996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Weak link surfaced, Boast hose connection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by deputydog95
GaryFL has the same mods as your Rave, including the waste gate springs. He also has the Evo hoses. He never had a hose pop off until he added the Evo hoses.

He has had two different people install them with the same results. Hoses popping off. Not sure if he got a bad silicone hose kit or what. I think he is planning on going back to stock hoses until they can get this figured out.

Now who wants to play monster rain?
Someone else mentioned Gary's situation to me as well, you think it maybe installer error?

Old 04-10-2006, 04:49 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rave TT
Does the EVOMS hose use a better connection? The hose seems ok, it's the connection that is the problem on my car.
Rave,

Those Porsche connections are not made to be taken apart more than a few times.

Old 04-10-2006, 04:52 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
That is very odd indeed Once they go in properly... (it does take some heaving to get them to go in first time), they stay in. You can hang like a monkey from them and they'll never come out. You can boost crazy levels on big HP kits and they still don't come out. The stock ones enjoy slipping out at anything around 1.1-1.2 bar. And above that.. forget it

sharkster,

He didn't say anything about being installed properly. Sounds like carbon fiber intakes. Don't ever want to address the installation.

Old 04-10-2006, 04:55 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
If I may mention Gary, (as I know both the guys that put his hoses on), the hose was in fact defective, FWIW, dont believe either was an installation error as I know and trust both of these local guys with my car.
As for the hose kit. I got it as a prevention due to posts like this one and due to me traveling hundreds of miles to track events.
Yes they are expensive (over $1000) but the security that they add is priceless and well worth it.

Last edited by tom kerr; 04-10-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:01 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I was there while Gary's hoses were being installed, although they looked fine, they were not going on (top intercooler ones). The bottom hoses went on just fine (and "clicked" in). He keept the stock hoses up top. He ended up popping one of the bottom EVO hoses last week. Like Tom said, these hoses are strickly preventative and not an hp upgrade. The installer has done these hoses on many Turbos before.

Old 04-10-2006, 05:03 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
That is very odd indeed Once they go in properly... (it does take some heaving to get them to go in first time), they stay in. You can hang like a monkey from them and they'll never come out. You can boost crazy levels on big HP kits and they still don't come out. The stock ones enjoy slipping out at anything around 1.1-1.2 bar. And above that.. forget it
What's up with you hanging from the bottom of your customer's cars like a GO-rilla? I still remember you doing pull ups from somebody's headers

Old 04-10-2006, 05:08 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
If I may mention Gary, (as I know both the guys that put his hoses on), the hose was in fact defective, FWIW, dont believe either was an installation error as I know and trust both of these local guys with my car.
As for the hose kit. I got it as a prevention due to posts like this one and due to me traveling hundreds of miles to track events.
Yes they are expensive (over $1000) but the security that they add is priceless and well worth it.
Hey Tom. It's not that they're defective, they just don't fit. If they were defective Evo would have sent more hoses. From what Gary told me, nobody really seems to know why they won't fit his car properly.

As far as installer error, not likely. Both those guys have worked on my car and they're competent. The first guy put them on, one blew off. The second guy put them on, then the hose blew again. Gary told me that he got some sort of explanation that there are small variances of fit from car to car due the porsche manufacturing process. Like I said, I think he's going back to stock, at least on the ones that are blowing.

Old 04-10-2006, 05:09 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
What's up with you hanging from the bottom of your customer's cars like a GO-rilla? I still remember you doing pull ups from somebody's headers
I love to monkey-about I've done pull ups from hoses, headers, sway bars, drop links and even fuel lines. Just testing!

Old 04-10-2006, 05:40 PM
tme
tme is infamous around these parts
I've had em for 3+ months and they are an improvement over stock, not quite as big a difference in quality as the diverters but still a big step up.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:24 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
alex need that extra 10 hp that your carbon will give are you outa shirts yet?? how much hp can i expect from the radio bezel ?

Old 04-10-2006, 07:41 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
A lot of power steve!!