996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just installed the Milltek Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 12:51 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Just installed the Milltek Exhaust

I recently bought a lo mile used Milltek from fellow 6 speeder (thanks Eric)
I love the sound. At idle its louder than stock and at WOT it sounds great. It is louder than the TUV Cargraphics but not as loud as the export. It does have a very small tad of resonance at 2200 in 6th. But I like it. almost every other exhaust had unbearable resonance except the quiet CG. And I don`t know if it is directly related but I am now seeing .8 boost on my stock K 16`s! The install was very easy and it is a very well made piece. It has 100 cell cats and the off the gas burbles are cool. The only time you get attention is at WOT. To me it seems the power comes on sooner but don`t know for sure. Dyno tests say 20-50 HP/Tor, depending on mods----I have to ge Stage 11

Old 04-05-2006, 01:05 PM
BiggerApe is infamous around these parts
congrats! how 'bout a sound or video clip?

Old 04-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Livo69 is infamous around these parts
I had the Milltek installed a 2 months ago but havent really driven my car since then. I agree, at idle it is a tad louder. and as you accelerate, the sound gets really good.

They (our sponsor) claim no resonance with this exhaust. I disagree, there is some slight resonance with this exhaust; however, it is not bad or unbearable .

Overall oppinion of the exhaust, I'm not sure yet. I will have a better feedback post in the spring when i start really playing with the car.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:14 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
You know it is strange but EVOMS does not have a clip on their website. I originally heard this exhaust at a PCA DE at infineon, and loved it. The Fabspeed exhaust gave me a headache and the motor wasn`t even running! My suggestion is to hear as many exhausts as you can. The only one I have not heard is the EP loud.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:26 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Good choice Mike....I agree with everything you have said.

If you ever mod your car to a GT640 or GT700 watch out as it gets very very loud under WOT, anybody behind would be shocked as to how loud it is, the rest of the time (normal driving) it's fine.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:27 PM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
As I type this....

My '03 Cobalt Blue TT is having the Milltek exhaust fitted along with new twin tips, 100 cell cats, headers, DV's, PSS9's, stage 1 clutch and GIAC flash - basically a stage II tune but without the V Flow air box - the jury is still out on that mod due to questions about the MAF.

I'll post video and sound clips when it's all done.

Having the work done at All German Auto in Escondido.

Old 04-05-2006, 03:37 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikerosi
You know it is strange but EVOMS does not have a clip on their website. I originally heard this exhaust at a PCA DE at infineon, and loved it. The Fabspeed exhaust gave me a headache and the motor wasn`t even running! My suggestion is to hear as many exhausts as you can. The only one I have not heard is the EP loud.
Good stuff.. now go get flashed

Old 04-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
Good stuff.. now go get flashed
Hi Alex~~~~~~~I still don`t have that X73 suspension. I called James this morning to reschedule WHEN I get these in my possession. How long does it take from Florida for crying out loud!! Anyway I hope I did not mess up your schedule.....Mike

Old 04-05-2006, 06:19 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mikerosi
Hi Alex~~~~~~~I still don`t have that X73 suspension. I called James this morning to reschedule WHEN I get these in my possession. How long does it take from Florida for crying out loud!! Anyway I hope I did not mess up your schedule.....Mike
Heya Mike

No worries man we'll get you in when you get your suspension in And the Flash well... that takes NO TIME

Old 04-05-2006, 09:50 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Be forwarned that when you show up at

Sharkwerks, if Alex is wearing his raincoat, he'll try to flash you

Old 04-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
Sharkwerks, if Alex is wearing his raincoat, he'll try to flash you
Well it IS raining!

Old 04-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Tell me more!!! I just bought one but have gotten it installed yet. Sound clip please

Old 04-06-2006, 03:17 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Congrats on your new raincoat. I'm sure Alex would be happy to share his technique. The sound of the flash isn't really that impressive; it's just, well, one minute Alex is standing there with his raincoat on and the next minute you realize he doesn't have anything on under it. Of course there was the sound of me laughing uncontrollably as James looked on in chagrin. But that was about it. Let me know if you have any further questions.