996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Drag raced the stage 2 today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 11:28 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
IM not arguing but how do u guys explain my 11.5 second run with k24s, 5 bar, exhaust, dvs, ur hoses, , running 1.2 bars@100 octane on 19s.... and thats also on street tires ....yes 19s...
what Im trying to say is that the MPH on the gt700 is there but not the ET.
here is my slip and video... and I was at 1/3 of the cost that a gt700 is...
i also ran at 90 degree temps...Then u have Scott(divirexxtreme) who runs ur stage 2 ecu with stock k16s and he does does 11.6 @126mph.
something just doest add up... and I never said tge gt700 runs 10s... or should... just everyone on this board is under assumption that it should.. and whenever someone posts a thread liek" what does a XXX run".. no one has rear figures just a bunch of magazine #s.. and should haves .. could haves...
I always said.. and have been watching sharky vary close.. that its not easy to get into the 10s...
best to all and especially to evoms cause I had purchased many great products form you guys as well...
http://www.djmarkski.com/drag strip pic.mp4 or http://www.djmarkski.com/drag strip pic.avi
and my slip:
Marski rules of drag racing... If you want consistency run at the same track at the same time and all with Autos and the same driver. The reason you see so much variance is just simply because there are so many different people with different skills driving in different conditions (temperature, traction, tire, wheels, RWD, AWD etc..). There are too many variables out there really.

A good way to see who "is" the fastest on any given day is to get everyone together at the same place at the same time with the same drivers and on the same tires... This happened in Vegas:

My car which three weeks later ran 10.98 @ 128 broke in to the 10s. Does that mean I was the fastest? No, I had one turbo that had a FOD' impellor but who's to say if Todd, Kaspar and the GT700 car then ran on my day they wouldn't have beaten me?

All I know is in Vegas it was run what ya brung.

Old 04-03-2006, 03:24 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with you... I think it would be very helpful to have some documentation from customers... if not form ur own stable... just put up the slips... and the slips, videos, and the dunos like u guys do... that would help...
On another note, you say that tuners would put up their best 1/4 time.. and I agree.. but dont they put on their best duno runs? I dont know.. so Im asking... if not.. then what would be the problem putting up average 1/4 times... just like duno numbers...
My point is.. that 3 years ago when I started to mod... I was new to this game.. just like many new guys as we speak... and if I was going to do this again... I would ask a siple question- "what does it run in 1/4"...
Lets give them some more info so they can make educated guesses and not get disappointed that they wanted this and not that... thus in turn you as tuners can work closer with customers and suite their needs...
I have an EVO8 and prior to the build out I said that I want to run mid 10s on street tires... they said it would XXX amount... and they delivered...
Sorry that Im a 1/4 stiffler... but that is one way I can guage anyones car(tuning kit)... and as u said not the only way... duno numbers tell part of the story... 1/4 ETs and trap speeds another... well, maybe the same just from a different side...
Thanks guys for jumping in and sharing ur thoughts on this one...
I've been reading your posts for some time and I've held my tounge until now. From the things that you say you obviously don't know a great deal about drag racing or "1/4 miling" as you call it. I'm not saying that I'm an expert, but I have over 2000 passes under my belt, as well as, my NHRA 7.50 license. 1/4 mile is not a good measuring stick for these cars as there are many factors that go into acheiving a good ET. I consider myself a very good driver and I haven't made a 10 second pass in my GT700 yet, I've gone 8.08 in another car, so I've "been to the dance" have you? My car has a full TechArt race suspension and 19" wheels, both of which fight it from making its true potential in the 1/4. I can gurantee you that my GT700 is faster and more durable than your Mitsubishi. I like to do more than just 1/4 mile my car, I also like to road race. So if you're going to judge all of EVOMS cars by the fact that mine hasn't run 10's yet, then you're living in fantasy land. If I wanted to set my car up to do nothing but drag, I can assure you that the GT700 WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM RUNNING 9's!!!!!

And by the way, you guys can hate on EVOMS all you want to, but I have yet to SEE anybody run faster than them PERIOD. You guys can talk all you want to about what you do in your illegal street racing, but until you post legimate video and slips STFU!!!!

At least Todd and the guys from EVOMS show up to the track when they say they're going to. They don't always have some "my dog ate my homework" BS excuse, that's more than I can say for some.

Last edited by RennTechV12; 04-03-2006 at 03:33 AM.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:54 AM
YSITSMN is infamous around these parts
Dam I must have left right before the Viper showed up..

Old 04-03-2006, 04:29 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Markski,

You know how appreciative I am for all your input and assistance with my project, so please take this as the constructive criticism of a good friend: This drum you have beat for the past couple of months is losing its luster. We all are fully aware that you tried several different packages, yet were unable to do better than a mid-11 second ¼ mile. We are fully aware that you were dissatisfied with the packages you received from certain tuners, and you do not believe certain of the HP claims made by these tuners. So be it. You have shared your discontent many times. The good news is that you have found a solution that should catapult your car into a new stratosphere. It is very exciting to watch the evolution of your project. The time has come to focus on the future, rather than belaboring the past and criticizing EVOMS. Notwithstanding your dissatisfaction, the fact remains that EVOMS builds some very fast cars and, contrary to your suggestion, they are not limited to pre-packaged set-ups -- as evidenced by my car, they also do fully customized set-ups. Protomotive is also an outstanding tuner and I have only positive things to say about them. I am eternally grateful for TDK’s assistance and I am purchasing certain products from him. The world of Porsche tuning is large enough for more than one quality tuner. You have undoubtedly found one of the best in Protomotive. Others have found one of the best in EVOMS.

Everyone is eagerly looking forward to the results of your current project. You are clearly creating a car for the ages. Lets focus our positive attention on your new set-up. You have been incredibly generous with me (and others) in terms of sharing the knowledge and experience your have garnered over the past few months, and I am eternally grateful!!! You best serve this community as a source of wisdom and positive contribution.

Craig

Last edited by Craig; 04-03-2006 at 04:46 AM.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
JOE, Ask Craig how helpful I have been and how I go out of my way to make things happen... from the intercoolers I supplied Craig with... to the headwork(thanks to Alexander)...
I simply told u that Its hard to run 10s.. especially after following Sharkys journey into the 10s... Its not that easy... as Sharky always said...
I will be the first one to congratulate you .. not out of spite but out of pure sportsmanship...
this is what I posted under ur thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=41053
and I quote "Im still waiting for the tens
on a serious note, Ive gone many times with my tt on different set ups... and I still believe that its super hard to get in the 10s with a TT. its almost impossible running 1.2 bars... If I recall.. sharky ran a 10.9 on 22 psi.. thats almost 1.5 bars. just curious.. what does the gt800 boost?" end of quote.
I dont think that sounds like Im hating EVOMS... You were the one to post ur slips.. i simply responded like any member would.. except I have also gone to the track many times... so I figured we had some mutual dialog...guess not.. I dont have a NHRA license.
Yes I did use ur car's performance as a reference point- why not.. u posted both ur slips and duno numbers.. and when another tuner built a car for a customer with similar duno numbers on a stock motor, I compared the two results(1/4 times).. so did everyone else...and trust me.. I was as surprised as everyone else... I think u know what Im talking about. If u post ur numbers you expose urself to critisism... good and bad... this doesnt mean that I hate evoms... i actually had a very pleasant run in with Todd Z.
He actually took it upon himself to get a hold of me when my silicone hose was not fitting properly.. we realized that a 2001TT Y pipe is slightly different form a 2003 TT Y pipe... from which the molding was taken... I dont forget that kind of customer service from an owner of a tuning shop...
BTW-
Im a partner in a evo/Mitsu tuning shop... we run 8.51 sec on a 2 liter motor. so I know what its like to be in a 8 second car...
Joe, if u had answered my PM I sent you 5 days ago on rennlist... maybe you would not be looking down at me like you are now. I was honest and very sincere. You signed up on Rennlist 5 days ago and I welcomed you...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 04-03-2006 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:40 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
At least Todd and the guys from EVOMS show up to the track when they say they're going to. They don't always have some "my dog ate my homework" BS excuse, that's more than I can say for some.
The dog ate my transmission I watched the video... the car was doing 115 at the 1/8th and then would not go into 4th. Lost power etc... It was almost a sweet "domestic-style" 10 second pass at 11.09 @ 114 lol. I really felt that run could have broken the record with 4th gear. A good bit faster than I had ever gone @ the 1/8th.

PS Thanks for much for taking care of the car after I left. I cannot believe how "great" AAA is...

Last edited by sharkster; 04-03-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:20 PM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sharkster
The dog ate my transmission I watched the video... the car was doing 115 at the 1/8th and then would not go into 4th. Lost power etc... It was almost a sweet "domestic-style" 10 second pass at 11.09 @ 114 lol. I really felt that run could have broken the record with 4th gear. A good bit faster than I had ever gone @ the 1/8th.

PS Thanks for much for taking care of the car after I left. I cannot believe how "great" AAA is...
I got there right when you did your last run.. so sorry about what happened.. i wanted to see you run so bad..oh well next time i guess..your car is so nice!!

Old 04-03-2006, 12:30 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sharkster

No problem. Thanks for the shoes & socks, again! They made my car stick to the track like glue!!!

The SL600 ended up going 11.26 @ 123, with a 1.58 60' time, not bad for a 4500lb, luxo mobile

We got the Chevy to make a pass in the 8's; 8.87 @ 143, on about an 85% throttle pass with a moderate pill in the trans-brake.

Old 04-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by sy996tt
I got there right when you did your last run.. so sorry about what happened.. i wanted to see you run so bad..oh well next time i guess..your car is so nice!!
Sorry to miss you Sonny! There is always a next time. Stuff breaks and then you fix it..

Old 04-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
No problem. Thanks for the shoes & socks, again! They made my car stick to the track like glue!!!

The SL600 ended up going 11.26 @ 123, with a 1.58 60' time, not bad for a 4500lb, luxo mobile

We got the Chevy to make a pass in the 8's; 8.87 @ 143, on about an 85% throttle pass with a moderate pill in the trans-brake.
My please bud.. anytime! I love RA-1s on the road course. Wicked...

Congrats on the SL600. That is so funny! Those cars are beasts and with the 1.58 60 foot... That's nuts!

The Chevy was just scary. Your father is a brave man:P

Old 04-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
JOE, Ask Craig how helpful I have been and how I go out of my way to make things happen... from the intercoolers I supplied Craig with... to the headwork(thanks to Alexander)...
I can verify that Markski has been very generous in terms of sharing info, and I am very appreciative.

Markski, my only suggestion is that you focus a bit more on positive contributions, rather than passive aggressive comments about other tuners. There is more than one path to high HP.

Craig

Old 04-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
I can verify that Markski has been very generous in terms of sharing info, and I am very appreciative.

Markski, my only suggestion is that you focus a bit more on positive contributions, rather than passive aggressive comments about other tuners. There is more than one path to high HP.
Craig
I agree.... I always give credit where due...

click to view

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 04-03-2006 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:56 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Well guys maybe you can shed some light, ran my friend Dimitrios over on viperforums, RT10 01 SC'd, pistons and so on, 10psi, meth injection!

Glad to say in my stg 2 porsche, in a 4th gear pull at 55mph with him letting me get the jump, i pulled ahead obviously and keeping the lead until entering 5th gear at about 130, going on till about mid of 5th when he couldnt shake me and prob got at most1 cl on me with my front at his back, but steady.. Ran a me 4th gear him 3rd, he instantly pulled but then shifted as im winding out 4th, im keeping a steady pull and hes about cl to car and a hafl steady, shut it down then 3rd to 3rd, pretty much same outcome as the 1st 4th gear run..

All of the viper guys including him and a 993tt guy were SHOCKED, but guess what, so was i LOL, this is a 10sec viper and i was sticking right with it, he said his car was running good to and so was mine, although i wasnt boosting steady .9 but .8, could have been the warmer weather, sometimes it was .9 dunno y

Video's from the last viper drive with me spitting flames out and eating up some viper's i will post up shortly, some professional guy or w/e took the video in his real nice 850 bmw, put it on dvd now i just have to get it!

Martin

Last edited by iLLM3; 04-03-2006 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:05 PM
rwm514 is infamous around these partsrwm514 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Well guys maybe you can shed some light, ran my friend Dimitrios over on viperforums, RT10 01 SC'd, pistons and so on, 10psi, meth injection!

Glad to say in my stg 2 porsche, in a 4th gear pull at 55mph with him letting me get the jump, i pulled ahead obviously and keeping the lead until mid 5th gear at about 130, going on till about 140's mid of 5th when he couldnt shake me and prob got at most1 cl on me with my front at his back, but steady.. Ran a me 4th gear him 3rd, he instantly pulled but then shifted as im winding out 4th, im keeping a steady pull and hes about cl to car and a hafl steady, shut it down then 3rd to 3rd, pretty much same outcome as the 1st 4th gear run..

All of the viper guys including him and a 993tt guy were SHOCKED, but guess what, so was i LOL, this is a 10sec viper and i was sticking right with it, he said his car was running good to and so was mine, although i wasnt boosting steady .9 but .8, could have been the warmer weather, sometimes it was .9 dunno y

Video's from the last viper drive with me spitting flames out and eating up some viper's i will post up shortly, some professional guy or w/e took the video in his real nice 850 bmw, put it on dvd now i just have to get it!

Martin
Take that thing to the drag strip and post some slips for us!

Old 04-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
Nice martin

click to view

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drag raced the stage 2 today