996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Who has straight exhaust pipes w/o cats on their car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 09:02 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Tom you dont find it toooooo loud to drive around the street with? I guess i ust feel i couldnt take a late night drive without waking every person up in a town LOL, or attracting cops at night, and i feel everyones like eww that porsche sounds obnoxiously loud, but damm i loved it when my friend drove it, and i actually got to hear what it sounded like from the outside

Old 04-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Banned
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tom kerr
One other benefit is that it keeps the cabin conversation to a minimum
Great mod for an annoying GF or wife...

Old 04-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Tom you dont find it toooooo loud to drive around the street with? I guess i ust feel i couldnt take a late night drive without waking every person up in a town LOL, or attracting cops at night, and i feel everyones like eww that porsche sounds obnoxiously loud, but damm i loved it when my friend drove it, and i actually got to hear what it sounded like from the outside
Sounds like you enjoy the sound, keep it on the car. How have the race pipes changed the performance of the car? The car that I bought already came with a Cargraphic Export exhaust which is loud so I'm sure going to the race pipes cant be that much louder. The other benefit is that you drop about 30-40lbs off the car goin with the str8 pipes besides raising the dead...

Old 04-24-2006, 10:09 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29
Sounds like you enjoy the sound, keep it on the car. How have the race pipes changed the performance of the car? The car that I bought already came with a Cargraphic Export exhaust which is loud so I'm sure going to the race pipes cant be that much louder. The other benefit is that you drop about 30-40lbs off the car goin with the str8 pipes besides raising the dead...
Listen man, i also had a pretty loud exhaust with no cats and its like 4x amplified now

Its loud man, hmm, do it! You can always take them off Also throttle response is MUCH better (turbo spool up) holds boost longer and is pulling steady 1.0!

Old 04-25-2006, 09:18 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
IMHO the car is lighter with no muffler, sounds like a GT3 cup car at the track. Best hp bang for exhaust buck. Turbos spool faster......ok to me a no brainer. DONT CARE IF THE CAR IS LOUD I LIKE IT THAT WAY!!! the noise is controllable. In neutral a nice rumble not too loud and no cop would say anything about the noise at idle (especially if a Harley just rode by....two on my street). I slow acceleration with shifts at 3k you can easily get out of the neighborhood without the deed restriction ****'s fining you. At the track ..... AWESOME. Oh yea the drone.....already told you what thats good for!! and I love the sound of the car.....it is not a drone but the way the engine sounds.... ah the turbo spool, pop off valves, Light weight fly wheel chatter......damn I love this car!!!!!!

Old 04-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
IMHO the car is lighter with no muffler, sounds like a GT3 cup car at the track. Best bang for the exhaust buck. Turbos spool faster......ok to me a no brained. I DONT CARE IF THE CAR IS LOUD I LIKE IT THAT WAY!!! the noise is controllable. In neutral a nice rumble not too loud and no cop would say anything about the noise at idle (especially if a Harley just rode by....two on my street). I slow acceleration with shifts at 3k you can easily get out of the neighborhood without the deed restriction ****'s fining you. At the track ..... AWESOME. Oh yea the drone.....already told you what thats good for!! and I love the sound of the car.....it is not a drone but the way the engine sounds.... ah the turbo spool, pop off valves, Light weight fly wheel chatter......damn I love this car!!!!!!
hahah, yea honestly today drove it a round since friday, and i LOVED IT.. People dont even realize its so loud anymore, and when they do they're like, AWESOME FUKIN CAR MAN

Yea then i ran into a few bike's and they were in awe because we were all hitting it and my car wa slouder then their bikes, then spitting flames out at them, it was . Car is so cool, love it. But it seems much louder and not even as quick as it was before, but its most def. in my head

Old 04-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Banned
Uh oh, I just hit the purchase button on the FVD race pipes...

Old 04-25-2006, 09:50 PM
Uh oh, I just hit the purchase button on the FVD race pipes...
LOL, i'll trade you my FVD exhaust then for your loud exhaust incase i cant handle them anymore

Old 04-26-2006, 03:18 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
You guys are killing me!!!

Old 04-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Banned
Is it pretty straight forward to remove the exhaust and install the racing pipes using floor jacks?

Old 04-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Is it pretty straight forward to remove the exhaust and install the racing pipes using floor jacks?
Yes sir, you might need some new bolts because the originals are rusted!

Old 04-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Schuepbach
we had this on one car at RUF last summer. It sounded alright, it was very loud, and the turbo's sounded like screwdrivers. Nonetheless it shot massive flames on the dyno

The first though for a exhaust when i was digging a setup for the 996TT/GT2 was something like this. Straight 2,5" pipe from the turbos welded from the other side with the stock pipes. A custom setup should cost in my country around $100. With race cats (german race cats-100 cpsi-cost $195 each) you would spent around $500 with the custom setup.

Can someone tell me the noise diff between this system with and without race cats? Will this system wear quicker the turbos and engine?

Old 11-13-2006, 02:21 AM
GT3RennSport is infamous around these parts
Is there any differance soundwise between 100 cell cats and straight pipes and straight pipes all the way?.
I have heard straight pipes without cats in person, and it sounds great.
I wonder if the cats will reduce the soundlevel?.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:14 AM
GT2Sweden is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Yes sir, you might need some new bolts because the originals are rusted!

Do you still have your staight pipes or did you sold them to SWEDEN??

Old 11-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by GT2Sweden
Do you still have your staight pipes or did you sold them to SWEDEN??
LOL my pipes are on your car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who has straight exhaust pipes w/o cats on their car?