996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Week one feedback on Cargraphics loud

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Cepages is infamous around these parts
Week one feedback on Cargraphics loud

exhaust: I do love the sound. It is more like I expected with this car (although I new what I was buying, I was dissapointed with the stock sound). The 2k to 3k resonance bothered me a little as well as the much louder "cold" engine sound. Once it warms up - it mellows to a beautiful growl. WOT is amazing...

Inside the hardtop, the sound allows me to listen to the radio fine. With window(s) open and WOT - forget the radio, it is over-ridden by the exhaust.

I am getting used to the 2k-3k resonance. In fact, this morning, I didn't even notice until I got near work (25 miles). It is not a "headache" kind of resonance, just a slight "might need to chew gum to pop the ears a little" kind of thing.

Power, I can't tell because I upgraded to stage 2 also.

Friends and passengers like it. They say it sounds more "exotic" now. Close friends told me that I should keep it because it sounds "right".

Old 04-21-2006, 12:32 PM
GENERAL LEE is infamous around these parts
It will get cleaner with more miles. I have about 600 miles on mine now and it keeps sounding better and better.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
What?! What did you say??

Old 04-21-2006, 02:18 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Great choice. I love mine!

Old 04-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
I truly hope your experience is different but in the past when I had resonance on after-market exhausts I found it bothered me more and more until ultimately I removed it.......but if you like it that's all that matters.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:26 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
It usally take about a month or so for the resonance to become annoying and intolerable.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Up On 3 Racing is infamous around these parts
Good call, you can't go wrong with Cargraphic.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:30 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I agree with vincent (above) and not in relation to Cargraphic
specifically, but to ANY resonance, it becomes more and more
annoying !!!

Marty K

Old 04-21-2006, 05:41 PM
JohnnyBeatles is infamous around these parts
I'm getting a exaust and my #1 thing is resonance. I do hear that a few give NONE. Europipe, AWE, RUF and a few others. I'm leaning to a Europipe loud, we'll see....
JB

Old 04-21-2006, 06:00 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I dont really get this "resonance" or "droning" stuff? I mean any exhaust that is "louder" than stock of coarse you are going to hear your car drone around 2-3k! So just enjoy it! that's the sound the car makes when it is allowed to.......of coarse I cant really hear too well any more cause I DONT HAVE A MUFFLER

Old 04-21-2006, 07:30 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
Tips are prone to drone but not the my ep2 quiet. You almost get some around 2k but that is being **** about any sound at all. I love mine and it is not annoying at all. Many have told me it sounds great when they follow behind me and let it rip. Good luck.

Old 04-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Cepages is infamous around these parts
Tom Kerr: I agree with "enjoy it." And I have decided, after hearing many others, that an aftermarket exhaust is going to have some "sound" that is not ideal for all circumstances. And I am enjoying it a lot. I am still glad I swapped out the stock....

Old 04-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Dirty Mac is infamous around these parts
My FVD exhaust also resonates between the 2k-3k range. At first it bothered me but now very little. I think I've just naturally started to shift at points where the resonance isn't so bad. Besides, the car really seems to like to stay above 3k anyways.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:04 PM
SDboosted is infamous around these parts
yeah, resonance usually gets worse with time...

on the other hand, loud on day one is soft on day 200.

What did you say??

hehe

Old 04-23-2006, 03:32 AM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
This is one of the best sounding exhausts for this car. I love the cold engine gurgle plus the sound of the turbos spinning at low rpm's is great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Week one feedback on Cargraphics loud