996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Who has straight exhaust pipes w/o cats on their car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 03:31 PM
GT2Sweden is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
LOL my pipes are on your car
Yes I have them now I bought the pipes from SMR
I like them so much but the cops hates me more and more

Old 11-13-2006, 03:45 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT2Sweden
Yes I have them now I bought the pipes from SMR
I like them so much but the cops hates me more and more

Old 11-13-2006, 05:26 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I converted my fabspeed 100 cell cats and straight pipe to the FVD straight pipe sans cats. My main reason was that I just didnt need the cats and they are soo damn heavy (LOL). I have the REVO soft ware for this so no CEL's.
The car sounds just about the same to me either way. It "seems" to spool faster and pull harder?!
I took several runs zero to about 140-150mph red line all the way with the REVO lap top pluged in. My dealer and "the Man" at REVO George reviewed all the uploaded data to make sure the timing, A/F mixture, boost, and a million other data points were analyzed. Car looked "perfect".
Must admit that was with going from the 5 bar FPR BACK to the stock unit (had trouble with the 5 bar for some reason).
Bottom line for the car at this point is REVO stage 2, X-50, and straight pipes, and runs like a beast.
In process of moton suspension upgrade!!! Cause having trouble keeping this thing on the track at this point!!

Last edited by tom kerr; 11-15-2006 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:44 PM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
Sounds like a nice beast Tom! I love your avatar - everytime I see it I drool!

Old 11-15-2006, 08:45 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mkell
So does anyone have a video of what straight pipes (no cats) sound like?
Listen, w/e you hear on the internet multiply it x10 and with the effect of it drumming in your ear and bouncing off everything outside. I thought it sounded amazing, that was, until i fired it up and drove around with them on!

Old 11-15-2006, 08:58 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
thanks mK.

ill its not that bad!!!!!!!!!!! I must admit I love the sound, at idle, and at WOT, just seems like the way a car this powerful should sound like!

It really doesnt seem too loud to me. I can have conversations in the cabin, listen to the radio etc.

I think you guys are making too big a deal out of the sound. I wonder what the actual decibel level is??

To each his own!!

Old 11-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
thanks mK.

ill its not that bad!!!!!!!!!!! I must admit I love the sound, at idle, and at WOT, just seems like the way a car this powerful should sound like!

It really doesnt seem too loud to me. I can have conversations in the cabin, listen to the radio etc.

I think you guys are making too big a deal out of the sound. I wonder what the actual decibel level is??

To each his own!!
Listen Tom, maybe cause i had K16's, maybe because i had straight pipes off the turbos, no cats or seperate cat bypass, these things were OBNOXIOUS, my M3 had straight pipes no cats/resonators back, stripped interior and it was nowhere near as loud as this

Old 11-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Your wish is my command, my Speed Yellow master

From the exhaust shootout, WOT inside car:

Factory 101 dB
Europipe 91 dB
Fabspeed Supersport 104 dB
Fabspeed Muffler Bypass 105 dB

WOT outside car:

Factory 97 dB
Europipe 109 dB
Fabspeed Supersport 110 dB
Fabspeed Muffler Bypass 114 dB

Old 11-15-2006, 11:59 PM
John, rep for you for digging that info up. Now guys if we agree on the above numbers who feels the dB level of FIVE??? The difference between factory and muffler bypass seems not as much as everyone is complaining about???? Or is it just me????
As for loud on the street the muffler bypass is only FOUR???? dB's louder than a sport muffler.
So I think after the intial exaggerated audible shock is over......ill........its really not that bad???
I love it!!!!!! Loud and Proud!!!!!
Damn, does this end the discussion??

Old 11-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
hey Tom,
so what ever happened to your car problem? I recall that it was dying with the pipes on?? we thought it could have been the LWFW?
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-16-2006, 12:01 AM
John, rep for you for digging that info up. Now guys if we agree on the above numbers who feels the dB level of FIVE??? The difference between factory and muffler bypass seems not as much as everyone is complaining about???? Or is it just me????
As for loud on the street the muffler bypass is only FOUR???? dB's louder than a sport muffler.
So I think after the intial exaggerated audible shock is over......ill........its really not that bad???
I love it!!!!!! Loud and Proud!!!!!
Damn, does this end the discussion??
Like i said, maybe with your K24's which flow alot more and your certain pipes it isnt, my FVD's were INSANE, believe me Tom, i dont exaggerate a whole lot

Old 11-16-2006, 07:11 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Ill admit...the straight pipes with stock K16s are REDICULOUSLY loud and drone like hell...BUT...they are the coolest friggin things ever!

The looks I got after popping off a flame or two were PRICELESS!!!

Old 11-16-2006, 08:36 PM
sech you know it!!!!
Martin, I believe ya, didnt get to 13 rep power for nothing!!!

Marski, thanks for asking.....Had about 12 "little" things checked and tightened, my have been some short of throttle body problem and the programing.

All good now, LWFW, REVO stage 2, removed the 5 bar FPR (which was bad),
tightened loose O2 sensors!! Now car runs like a beast (well for a car set up at my level anyway).......so no one thing answer as is the case many a time,
but all good now!!! thanks for all the help and input!! tom

Old 11-16-2006, 08:45 PM
sech you know it!!!!
Martin, I believe ya, didnt get to 13 rep power for nothing!!!

Marski, thanks for asking.....Had about 12 "little" things checked and tightened, my have been some short of throttle body problem and the programing.

All good now, LWFW, REVO stage 2, removed the 5 bar FPR (which was bad),
tightened loose O2 sensors!! Now car runs like a beast (well for a car set up at my level anyway).......so no one thing answer as is the case many a time,
but all good now!!! thanks for all the help and input!! tom
Haha thanks Tom, well lets get your rep up too, here ya go +1!!

BTW i always meant to PM you about your car to see what the final outcome was, so it was the 5bar?? Crazy!