996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Chicago Meet Video: Vik, LSM, Colorchange

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 01:45 AM
Banned
MTBR is infamous around these parts
Chicago Meet Video: Vik, LSM, Colorchange

Here you go guys...

Right Click and select Save Target As
Do not stream.

46.7MB

Chicago Meet

Old 12-17-2003, 06:52 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the hosting Dan. Nice video job Vikdiddy!

If you want to hear my car, this does a pretty good job.

Old 12-17-2003, 08:56 AM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
Big thanks to dan for hosting the video!!!! And thanks to all who contributed to the video.

You will need the Divx codec to view this video cause it is High Res. If it is not playing for you go to www.divx.com and download their codec. You should already have this since many videos require it.

Also, give me feedback on this video since it is my first. Enjoy!

Last edited by Vik; 12-17-2003 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:06 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome Dan thanks for sharing - Hopefully you will make it out with me for the huge national meet we are going to plan in chicago in May

Old 12-17-2003, 02:50 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Very nice!

Lou, what % tint do you have on your car?

Old 12-17-2003, 06:07 PM
flatsixnut is infamous around these parts
Nice.

All these first time movie makers are doing a great job here lately.
Pictures cant tell the same story that video can, nice job, and thanks for sharing.

Glad I live in Florida where you dont have to "warm" up tires to often.

Old 12-18-2003, 08:21 PM
Vik
Originally posted by flatsixnut
Nice.

All these first time movie makers are doing a great job here lately.
Pictures cant tell the same story that video can, nice job, and thanks for sharing.

Glad I live in Florida where you dont have to "warm" up tires to often.
Thanks. Hope you guys liked the small amount of footage we shot. The drive itself was about 10 minutes so there wasnt much to work with.

Old 12-19-2003, 04:39 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by mehrabani1
Very nice!

Lou, what % tint do you have on your car?
It's 20% 3M Panther tint all around. It actually looks a little lighter in the pics than it actually is.

Lou

Old 12-19-2003, 04:48 PM
I don't know Lou, your tint was way dark (great looking on black tt). No way near legal is it? Sharky would love the ghetto factor.

Old 12-19-2003, 06:08 PM
Vik
Originally posted by ColorChange
I don't know Lou, your tint was way dark (great looking on black tt). No way near legal is it? Sharky would love the ghetto factor.
Tints are not allowed in the front windows of any car in illinois. damn their stupid laws (front plate mandatory too)

Old 12-26-2003, 10:25 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by ColorChange
Tim,

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been way busy. My tint is definately not legal. That said, most of my driving is in the city. The police have never bothered me. With all the activity in the city, the police seem to keep themselves occupied with other things As far as the darkness of the tint, for me at least, a car never quite looks as good unless the windows are tinted. My friend I was telling you about with the E55, had a problem with the electronics of his front window and his windows could not be tinted for like 3 weeks. The car, as good as it looks imo, still reminded me of the regular E class. He just tinted the windows and it really transformed the car. It looks "mean" as hell now. I will try to post pics of his car and my car so you could see. I will also try and post a car without tinted windows as well so you can see what I mean. BTW, still haven't stored my car! I am stuck because I know Joe Perillo Jr very well, he is a good friend. He will sell me a 2002 745i for like $50k, which is $500 over wholesale price. As I said, I have been trying to get a CL as a 2nd car through a wholesaler I know, but no luck. I just can't pull the trigger on that 745, it's so ugly imho! Take care, hope your family and you had a great holiday.

Lou

Old 12-26-2003, 10:27 AM
LSM
Originally posted by VikDiddy
Tints are not allowed in the front windows of any car in illinois. damn their stupid laws (front plate mandatory too)
Yeah, I don't have a front plate either as you know They do not bother me with that either. I do not park on the street, so not really a problem. The parking natzies give tickets for no front plate when parked on the street.

Lou

Old 12-26-2003, 02:54 PM
Thanks Lou:

Boy, that's one nice price for a 745 but, I really don't like them either. Now, would I be happy beating the hell out of it and selling it in a few years to get what you want ... maybe. But then again, I would really wait for something I really liked ot drive. If it wouldn't bother you, pull the trigger on the BMW.