996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Bilstein PSS9 owners: How much stiffer than stock? Install time?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 10:29 AM
cerberusM5 is infamous around these parts
Bilstein PSS9 owners: How much stiffer than stock? Install time?

I am contemplating purchasing the Bilstein PSS9 for my turbo. How much stiffer is the ride versus stock in its softer settings? Is this a good setup for a street car? If not, can you recommend a better package?

The car is primarily used as a daily driver and will see maybe 2 to 3 track events and a couple of autocrosses a year, so track use is definitely minimal. My primary reason for the suspension change is to improve asthetics as well as handling performance, but not sacrifice considerable ride compliance.

Also, how many hours labor are involved for the installation? I have been getting a wide range of estimates.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-19-2003, 11:23 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
This is one of the better street options IMO...I personally prefer the ride now over stock, and being adjustable you you have no worries. Height adjustability is nice too. I use mine as a daily driver (except in the winter) and have had no problems.
There are better suspensions of course but for street you do not need more. Besides, better suspensions begin in the $5K range...
DO a search with "msindi bilstein impressions first"

Old 12-25-2003, 08:40 AM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
I've just got my Ruf PSS9 installed...
the complete installation (that includes removing the orginal ones, installing the new ones, alignment, corner balance...and etc) cost me $400 bucks...
took the tech around 1 day. Dropped the car on monday noon, picked up the car the next day around noon.

If you're in LA area, I got this guy who's is extremely knowledged in stuff that he does. A couple of board members recomended him to me.

The car is for sure nice nice and nice...