996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVO GT700 - GT2 10.3 @ 211 KM/HR - Post for Bahrain 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 06:25 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
That would be awesome. I'll PM you my cell number.

Old 05-01-2006, 06:25 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Drag racing is pretty popular here. The stands are nearly always full.
You're more than welcomed to attend not only drag racing, but any track day or event held on the BIC.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:09 AM
kiko is infamous around these parts
Hi:

Slightly O/T but I heard something about reinforced shafts...just to make sure you guys are aware that those are meant as mechanical fuses to avoid transmission failure being a lot cheaper and easier to repair than a tranny. The same happens with other components such as suspension arms which in case of an accident (like running over a curb for instance) acts as a mechanical fuse avoiding some major chassis damage.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:12 AM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
I wish I had a video of some of the drag cars pulling 1.0-1.1 at Jackson SC. It is insane! THese cars don't break driveshats they crack frames! They are also tubbed out with narrowed rear ends and over 30 inch or so slicks screwed to the rims. I learned real fast that many Cobras at the track could eat me off the line and I could better their ET but still cross after them. Launch is key. Bahrain sounds like a cool honest guy and I hope to meet him someday. No doubt his car screams and makes mine look like a fiero on bicycle tires at the track. LOL Can anyone restate the best way to brake boost a tip for launch at the track. How hard to push the brake pedal. Is Ebrake involved? How long is too long ie boiling tranny fluid? how much of a decrease in 60' should be expected as compared to a normal red light gun lauch? Anyone?

Old 05-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bahrain 996TT
they might have an event this wed night @ bic drag strip , i will let you know
we can meet and then take a spin in the two beasts .
I thought you said earlier that the drag strip was closed for the season?

If it is confirmed I might join you then, I can fly in on Wednesday. Divexxtreme, it would be great if you can make it too.

Bahrain996TT, so can we hook up the AX22 to get the logs and see whether there were any timing issues with the 60ft?
Cheers

Last edited by Jean; 05-01-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Bahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond repute
JEAN :
i'm not sure yet if the track is open or not i should know later today or early morning tomorrow , if its open why not , you can install whatever you want i'm open to anything .
but i have a problem since i broke 4 of my axles i'm still waiting for the new axles to arrive i just orderd them today and tomorrow is labour day holiday i dont know if they will get here on time i will let you know
it will be nice if you could come here and see the car yourself
take care

Old 05-01-2006, 04:39 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Count me in if you guys are meeting. We could also hook the AX22 to my stock turbo just for kicks.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:32 PM
JETJOX is infamous around these parts
I once experienced a 60' timing problem in a twin turbo vette that I was running at Bradenton, Fl. The car was on M/T et streets and would leave hard ( 1.44 60'). But one night for some unknown reason I clicked off two back to back passes with a 1.16 and a 1.18 60'. There was no doubt that I did stage properly and the et's were consistant with other runs of 1.4 60' times. So who the hell knows what happened? One thing I did know was I damn sure didn't pull a 1.1 60'!!!

JR

Old 05-01-2006, 10:12 PM
glpdx is infamous around these parts
At these higher, insane speeds, maybe it's about time more sensors are added. Not only would more data points be helpful in questions such as this, it would simply be cool to see. I wonder how much it would cost? It could be that companies that produce these machines have to be so standardized and stuctured, a few extra lasers is cost prohibitive. I wonder. Hmmmm???

Personally, I don't care. Spend the money on making your car more kick *** and I'll just come watch the runs in person. If they ask me, I'll say "well,... it looked fast?"

Old 05-02-2006, 08:29 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Case not closed, Apparently ?????

Guys please do not take things personally,
I (WE) want the truth and facts, nothing more.

Two questions were not answered:
1) does this car have stock internals (or was it torn
down to support GT 700 mods?)
2) What is Bahrain 996TT RELATIONSHIP with EVOMS ??

just a customer ? a dealer ???

just curious.

in any case the car looks extremely fast and has done some great runs
and I would love to see an AX-22 hooked up on it and see it run at a
different track.

GOOD LUCK !
Marty K

Old 05-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER

Guys please do not take things personally,
I (WE) want the truth and facts, nothing more.
TRUTH was already posted. I find it 1000% that there was mention of "doctoring" the timeslips and video. . Facts are already posted as well. If the drag strip has improper timing equipment, I am sure that there was no "midnight" rigging to allow only his car to have better times than any other car there. Can the timing be faulty? Sure anything is possible but I sure as hell am not going to fly to Bahrain to investigate this to satisfy anyone.

Two questions were not answered:
1) does this car have stock internals (or was it torn
down to support GT 700 mods?)
2) What is Bahrain 996TT RELATIONSHIP with EVOMS ??

just a customer ? a dealer ???
1) GT2 has stock internals. It was actually a RUF 600 before. The GT700 was installed in "Bahrain 996TT" car in his quest for more power.
2) Bahrain 996TT is a longtime customer of EVOMS. - This was already covered in a post in the first few pages.

Hope this helps cure your curiosity !!!!!

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 05-02-2006, 10:08 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Todd you have been more than patient with me and others
questions, and I thank you for that. I believe (and do not know
the specifics of this car) that Herr RUF strengthens his internals for their
590 kit (cost I was quoted way back when was $60-70,000) approx.
that being said you have a bullet proof motor to strap your very effective
GT700 kit to in this case. Maybe 996TT Bahrain could clarify this for us.
Also this new run I believe qualifies for the worlds fastest 996TT run
that has been posted. We all are anxiously awaiting VRALEX to post
his timeslips someday. My final note: Regardless of all of my questions
and everyone elses, that is the best Porsche "burnout" I have ever seen
and it is quite obvious that the GT2 is a car that will and does run in the
10's.
I have no further questions your honor...

MK

Old 05-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
10's.

MK
I was mistaken; it was a GT2 RUF 550 before we upgraded it to the GT700. S T O C K Internals. His other 996TT which has our GT800 has upgraded internals. We built that motor for him a year or so ago.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 05-02-2006, 10:21 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
10's.

MK
My car is a GT700 with stock internals. This car has trapped at 136mph in the 1/4.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Thumbs up

136 mph requires alot of power (in any platform,
let alone a 996TT platform)!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVO GT700 - GT2 10.3 @ 211 KM/HR - Post for Bahrain 996TT