in at 11.01 @ 114mph. That run was looking pretty good... I guess for 3 gears it wasn't bad

Old 04-02-2006, 04:03 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rwm514
Definately a fun time at the exotic car club day at the drags. Got to meet some nice guys and see some great cars in action. The Mercedes seem to pull the best times for the most part mid to hi 11's from what I saw. I ran a 12.38 at 115mph my first go, which was also my first time ever drag racing and first time really pushing my tt. Later, i was able to manage a 12.15 at 119. Both of these runs were with psm on. I tried it with it off and would get massive wheel hop (et=12.4secs). Im obviously not an expert
I think I could have gotten better times with more experience because psm was definately slowing me down.I also had some problems bouncing off the rev limiter .

What do you guys think of my times? What should a good driver get with my mods? intake, exhaust, stage 1 clutch, GIAC flash, short shifter. Can you estimate my hp with my trap speeds?
heya bud.. not too bad sorry I had to leave after that one 11.9 run. I could have done a little better but seeing as I blew my tranny, you had 19s on and such, I didn't want to get too brutal You can borrow my 18s anytime and try it that way!

Old 04-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Sharky I heard.. that sucks...
On another note, since ur a tuner as well and a fellow consumer like the rest of us... I have a question...
Dont u think it would be good to have tuners liek urself, better yet evoms, take the cars out... do videos and 1/4 runs ... tahst way we can better make honest decisions as to what we want and expect form a tuning kit...
This is not actually directed only towards you, but as u know me.. I have been pursueing the 10s for quite some time.. and it very hard... its very hard to get into he low 11s let alone 10s...
Also, alot of guys never make it to the track, they just read maG. articles...and assume... If I would do it all over again.. I would like to know what a car is trapping and lets say doing in a 1/4 mile...
I, when purchased a certain kit - not GIAC based... was promised that the car spins tires in 3rd gear... and that it does low 11s... well... they got me for $15K cause that car never saw anything below 11.7. as a matter of fact that tuner never took a car to the 1/4 track... they just assume...
I think most tuners here work hard and have great customer service... liek urself... kudos to all...
this is just my honest opinion...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 04-02-2006 at 04:25 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drag raced the stage 2 today