996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVO GT700 - GT2 10.3 @ 211 KM/HR - Post for Bahrain 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 05:09 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Balance is what I am trying to achieve, with all due respect.
And I am keeping it respectful.
So far we have learned the 60' time he posted was impossible.
If no one asks the questions then no one learns and most people believe
everything that is posted. "It must be fact, because I saw a picture of it"
The video looks "hokey" also due to the fact as soon as they zoom in on
the Clock there is some weird transition ???
Why not ask the questions is what I say. And Yes, PSI better not post any
questionble numbers either.
One last question, Kevin.
Do you believe he ran a 1.246 60' (like the PRO STOCK Cars) ??
It is not about EVOMS it is about accuracy and conditions.

Old 04-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Bahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond reputeBahrain 996TT has a reputation beyond repute
DEAR WOODSTER
the video you saw was an old video when my GT2 ran 10.6s
i'm trying to upload the video hopefully tonight or early tomorrow morning
i hope by then you might be satisfied from the result
take care

Old 04-29-2006, 05:21 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Marty, thanks for keeping it civil.. many would not. As far as the time, I have my doubts. I have 100's of runs over the years and that is a phenomenal number, but not "impossible"... unlikely yes, impossible, no. I have enjoyed your posts and reponses since becoming a TT owner last year, and yes questions do need to be asked. I have never heard any questions from you concerning PSI... it is all EVO, all the time from you.Why? Thanks , Kevin

Old 04-29-2006, 05:31 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
KPG,
good questions,
PM me sometime and we can talk therefore
not high-jacking this thread.
thanks for your civility as well.
MK

Old 04-29-2006, 05:34 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Balance is what I am trying to achieve, with all due respect.
And I am keeping it respectful.
So far we have learned the 60' time he posted was impossible.
If no one asks the questions then no one learns and most people believe
everything that is posted. "It must be fact, because I saw a picture of it"
The video looks "hokey" also due to the fact as soon as they zoom in on
the Clock there is some weird transition ???
Why not ask the questions is what I say. And Yes, PSI better not post any
questionble numbers either.
One last question, Kevin.
Do you believe he ran a 1.246 60' (like the PRO STOCK Cars) ??
It is not about EVOMS it is about accuracy and conditions.
Do you really beleive soemone would go through the trouble to put together a fake video? Come on now - your are REALLY skepitical if your thinking that far

Old 04-29-2006, 05:38 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Marty, I know that Bahrain 996TT wouldn't stoop that low and fake a video and a time slip. I wouldn't quistion his integtrity off-hand. Hopefully, it'll get cleared up whe he posts his newer video.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:27 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
Bahrain said his car was low. My guess is that because of low ride height that once he stages that the beam is not released untill the rear of his car clears the staging beam. I assume once the staging beam is released that is when the "counter "starts running. I may be wrong but the ET seems doable but a 1.26 60 footer is probably tough to do with his setup. I have a friend with a 632 cu in full tube chasis nova that runs +/- 4.40 in the eight and they pull 1.09 or so on the rear wheels all the way through the 60 foot mark. I doubt any turbo hooks at all like that. My guess is his car is making over 1000hp with 2 stages of juice and electronic controllers. I think bahrains car is wicked fast but 1.26 is gonna tote a tire as we say in the south. Congratulations on a fast car and I hope you don's break anything else.

Old 04-29-2006, 07:02 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by silver
Bahrain said his car was low. My guess is that because of low ride height that once he stages that the beam is not released untill the rear of his car clears the staging beam. I assume once the staging beam is released that is when the "counter "starts running. I may be wrong but the ET seems doable but a 1.26 60 footer is probably tough to do with his setup. I have a friend with a 632 cu in full tube chasis nova that runs +/- 4.40 in the eight and they pull 1.09 or so on the rear wheels all the way through the 60 foot mark. I doubt any turbo hooks at all like that. My guess is his car is making over 1000hp with 2 stages of juice and electronic controllers. I think bahrains car is wicked fast but 1.26 is gonna tote a tire as we say in the south. Congratulations on a fast car and I hope you don's break anything else.

Now that makes perfect sense! He is getting the first 8 feet for free. It takes perhaps .4 to .5 sec for that! If you ad that time it all makes sense.

Old 04-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Todd @ EVO
Bahrain 996TT is a customer of EVOMS for the past 4 years. We have helped him build both his GT700 GT2 & 996TT GT800. We assembled his GT800 engine here at our facility over a year ago. The 60' times seem VERY fast to me as well. Considering that this is a NHRA sanctioned track, one has to assume that they have their timing equipment correct Additionally, "we" RenntechV12 and I have been trying to get the community to understand that all tracks are different and some are faster than others.

PHX consistently has some of the slowest times in the US when it comes to drag racing. This is reality and the reason my 143 mph (best ET) GT800 has not broken into the 9's is merely that the conditions are not "ideal". I guarantee that this same car at one of the "fast" tracks in the US ie: TX, FL or some of the northeast tracks, it will be in the 9's.

As Bahrain 996TT mentioned, this track is ideal for drag racing and is a "fast" track. It is at sea level, it is new, they prepare it properly and considering he broke 4 axles in 2 days, one can assume that the car is hooking up incredibly. I have been drag racing my GT800 for 6 months and just now broke 1 axle. Our track here has lousy traction and I cannot get better than a 1.7 60’ time. Under these circumstances, who knows what the 60’ times are, but maybe we can agree that tracks are different and these 2 cars are very fast.
Well stated Todd!!!

Craig

Old 04-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
If its correct.. again I say we all should go and run out cars there...
I went many times to the 1/4 and I have friends that run 8s, 9s, 10s, etc...
but I seldomly witnessed even a 1.4 or 1.5 60 ft.... and for those who know drag racing.. those are crazy numbers.... we dont need to attack anyone... I believe that a simple comparison of a different car would tell the story...
If someones bmw, viper, whatever runs XX.XX 1/4... and he runs at that track way differerent #s... well then its the track and or something else....
again if its been doen, and on drag radials... its a true miracle... and my hat off to u...
I went to 3 differernt tracks with my car... and my times were different on each track... but its was within reason.. casue I was not the only one doing bad at the track that one day...
if anyone want to see what our 1.2 sec 60ft car runs at the track(8.77@151mph) on full slicks... click below:
http://devotuning.com/videos/adam877.mpeg

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 04-29-2006 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:00 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I do believe that the gt700s and up are very strong cars.. they should be...running on gt28rs or gt30rs... those turbos are capable of producing 300 to 375 rwhp per turbo at 1.3 bars...
but I seldomly witnessed even a 1.4 or 1.5 60 ft.... and for those who know drag racing.. those are crazy numbers.... we dont need to attack anyone... I believe that a simple comparison of a different car would tell the story...
I think Sharky is the most experienced 1/4 porsche driver...he may clue us in...
If someones' bmw, viper, whatever runs XX.XX 1/4... and he runs at that track way differerent #s... well then its the track and or something else....
again if its been doen, and on drag radials... its a true miracle... and my hat off to u... if it was on full slicks and the car weighs 800 lbs less... then I would not even wink.
if anyone wants to see what our 1.2 sec 60ft car runs at the track(8.77@151mph) on full slicks... click below:
Point well taken. Here's a video of our '57 Chevy with 1400 RWTq and a full tub running at the track. This run netted a 1.41 60'

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.c...vythunder.html

Old 04-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Joe thats nice... how much does she weigh ?

click to view

Old 04-29-2006, 08:10 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Joe thats nice... how much does she weigh ?
Thanks. She tips the scales at a whopping 5250lbs. It has all of the original body panels. We launched it off the trans-brake at 2800rpms.

Not to hijack the thread, but just wanted some of the less experienced drag racers to see what a sub 1.5 60' time looks like.

Old 04-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Thanks. She tips the scales at a whopping 5250lbs. It has all of the original body panels. We launched it off the trans-brake at 2800rpms.

Not to hijack the thread, but just wanted some of the less experienced drag racers to see what a sub 1.5 60' time looks like.
wow 5250 lbs. thats more then twice the weight of ours...

click to view

Old 04-29-2006, 09:37 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
If its correct.. again I say we all should go and run out cars there...
If someones bmw, viper, whatever runs XX.XX 1/4... and he runs at that track way differerent #s... well then its the track and or something else....
again if its been doen, and on drag radials... its a true miracle... and my hat off to u...
I went to 3 differernt tracks with my car... and my times were different on each track... but its was within reason.. casue I was not the only one doing bad at the track that one day...
if anyone want to see what our 1.2 sec 60ft car runs at the track(8.77@151mph) on full slicks... click below:
Wow Mark, that car is CRAZY fast.. Any specs??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVO GT700 - GT2 10.3 @ 211 KM/HR - Post for Bahrain 996TT