996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Who has straight exhaust pipes w/o cats on their car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:50 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thebk
OH great...more decisions to make haha. Has the carbon build up damaged the paint on the rear bumper at all? I am thinking of a white tt, so thought it might be better to go with some form of a cat. Also how bad is the smell with the cat-bypass?
Umm, well when i bought my car it had the carbon build up on it, i have then gotten it all off and paint still looks new, it builds up gradually now but easy to get rid of if you take care of it. I heard from my mechainic its also because of my tuning (running a bit rich) and the reason why im backfiring and shooting flames

Old 04-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jags911tt
I was just looking at FVD website and the race pipes are ideal BUT they say you need FVD ecu programming to avoid CELs. How is this possible for someone who has a gt700 car, because I aleady have giac software?
I am wondering the same thing. GIAC is known as one of the top software companies, so if FVD can do it, one would think that GIAC could do it as well.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:31 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
I have pics and videos of both our (FVD) catless exhaust system and race pipes... I will post them up when I get a chance..

Originally Posted by Porscheboy16
I am wondering the same thing. GIAC is known as one of the top software companies, so if FVD can do it, one would think that GIAC could do it as well.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Banned
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
How much extra HP would not having cats (i.e. straight racing pipes) be compared to having 100 cell cats?

Also, does deleting the cats make the car run more rich than it would otherwise?

Last edited by USCTrojanMan29; 04-11-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:40 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
illM3 do it!!

Old 04-12-2006, 12:17 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
illM3 do it!!
Next on my list along with alot of other stuff

Old 04-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29
How much extra HP would not having cats (i.e. straight racing pipes) be compared to having 100 cell cats?

Also, does deleting the cats make the car run more rich than it would otherwise?
Martin, no one answered your ? so i will lol! Well it will give you some increased power (hp and torque) how much? Not like 20 or 30, and i dont think people even do straight pipes for the horsepower per se.

It will give you much better throttle response and turbo spool up, meaning boost will come on quicker and harder , that's what will be really noticeable.

As for running more rich with no cats, i would suppose a little bit, but that's why there's tuning for a no cat setup so it runs at optimal conditions.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:30 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Martin, no one answered your ? so i will lol! Well it will give you some increased power (hp and torque) how much? Not like 20 or 30, and i dont think people even do straight pipes for the horsepower per se.

It will give you much better throttle response and turbo spool up, meaning boost will come on quicker and harder , that's what will be really noticeable.

As for running more rich with no cats, i would suppose a little bit, but that's why there's tuning for a no cat setup so it runs at optimal conditions.
Got that all right I agree. turbos spool MUCH faster and car seems to accelerate better, of course the LWFW doesn't hurt either!

Old 04-13-2006, 12:53 AM
Got that all right I agree. turbos spool MUCH faster and car seems to accelerate better, of course the LWFW doesn't hurt either!
Yes sir, so how about some video's of your car in action

Martin

Old 04-13-2006, 01:31 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29

Minimal if any... 100 cel cats are RACE cats...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Martin sent some to ya!!

Old 04-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Martin sent some to ya!!
VIDEOS?!?!

Old 04-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
HI Marksi

Marksi's photograph below is of the Fabspeed Motorsport sport cats OR catbypass pipes with our muffler bypass pipes that are DESIGNED to EITHER allow stock 996TT tips to be slide on OR you can have straight angle cut pipes like a Porsche 935.

Fabspeed was the 1st company to offer muffler bypass pipes/ straight pipes and catbypass pipes for the 996TT cars. Fabspeed Motorsports 996TT exhaust systems were the 1st systems to be MODULAR so any tuner or customer can easily SWAP out in minutes the rear muffler section for a louder or more moderate sport exhaust and or go with a race exhaust with MAXIMUM power for the track. Essentially there are 4 different simple variations from street to all out racing so you the car enthusiast can have the luxury of 4 choices versus the typical "fully welded systems' that are offered by other exhaust manufacturers that therefore ONLY offer one sound level and no choices for additional power, weght savings and sound level variation.

Operationally, all one has to do is open a V BAND clamp with 1 nut/bolt (MIL SPEC AIRCRAFT grade parts) and in minutes you can change the exhaust in terms of loudness moderate sound to 100% open race exhaust and loses seriuos weight for competition .

Fabspeed Motorsports systems have WON the TUNERS shoot-outs in LAS VEGAS and have been proven to make more significant power than all other 996TT performance exhaust systems ever tested anywhere.

04-09-2006, 10:24 AM
MARKSKI vbmenu_register("postmenu_561887", true);

This is what I used....

03' Ducati 999

"You have an affair with an Italian(car).. but marry a German".

If you want our race cats and straight pipes for your 996TT car and or catbypass pipes just give us a call. For the cata bypass pipes we JUST leave the CORE out of the center pipes and you still have Oxygen sensors bungs to hook up.

Sharky and Todd at EVO all made over 800 to +1000HP with our systems. Video links and hilariuos stuff on our webpages!!!!!!

Have a great day
Joe Fabiani Fabspeed Motorsports
215-646-4945 (9828fax)

Old 04-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Martin, meet me at the track and you can drive the thing!! videos! I can barely turn on this damn laptop!!! LOL tom

Old 04-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Schuepbach is infamous around these parts
we had this on one car at RUF last summer. It sounded alright, it was very loud, and the turbo's sounded like screwdrivers. Nonetheless it shot massive flames on the dyno

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who has straight exhaust pipes w/o cats on their car?