996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Where to buy Tequipment rollbar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 01:34 PM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
Where to buy Tequipment rollbar

Who has the best price for the Tequipment roll bar and Harness for the GT3 seats? I heard somewhere along the lines that the harness belts can also come in white??

Old 12-19-2003, 01:52 PM
ebaker is infamous around these parts
There are a couple of roll bars on e bay now.

Old 12-19-2003, 02:44 PM
Chris Y. is infamous around these parts
Try Bob or Mark at Foreign Affairs...They had a very good price on them the last time I checked...just over $800 I believe. But shipping was expensive, so I went with the dassport one. From what I heard, it's a much better bar vs. the techquipment one.

Old 12-19-2003, 03:08 PM
996turbo is infamous around these parts
I just saw one on the classified section...I think $700 with racing belts.

Old 12-19-2003, 03:17 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Got mine from Gert @ Carnewal.com

Old 12-19-2003, 03:37 PM
YSITSMN is infamous around these parts
Will the tequipment bar fit with sport sears or do you have to get the GT3 seats?

Old 12-19-2003, 03:41 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by YSITSMN
Will the tequipment bar fit with sport sears or do you have to get the GT3 seats?
... that depends...

Which Tequipment rollbar? The non braced one will allow pretty much full seat travel.

The braced bar however, limits the rearward travel / recline of the seat. From what I have observed and heard, if you are much over 5'9" you will not be able to move the seat back far enough.

Old 12-19-2003, 03:44 PM
I love Carnewal, but with the exchange rate the way it is now (if you are in the USA), Foreign Affairs has them beat on price by a few hunderd dollars (literally).

Old 12-19-2003, 04:29 PM
YSITSMN is infamous around these parts
Well **** I am about 6'1" I want to buy a roll bar that has the harness bar. Is this not going to happen with my Sport seats? If I can which is the setup to buy??

Old 12-19-2003, 04:37 PM
arrrrgggh!! I hate it when that happens !!!

Perhaps the tequipment braced bar with GT3 seats. The GT3 seats "backs" are much thinner than stock seats and they are fairly upright.
I am very short at 5'-11", so I cannot say how it will work for you, but it seems that FredTTX50 if pretty tall (or he walks around on his tip-toes and look tall) and has that setup.
Maybe ask him how his rig works out.

Old 12-19-2003, 04:45 PM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
I am 6'2" and wonder if this would work for me. I plan on taking my car to the track next year and am going to need a bar regardless of which way I look at this. I will wait on Freds response

Old 12-19-2003, 05:10 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by jcramair1
I am 6'2" and wonder if this would work for me. I plan on taking my car to the track next year and am going to need a bar regardless of which way I look at this. I will wait on Freds response
If you install it yourself, you will find great satisfaction and stronger muscles after the 7-10 hour install process is complete depending upon whether you accept the mission by yourself or have a friend help with the install. I am 6'7" and use the bar with GT3 seats and there is no problem with my head making contact with the bar. The head rest portion of the GT3 seat extends far enough up to prevent my head from ever making contact. Here is my install link to give you a flavor for the install....

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/albuq52

GT3 seat install:
http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/albuq41
Detailed instructions
http://216.7.163.99/~speedon/forums/...&threadid=3478

Old 12-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Rockitman,
I just revisited your install site.
Great info.
Thanks again for putting that together for everyone's benefit.

Old 12-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Chris Y. is infamous around these parts
jcramair1...

If you do plan on doing PCA event, remember the techquipment rollbar will not pass PCA safety inspection...I believe only the dassport one with the PCA feet will do.

Old 12-19-2003, 05:50 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Chris Y.
jcramair1...

If you do plan on doing PCA event, remember the techquipment rollbar will not pass PCA safety inspection...I believe only the dassport one with the PCA feet will do.
I believe Das Sport does'nt cut the mustard either under the new PCA rules...From what I understand, roll bars must be secured by backing plates of a certain thickness at the mounting points, including the necessity to drill holes through the floor board to attach the front legs of the bar through a backing plate...

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this...

see page 19 PCA club race rules

http://www.pca.org/pca/clubrace/docs/pca_rules_2004.pdf

Last edited by rockitman; 12-19-2003 at 06:03 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where to buy Tequipment rollbar