996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Who has straight exhaust pipes w/o cats on their car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Banned
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Question Who has straight exhaust pipes w/o cats on their car?

I wanted to know how many of you guys had straight exhaust pipes w/o cats on your cars? Is there a manufacturer that sells something like this or was it custom fabricated? What kinda of HP gains can one expect with these straight pipes on K16 turbos stage 2? I know all about the stink factor as I was running with no cats on my Supra TT, but how loud will running straight pipes be on the 996tt?

Old 04-08-2006, 07:42 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Martin my man, already modding haha!

Well soon i am also going with straight pipes and i have no cats, so i will send you a soundclip depending on when you do it.

FVD makes muffler/cat replacement straight pipes that bolt straight up to the turbo. Right now im running Evo exhaust with cat bypass pipes, the car makes shotgun backfires and spits flames at throttle let off in any gear and shifts, it sounds insane at WOT but pretty calm on the inside cruising around,s ome say perfect setup? Maybe, but not loud enough for me plus i want to sqeeuze everything out of these K16's

Fabspeed makes the muffler bypass pipes which i will be adding ont o my car, it should free up some nice power and quick spool up and throttle response. Right now i can hardly hear my turbo's when revving or cruising, SO therefore i know with evo v flow and straight pipes it should open her up ALOT.

Bajo (BBGT2) still hasent gotten me his straight pipe videos LOL, all good though. I will send them to you when i get it, if he dioesnt come across this and post it up. BTW i dont think the straight pipes should be terribly loud, people say it is but depends on the person honestly, my M3 was like an f1/racecar driving around especially stripped, smell/noise got to me sometimes, this should be much quieter so i'll be happy, not my DD either

Martin

Old 04-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
This is what you want:

No cats, Burns Stainless straight through racing mufflers. Fast Intentions in Northridge, California.

Craig

Old 04-08-2006, 08:10 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
This is what you want:

No cats, Burns Stainless straight through racing mufflers. Fast Intentions in Northridge, California.

Craig
Craig i need a video or sound clip of that thing NOW haha, im interested in running that!

BTW have you ever heard of exhaust cutouts/dumppipes? Basically a butteryfly valve/flange that dumps straight out fro the turbo's with the flick of a switch, you can position the flap at w/e point you like, making it stock sounding for around town and a insane sounding/performing turbo for when you want itall the way open? My shop who primarily deals with porsche's, gt3 cupcars and so on has done it on a few cars and recommended it!

Old 04-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
iLLM3, that's going to be quite sick setup Vids would be great...

Originally Posted by iLLM3
Fabspeed makes the muffler bypass pipes which i will be adding ont o my car, it should free up some nice power and quick spool up and throttle response. Right now i can hardly hear my turbo's when revving or cruising, SO therefore i know with evo v flow and straight pipes it should open her up ALOT.
Too bad you can't buy Fabspeed's muffler bypass pipes without their whole system, at least I couldn't a couple of weeks ago. Custom might be the way to go...

Old 04-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Kaizu
iLLM3, that's going to be quite sick setup Vids would be great...

Too bad you can't buy Fabspeed's muffler bypass pipes without their whole system, at least I couldn't a couple of weeks ago. Custom might be the way to go...
Yea man im going to try out! I just hope it continues to backfire and spit flames, so crazy out of a porsche

And fabspeed is bs'n, on their site it says 450 for muffler bypass pipes alone! Its an oxymoron to be sold with their exhaust, because straight pipes replcae their exhaust system

Old 04-08-2006, 09:01 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Martin my man, already modding haha!

Well soon i am also going with straight pipes and i have no cats, so i will send you a soundclip depending on when you do it.

FVD makes muffler/cat replacement straight pipes that bolt straight up to the turbo. Right now im running Evo exhaust with cat bypass pipes, the car makes shotgun backfires and spits flames at throttle let off in any gear and shifts, it sounds insane at WOT but pretty calm on the inside cruising around,s ome say perfect setup? Maybe, but not loud enough for me plus i want to sqeeuze everything out of these K16's

Bajo (BBGT2) still hasent gotten me his straight pipe videos LOL, all good though. I will send them to you when i get it, if he dioesnt come across this and post it up. BTW i dont think the straight pipes should be terribly loud, people say it is but depends on the person honestly, my M3 was like an f1/racecar driving around especially stripped, smell/noise got to me sometimes, this should be much quieter so i'll be happy, not my DD either

Martin

Yes sir Martin I sure will get you the video's of my car, as soon as its back together. Honestly though the straight pipes arent that loud you do get used to them.
You will hear the turbos ALOT accel. and deaccel.
I got mine from FVD as you can use your tips because with the Fabspeed they are ugly with a straight pipe coming out.
A good custom shop should be able to make them for you for a reasonable price.
Trust me straight pipes is the way to go.

Bajo

Old 04-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Does the FVD system throw any check engine lights? Does software solve these?

Old 04-09-2006, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by BBGT2

Yes sir Martin I sure will get you the video's of my car, as soon as its back together. Honestly though the straight pipes arent that loud you do get used to them.
You will hear the turbos ALOT accel. and deaccel.
I got mine from FVD as you can use your tips because with the Fabspeed they are ugly with a straight pipe coming out.
A good custom shop should be able to make them for you for a reasonable price.
Trust me straight pipes is the way to go.

Bajo
LOL Bajo just kidding man, but yea i would love to hear it anyway. The fabspeed allows you to use stock tips, or at least that's what they say, well im going to do it, hopefully i'll be in love with the sound and added power, although i think that's a longshot

Old 04-09-2006, 04:24 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
This is what I used....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
This is what I used....
What mine will look like, damm i want those tips

Old 04-09-2006, 10:38 AM
thebk is infamous around these parts
Havent bought a tt, but i am already buying mods haha. I definitely want a loud and exotic sounding exhaust, but dont want resonance that is going to be annoying. Someone local is selling their fvd racing exhaust sytem with headers, but I was wondering how that would compare with straight pipes? Its tough when you can't hear all these setups in person!

Old 04-09-2006, 12:59 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Are we talking about a pipe from the turbos without a cat? If so where would you install the 4 O2 sensors? And without the cat would you not get CEL and rich conditions?

TIA

Jags

Old 04-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Kinesis 996 is infamous around these parts
Isn't the picture above is straight pipe with cats? I thought straight pipe is a pipe that runs from the turbo straight out to the exhaust without cats???

Old 04-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Kinesis 996
Isn't the picture above is straight pipe with cats? I thought straight pipe is a pipe that runs from the turbo straight out to the exhaust without cats???
There arew 2 diff types.. They make muffler bypass pipes (straight pipe) replacing muffler connecting to the cat OR the bypass cat pipe, which is like bolting 2 straight pipes together basically, FVD makes one large one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who has straight exhaust pipes w/o cats on their car?