996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT700 Wastegate Adjustment Needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Zippy, Im happy to u its working... are u sure both sides are exact(nuts turned same amount..)
Here is the problem... as temp. change so will ur boost... so my suggestion, if happy with what u have, is to get a boost controller installed... taht way u can adjust boost at ur fingertips. but u have to be responsible and not get carried away with the boost....
best to u,
mark
Thanks for your help Mark in getting this accomplished. I think another 1/2 turn (1.5 total) may be in order. With the boost controller: Will it actually be able to raise the boost from my current setting, or is my current setting the maximum value with the boost controller only capable of reducing boost from that point?

Mike

Old 04-04-2006, 06:35 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Zippy,

You should really adjust the wastegates properly. If one turbo is set different than the other it will be working harder than it should and may risk failure. I can send you the tools you need to do it properly if you like. Do you have a small hand operated bike pump?

Tom

Old 04-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I dont this Zippy has his turbos off... I just think he needs to make an adjustment..

Yes u can set to low boost... run pump gas... switch to 100 octane via flashloader, switch to high boost setting hy hitting a button... crank it up to 1.4 bars... or so... but on that I would contact ut tuner and make sure waht level is safe on ur kit...
this is hoe most turbo cars should/are run.. but then again IM not ur tuner so I cant really tell u....
I do know that protomotive does do it liek I say... but then again.. each tuner is different...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-05-2006, 12:29 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by K24madness
Zippy,

You should really adjust the wastegates properly. If one turbo is set different than the other it will be working harder than it should and may risk failure. I can send you the tools you need to do it properly if you like. Do you have a small hand operated bike pump?

Tom
Tom, I appreciate the offer. I should just go buy the thing. Do you need to remove the turbos to use the device, or can you just plug it into the top of the waste gate? What's the name of the thing I need to get?

Thanks for the input. I would like to do this as accurately as possible.

Mike

Old 04-05-2006, 12:35 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Mike u leave the turbos on...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL