996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVO GT700 - GT2 10.3 @ 211 KM/HR - Post for Bahrain 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Wow Mark, that car is CRAZY fast.. Any specs??
yeah... thats a 1.2 60 ft. on that run we only had 680 rhwp but we spayed 100 shot . but the car weighs 2200 lbs. ( i made a mistake b4). its on full slicks...
and on street tires its does 1.5/6s... tahst how much a difference a slick makes.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-29-2006, 09:44 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
yeah... thats a 1.2 60 ft. on that run we only had 680 rhwp but we spayed 100 shot . but the car weighs 2200 lbs. ( i made a mistake b4). its on full slicks...
and on street tires its does 1.5/6s... tahst how much a difference a slick makes.
Wow!! What did it run in that vid, i saw 6 on the board, what motor is it running and so on?

Old 04-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
same motor as mine.. build 2 liter going to 10K rpms...

click to view

Old 04-29-2006, 10:06 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
same motor as mine.. build 2 liter going to 10K rpms...
Wow pretty sick, i saw how long his 1st gear was, it was insane

Old 04-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
but its 800 lbs lighter then mine...

click to view

Old 04-29-2006, 10:16 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Markski, that car is ridiculous! I love to watch cars tear down the track like that!!!

Old 04-29-2006, 10:30 PM
PMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to behold
OK, here's something to throw into the mix. If we assume that we're traction limited all the way through the 60ft, then we can do some elementary acceleration calculations to see what kind of launch g's we need to pull to get a certain 60ft time. Here's what we get:

Launch g____60ft Time
1.0_________1.93
1.2_________1.76
1.4_________1.63
1.6_________1.53
1.8_________1.44
2.0_________1.37
2.2_________1.30

For reference, if you want to break 1 second, you need around 3.7g of continuous acceleration.

So, to rephrase the question, if we're seeing a 1.3 60 ft time, is it reasonable to expect to see that car with those tires generating 2.2g of acceleration?

To put that in perspective, at the end of 60ft, you'd be going 63 mph (in 1.3 seconds).

As another point of reference, a 1.45g launch buys us a 1.60 60ft time, and a 0-60 of 1.9 seconds, which sounds familiar, n'est ce pas, Chad?

Something isn't adding up. I'm not calling bull****, but the numbers aren't coming out the way they should. I fully embrace the potential of these EVO cars to break 9's, so this isn't about the validity of their tuning, rather the possibility that the timing on this run is inaccurate.

Old 04-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Markski, that car is ridiculous! I love to watch cars tear down the track like that!!!
Thanks,
thast a gutted car... light... and thats the key.

click to view

Old 04-30-2006, 01:33 AM
KhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by silver
Bahrain said his car was low. My guess is that because of low ride height that once he stages that the beam is not released untill the rear of his car clears the staging beam. I assume once the staging beam is released that is when the "counter "starts running. I may be wrong but the ET seems doable but a 1.26 60 footer is probably tough to do with his setup. I have a friend with a 632 cu in full tube chasis nova that runs +/- 4.40 in the eight and they pull 1.09 or so on the rear wheels all the way through the 60 foot mark. I doubt any turbo hooks at all like that. My guess is his car is making over 1000hp with 2 stages of juice and electronic controllers. I think bahrains car is wicked fast but 1.26 is gonna tote a tire as we say in the south. Congratulations on a fast car and I hope you don's break anything else.
This sounds like the most reasonable explanation up to this point. Assuming the track timers are all correct and not malfuntioning, this is about the only theory up to this point that makes sense. I don't doubt that Bahrain is telling the truth about what his timeslip says. But those 60 foot times are impossible. The fact that both his cars are getting similar 60ft times is a bit weird. But I'm assuming both your cars are very low? Same phenomena.. both cars.

Old 04-30-2006, 02:33 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Understand this is nothing against EVOMS but it is
kind of interesting that after EVOMS/Renntech v12 failed to get into the
10's that "all of a sudden" the 10 second GT700's are coming out of the
woodwork.
Translation: Nothing against EVOMS, but EVOMS and all of theri customers are a bunch of liars.

It’s a big, global conspiracy Marty. EVOMS and all of their customers got together in a hotel room a couple of months ago and hatched a master plan to dupe the entire Porsche community by publicizing fictitious ¼ mile times and HP figures. In order to give this conspiracy some necessary credibility, EVOMS solicited the participation of several NHRA sanctioned race tracks, both in the United States and abroad. This is merely the first phase of the conspiracy. Next month, an EVOMS customer will post a video of his car racing a SR-71 Blackbird (I can't disclose who wins, as it would ruin the surprise).

BTW, Todd Zuccone shot JFK . . . and fled the scene in a 1750 HP 996TT.

Craig

Last edited by Craig; 04-30-2006 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:54 AM
glpdx is infamous around these parts
1750 HP could probably reach speeds similar to a speeding bullet, right? Maybe he just accidently threw a pebble out the window as he was flying by the JFK scene on his way to the track and no one saw him. Opps.

Todd & Craig,

I look forward to repeat events, and maybe even beat your own numbers. But if you do, you better have NASA there to confirm so that 2% who don't believe you might focus on being more supportive to your efforts that 98% of us appreciate. If they are a bit off, I really don't care. They're still impressive. Worst case scenario, you helped uncover a flaw in the timing system.

Thanks again. Some day, I would be proud to have my own numbers questioned.

Old 04-30-2006, 04:07 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by glpdx
1750 HP could probably reach speeds similar to a speeding bullet, right? Maybe he just accidently threw a pebble out the window as he was flying by the JFK scene on his way to the track and no one saw him. Opps.

Craig

Old 04-30-2006, 04:13 AM
Basic Sponsor
Hey you guys... why dont we all meet up one day somewhere half way.. NOt in AZ nor CALI... liek the midwest.... and not on a 100 degree temp(sea level)... maybe even close to Stephen, liek we intended b4... and get a 1/4 strip for a day.... Ill bring the Polish sausage and strippers for you guys... and dont make this a tuner thing just us a 6speed event... have fun and really ..I mean really appreciate each others cars... and do the dreaded axle breaking runs... and I will be the first to do it.
I will take a weekend out of my schedule just to do this... anyone else.

click to view

Old 04-30-2006, 05:19 AM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
Translation: Nothing against EVOMS, but EVOMS and all of theri customers are a bunch of liars.

It’s a big, global conspiracy Marty. EVOMS and all of their customers got together in a hotel room a couple of months ago and hatched a master plan to dupe the entire Porsche community by publicizing fictitious ¼ mile times and HP figures. In order to give this conspiracy some necessary credibility, EVOMS solicited the participation of several NHRA sanctioned race tracks, both in the United States and abroad. This is merely the first phase of the conspiracy. Next month, an EVOMS customer will post a video of his car racing a SR-71 Blackbird (I can't disclose who wins, as it would ruin the surprise).

BTW, Todd Zuccone shot JFK . . . and fled the scene in a 1750 HP 996TT.

Craig

LOL this is sooo funny but soo right

Old 04-30-2006, 05:31 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
Marty, I know that Bahrain 996TT wouldn't stoop that low and fake a video and a time slip. I wouldn't quistion his integtrity off-hand. Hopefully, it'll get cleared up whe he posts his newer video.
I agree to that, people here are true motorhead enthusiasts. Trust me if Khalid (03-turbo911) says the above about Bahrain 996TT, then it is true, he (Khalid) is most decent guy you can meet..

Something surely went wrong with the timing, but not the intentions.

Khalid hope you will be with us May 19th with your new car as well.
See you there guys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVO GT700 - GT2 10.3 @ 211 KM/HR - Post for Bahrain 996TT