996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

60-130 MPH: A Better Performance Measurement Than The 1/4 Mile ET

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 02:10 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by vincentdds
PINK?

ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG !!

Just keep me in mind when you decide to part with her... They just finished with all the editing of my Pinks episode, it will air within the next six weeks...

Old 04-07-2006, 02:15 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG !!

Just keep me in mind when you decide to part with her... They just finished with all the editing of my Pinks episode, it will air within the next six weeks...
PM me your number.
If you ever in Seattle give me a shout.

Now lets give the Promotive 996tt a proper retirement ceremony in May and store it my peaceful garage.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Bill S. is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Craig
Why do you say this? Do you assume people will be disappointed with actual performance stats?

How will the posted AX22 times not be accurate?

Craig
Posted AX22 times can be easily changed by manipulating the source data, just like some posted timeslips were modified with Photoshop a while back. People would only do this if they're dissappointed or have something to gain by showing their car is faster than it really is.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill S.
Posted AX22 times can be easily changed by manipulating the source data, just like some posted timeslips were modified with Photoshop a while back. People would only do this if they're dissappointed or have something to gain by showing their car is faster than it really is.
Bill it needs an experienced "manipulator" to distort the data, it is in binary format. The files can be extracted and sent out by email and verified in any case.

Everything is possible for a devious mind for sure, but I think it is one of the most accurate and difficult to tamper with methods since it has both accelerometers and GPS.

You being the originator of the 60-130mph thread here and on RL, if you would like to test the AX22 on your car you are welcome to do so with the unit that I am purchasing from Craig, my only requirement is for you to share your recorded data later on with me and ship the unit back to a US address wihtin a week or so. PM me if interested.
If you are in touch with JJayB, same applies to him with pleasure.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Cerberus is infamous around these parts
Why not 60 to 160?

Hey guys,

It seems the minimal time it takes our cars to accelerate from 60 to 130 that it would be hard to quantify and realistically make sense of the incremental time differences during such a narrow speed range.

I think it would be more advantageous to measure the elapsed time from maybe 60 to 160 for this "real world" power comparison versus the brief 60 to 130 contemplated. This would give suffiicient time for the high power cars such as the GT700, 800s, CGTs and etc to flex their muscles to produce more useable time differentials between the cars.

Here in Vegas, they perform roll-ons on a 0.7 mile stretch of road (closed course non-public road of course ) starting at about 50 undisturbed. I know of a GT2 that pulls almost 180 during that distance, with the fast cars (1200 hp Supras and twin turbo Vipers) approaching 210. It does not take much tarmac to reach 160 from 60. Also, driver error would be less of a factor during this slightly greater speed range.

Another thing to consider are the atmospheric conditions each individual car is running in. A car running during a cool evening at sea level in an oxygen rich location will have a definite advantage over a car running in the heat, with low humidity at high altitudes

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Cerberus; 04-07-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:37 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by phillym5
I too love this test.
The only time I did this test in my M5..it did it in 7 seconds flat. 85 degrees outside, and 90 % humidity.

Craig...please, tell us your time. I can't wait to hear your time or BuddyG's time........yeah Buddy, I haven't forgot about my Gtech.........maybe this year I can get it back!
Last time I called you were out of the Country! Call me!