996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Drag raced the stage 2 today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 10:39 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Nice martin
Thanks Mark, PM

Old 04-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Cerberus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
No problem. Thanks for the shoes & socks, again! They made my car stick to the track like glue!!!

The SL600 ended up going 11.26 @ 123, with a 1.58 60' time, not bad for a 4500lb, luxo mobile

We got the Chevy to make a pass in the 8's; 8.87 @ 143, on about an 85% throttle pass with a moderate pill in the trans-brake.

Hey Joe,

Have you run the Carrera GT at the Strip yet? BTW, great run in the SL. 11.26 is awesome and the 1.58 60' is even better.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:04 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Well guys maybe you can shed some light, ran my friend Dimitrios over on viperforums, RT10 01 SC'd, pistons and so on, 10psi, meth injection!

Glad to say in my stg 2 porsche, in a 4th gear pull at 55mph with him letting me get the jump, i pulled ahead obviously and keeping the lead until entering 5th gear at about 130, going on till about mid of 5th when he couldnt shake me and prob got at most1 cl on me with my front at his back, but steady.. Ran a me 4th gear him 3rd, he instantly pulled but then shifted as im winding out 4th, im keeping a steady pull and hes about cl to car and a hafl steady, shut it down then 3rd to 3rd, pretty much same outcome as the 1st 4th gear run..

All of the viper guys including him and a 993tt guy were SHOCKED, but guess what, so was i LOL, this is a 10sec viper and i was sticking right with it, he said his car was running good to and so was mine, although i wasnt boosting steady .9 but .8, could have been the warmer weather, sometimes it was .9 dunno y

Video's from the last viper drive with me spitting flames out and eating up some viper's i will post up shortly, some professional guy or w/e took the video in his real nice 850 bmw, put it on dvd now i just have to get it!

Martin

So you became another snake slayer

Old 04-04-2006, 12:06 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
So you became another snake slayer
I lost Vince lol But it was some good runs, but for the other NA lightly modded viper's lol, they werent so lucky, hopefully i'll get these damm video's soon

Old 04-04-2006, 10:00 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
This has all been good discussion and Renntechv12 I was with you until
you said your GT700 was faster and more durable than Marksi's
EVO ?? Also how with some work, you could be in the 9's in your
GT700.???? 9 seconds in your GT700 ???
I do not think so. Sounded like a great event, but when
you came out swinging at Markski you lost your cool and some
of your Accuracy of what can be accomplished.

Last edited by WOODTSTER; 04-04-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:10 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cerberus
Hey Joe,

Have you run the Carrera GT at the Strip yet? BTW, great run in the SL. 11.26 is awesome and the 1.58 60' is even better.
I took it for a pass on Friday. I rolled on the throttle, with a 3.1 60' time it went 13.2 @ 126. The tires were trying to break loose with every shift. It's really hard to get the tires hot without doing a serious burnout. The tires on that thing are too expensive for that, so I just rolled on it.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:25 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
This has all been good discussion and Renntechv12 I was with you util
you said your GT700 was faster and more durable than Marksi's
EVO ?? Also how with some work, you could be in the 9's in your
GT700.???? 9 seconds in your GT700 ???
I do not thing so. Sounded like a great event, but when
you came out swinging at Markski you lost your cool and some
of your Accuracy of what can be accomplished.
I've seen and driven cars with less power that trap in the low 130's and the high 120's that run 9's. What different? The setup of the cars. Gearing, wheels/tires, suspension etc. From the trap speed that I have run 9's should be achievable, period.

As far as what I said before, I'm just tired of hearing it from the haters, when I speak MY mind about the subject, people get offended. I think that it's funny that the main people running their mouths haven't even come close to doing what they're talking about. I haven't heard one negative thing at all from Divextreme, a guy who HAS run 10's in his car, with PROOF.

It seems that every time drag racing is mentioned, Markski see it as an opportunity to take a swipe at the times I've run in my GT700 and at EVOMS as a tuner. I'm sick and tired of it.

I think that it's also funny that you guys talk about ET, ET, ET. You like you ignore the fact that in AZ we are at a SEVERE disadvantage because of our atmospheric conditions. I know that some people here say that it doesn' matter, but that's simply not true. It's pure science and fact nothing else. Why do you think that the NHRA uses correction factors? Because they are biased, NO, because it is what it is. If I made my 11.25 run at ATCO, it would have been 10.68, that's the facts. If EVOMS made their run 10.37 at ATCO, it would have been in the 9's. You guys can ignore the atmosphereic conditions all you want, but they are a major factor.

Last edited by RennTechV12; 04-04-2006 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Joe I never attacked you, I only said that its very hard to run 10s... and when u went out a couple of months and consistantly ran 11.2/11.3s.. what was I supposed to think. So I asked questions like everyone else... I happen to take my cars to the strip as well... all of them... and I also was an owner of beautiful cars such as urself... lambos, astons, ferraris, etc... Im not a kid driving Mitsus all day long... and yet I absolutely love it...
We now know that a gt700 can run 10s...
Best to u and all at Evoms,
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Joe I never attacked you, I only said that its very hard to run 10s... and when u went out a couple of months and consistantly ran 11.2/11.3s.. what was I supposed to think. So I asked questions like everyone else... I happen to take my cars to the strip as well... all of them... and I also was an owner of beautiful cars such as urself... lambos, astons, ferraris, etc... Im not a kid driving Mitsus all day long... and yet I absolutely love it...
markski
Mark exactly what we were talking about, oh well

Old 04-04-2006, 01:12 PM
markski
Fair enough. I'm not a disagreeable guy. If I misunderstood your comments I apologize. It just seems that you have nothing but negative things to say about the GT700 and EVOMS as a whole. I love my car and the upgrades that EVOMS gave it. I know that there are several other tuners out there. But it seems that EVOMS is the only one who'll document their car performance with real world track times. I didn't mean to diss your EVO either. I think that it's cool that people are able to mod those cars to run so fast.

That's the whole reason that these forums exist, for car guys like you and me to discuss our likes, dislikes and opinions on our favorite subject, cars. With all that being said, I think that we both have gotten something from this thread that will help us in the future.

I hope to have more spirited discussions with you, it's kinda fun

Joe

Old 04-04-2006, 01:16 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
illm3,
Nice post about running with an awesome viper. I have always said that these cars shine from a roll. Our cars are much fast than the ET's would imply. They may struggle to get out of the 11's but they will stomp many cars that will pull high 10's rolling. Especially from 120 up. I look forward to hearing of your drag times and my quess is 11.75. Let me know if I am close!

Old 04-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Fair enough. I'm not a disagreeable guy. If I misunderstood your comments I apologize. It just seems that you have nothing but negative things to say about the GT700 and EVOMS as a whole. I love my car and the upgrades that EVOMS gave it. I know that there are several other tuners out there. But it seems that EVOMS is the only one who'll document their car performance with real world track times. I didn't mean to diss your EVO either. I think that it's cool that people are able to mod those cars to run so fast.

That's the whole reason that these forums exist, for car guys like you and me to discuss our likes, dislikes and opinions on our favorite subject, cars. With all that being said, I think that we both have gotten something from this thread that will help us in the future.

Joe
Cool
best to you

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-04-2006, 01:40 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !

Joe
Joe.. just wondering how many cars did you drag race that day lol? Everytime I turned around I saw you in another car with DR's doing burnouts lol!

Old 04-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
As long as the customer is happy thats all that matters.

Neil

Old 04-04-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Joe.. just wondering how many cars did you drag race that day lol? Everytime I turned around I saw you in another car with DR's doing burnouts lol!
The Benz, Bentley and the CGT. Dad piloted the Chevy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drag raced the stage 2 today