996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Heads Are Ported, Polished and Flowed, and Larger Valves Are In: 324 CFM

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Great chattin' sorry we got cut off I thought I said something unkind lol...

I gotta hear how the tranny stuff comes out
Welcome to my cell phone hell! Good chatting with you . . . as always.

Ill let you know about the tranny as soon as I have more info.

Craig

Old 04-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
Craig, Now that the head is done, and the Transmission is back (did you end up using Renntech afterall?) when do you expect the tuning, etc, to be finished and to have the car back in your hands?
I used 9ff for the transmission work -- they offer far more extensive upgrades.

EVOMS expects to have everything put back together this week. The only variable is the tuning. Given all the new parts, and the increased rev limiter, EVOMS and GIAC have to create a new progam. Garrett is on vacation until late this week. If Garrett and Todd can get the programming worked out by the end of the week (fingers crossed), Ill pick the car up on Sat. Otherwise, I will pick it up next week, as soon as everything is humming perfectly. The programming is critically important and I don't want to rush the masters with this final step. Thus, as much as it pains me, I am trying to be patient (definitely not one of my inherent virtues). Ill keep you posted.

Craig

Last edited by Craig; 04-25-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Craig - you must be getting real excited. It will be an awsome day when you first test drive the car. I believe some time back you said you were rxperimenting with a MAP set up. How are you going to meter air flow?

Old 04-25-2006, 02:40 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Craig
Thus, as much as it pains me, I am trying to be patient (definitely not one of my inherent virtues). Ill keep you posted.
I cant wait to hear your impressions of it..(Im excited and impatient and its not even my car, nor will I ever ride in it. )

Old 04-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Zippy
Craig - you must be getting real excited. It will be an awsome day when you first test drive the car. I believe some time back you said you were rxperimenting with a MAP set up. How are you going to meter air flow?
There is a new MAF (not MAP) in the last stages of development. The MAF is supposed to be finished this week, and I am supposed to have one on my car. Ill keep you posted.

Craig

Old 04-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
If Garrett and Tood can get the programming worked out by the end of the week (fingers crossed), Ill pick the car up on Sat.
Craig
You just delayed production by 1 week.

Old 04-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
You just delayed production by 1 week.
Lol!!! My humblest apologies to Todd!!!

Craig

Old 04-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Craig,
I'm excited to hear about the progress of your car. I hope I can get a ride one day when it's done.

Mark

Old 04-25-2006, 05:55 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Welcome to my cell phone hell! Good chatting with you . . . as always.

Ill let you know about the tranny as soon as I have more info.

Craig
we are the brokeback mountain twins of the 6speed and porsche community

Do let me know man.. For now I'm treading lightly obviously... Due to timing etc.. it didn't work out yet for me but I figured after some feedback from you we could see what's next I have some shows that I absolutely have to get the car too first (I know that's even more gay but still..).

Old 04-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Sideways has a spectacular aura aboutSideways has a spectacular aura about
Flow conversions table, flow at 25 x 1.06 give flow at 28.

Attached Images  
Old 04-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
Craig,
I'm excited to hear about the progress of your car. I hope I can get a ride one day when it's done.

Mark
Thanks Mark!! You can definitely come for a ride.

Craig

Old 04-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
we are the brokeback mountain twins of the 6speed and porsche community

Last edited by Craig; 04-25-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:17 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
On stock cams I believe u will still be under 8k rpms.... CJV, what will u be hitting up on top?
MARKSKI,

The motor is designed for 10,000 rpm's. The most difficult part to make that would survive at these numbers was the buckets (lifters). We intend to set the initial redline at 8600. When I say 8600 I mean we can set it there and run without incident for extended periods.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:21 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sideways
Flow conversions table, flow at 25 x 1.06 give flow at 28.
Sideways,

Thanks for the great piece of information.

Old 04-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
Sideways,

Thanks for the great piece of information.
The conversion tables are in my original post.

Craig

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Heads Are Ported, Polished and Flowed, and Larger Valves Are In: 324 CFM