996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

fabspeed supersport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:12 AM
EXPLICIT is infamous around these parts
fabspeed supersport

Who's using/used one and is it bearable. Im not afraid of a loud exhaust as the porsche is a weekend toy but is it that extreme i cant hold a conversation or is the drone so bad you get a headache after an hour driving.

I'd use the search function but its doesnt.

Your 'experiences' would be appreciated.

Jme

Last edited by EXPLICIT; 04-19-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
i had this exact one... the race(loud) version.... nice and deep sound...
I know some guys will be partial to the resonance... but in my opinion, u dont get a sport car like a p car, put 200 extra Hp in it.... and have it quiet...
I have my Benz for that... LOL
for the money its the best and least restrictive unit... unless u want to do streight pipes... or a custom set up like Craig's....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-19-2006, 07:00 AM
mklock is infamous around these parts
I suggest a large bottle of aspirin and a good set of earplugs if you decide on the loud version.

Last edited by mklock; 04-19-2006 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:14 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
It depends on what you are use to. It is loud. No question about it but for a weekend car it rocks!

Old 04-19-2006, 09:00 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
You need to hear it for yourself. To me it's not that loud. I thought the 996tt sounded like a honda when I got it stock. I've heard them all, and I still think the fabspeed sounds the best, but it's all subjective.

Old 04-19-2006, 10:32 AM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
when i first bought my car w/ it on, i was like WTF?!?!?!

when i drove the car that weekend from LA to SF, i had a horrible headache for 2 days, ears ringing, the whole 9...

if you're standing outside of the car, it's hard to have a conversation.

but i've come to love it, even the drone, and i wouldn't trade it for anything now.

- chuck

Old 04-19-2006, 11:24 AM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
It's loud, and cell phone conversations inside can be difficult, but you gotta love it!

Old 04-19-2006, 06:33 PM
tthoang1 is infamous around these parts
Yea, I'm running the supersport on my car`

I'm running the Fabspeed supersport exhaust & 100 cell cats on my TT and it's a love hate relationship. The sound is all business and I think it's one of the least restrictive exhausts out there. I have the GIAC stage 2 flash and the exhaust is a perfect complement. IMHO, the resonance does bother me, but it doesn't effect my wife. So the drone could be subjective. I'm reluctant to give it up because I love all that power. But hey, if someone wants to sell me their exhaust that has the same performance, I'm all ears. In the meantime, I'm wearing my $2 earplugs on those long drives.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:15 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Great story

Old 04-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Bob M is infamous around these parts
I have this exhaust system but haven't had it on the car much in the past two years. I have been running the straight pipes instead! If you want a system that allows for easy cell phone conversations you won't like the Fabspeed. But in my car, the motor is noticeably happier with this set up. With the straight pipes, it seems to breathe/spin up easier and in my opinion, it sounds great!

Old 04-19-2006, 10:50 PM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
Nice! I think straight pipes might be next for me

Old 04-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Westwood is infamous around these parts
I just removed the Super Sport from my car. It definitely has an "all business" sound but my wife was partial to a quieter environment. If you are interested pm me.

Roger

Old 04-20-2006, 11:46 AM
AIRjordan23 is infamous around these parts
been driving with the fabspeed loud for say 1000 miles now...purchased it used...
i drive my car at least once a day. sometimes for 10 minutes..sometimes for 2 hours...
i love the sound....
the only time the exhaust was annoying and too loud for me was when i was driving at 2 am on the highway, being extremely tired. It was very obnoxious.

aside from that, with the windows down, here in miami, the exhaust sounds amazing. I let a few freinds drive the car, so i can hear how it sounds from the outside. It simply sounds amazing. Just like the car should sound. Stock the car is just too quiet. From the inside, as a driver/passenger it sounds great too. Yes it is loud, but still sounds like the car should sound. At WOT it sounds the best.

One thing, deccelerating from say 3k to 2k rpm thier is resonance...

In terms of having conversations in the car, not a problem at all. i usually drive around with music playing, and the exhaust doesnt bother me at all...

i would not recommend the fabspeed loud if you take your car for very long drives on a daily basis and if you dont listen to music. With music playing i rarely even feel the exhaust...

Last edited by AIRjordan23; 04-20-2006 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:28 PM
joshp996tt is infamous around these parts
Exhaust.

I personally have race headers and straight pipes from the turbos. I have by passed the cats and the exhaust. It's sounds like a cup car on the grid and is really really powerful. But I only drive it 3 days a week max. Otherwise I couldn't stand it. They're right you don't get much power without adding noise. Honestly I would go with a cargraphic race exhaust with cat bypass more maximum power and minimum resonance. Go to their website cargraphic.com to listen to the last sound clip it is amazing!!!!! Doesn't even sound like a 911tt anymore. I hear that people are really happy with these exhausts, people that put an additional 50k into their 996tt's. Or check out the milltek stuff its quiet and super powerful. Thats what imagine auto likes.

Last edited by joshp996tt; 04-20-2006 at 12:31 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.