996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

2 MAF's in 2 weeks blown

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 11:46 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
Last week I blew my 3rd MAF. 1st-oiled filter. 2nd-dry filter, 3rd-986 MAF & dry filter. I'm eagerly awaiting the new MAF from EVO with the higher voltage tollerence.
Mike,

Have you given Todd @ Promotive a call?

Old 04-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Chad - no I haven't.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:54 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
Chad - no I haven't.
Clue #1.

Old 04-29-2006, 01:28 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
V-Flo, oiled filter, 1 year/15,000+ miles, no problems. FVD stage 2.

Old 04-29-2006, 03:46 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wross996TT
The problem is that folks are implying causation where all we really have is correlation (popsicle sales and shark attacks). Until a scientific study is done we can all blame and point fingers at whatever we want...it doesn't mean anything. And the implication that this is just a US problem implies that 996TT stevo actually knows about the entire population in the ROW..which I doubt. We all want the "MAF" problem to go away...hopefully we can get to a solution instead of blaming this or that product. Enough of my rant!
Your putting words in my mouth dude!

I said UK not ROW, and the simple reason why (fact) is hardly anyone has an Evo intake system here! Yes Evoms have just branched out and found a distributer here in the UK and design911 is selling their product too!, but nobody is rushing down to the shop to buy these intakes. Firstly prices over here are rediculous (intake cost us over $1000.00) and to top of it's an unknown product here (not tried and tested) see we take a bit more time over buying product here in the UK and don't just buy it because everyone else is! To be honest I actually like the idea of the product and enquired about one but everyone seems to be having major issues with it and you can't deny that (fact) Over here MAF's cost over $550, so let's take example of one of the forum members here!

Evo intake system $1000 + 3 x MAF's $1650 = $2650.00 (UK Prices) mmmmm! I wouldn't be very happy!

I actually still want one believe it or not but the issue with the MAF's thing is putting me right off! I don't know if it's the Oil used in the filter that's fouling these MAF's, sure sounds like it!. I worked with a Motocross team as a mechanic for 2/3 years and filters needed oiled and cleaned every race, I happen to think this could come down to the type of oil used for these filters and the way it's applied! (hate to say it, but kinda agree with 1999porsche911 in some of his process) we had to use super tacky oil to catch any form of dust/particles in these bikes (Air intake is right beside Carb) and had to be applied correctly. There has been a net introduced for the Evo filter, I'm sure this is exactly the same kind of net material the Pro Motocross teams had, it was a sock/net made from Twin Air the American Air filter company. We used it with dry filters when racing in deep sand (no oil) I would love to try the unit out with a different filter maybe a foam element with the net to see what would happen!

I am not trying to be arguementative, there is obviously issues with these systems and Evoms are trying to help with a new MAF etc, which is great!. I'm on everyones side but at the moment there is no point spending my hard earned cash to more than likely come up against MAF issues. It must be driving people crazy and I completely understand.

Old 04-29-2006, 10:04 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Your putting words in my mouth dude!

I said UK not ROW, and the simple reason why (fact) is hardly anyone has an Evo intake system here! Yes Evoms have just branched out and found a distributer here in the UK and design911 is selling their product too!, but nobody is rushing down to the shop to buy these intakes. Firstly prices over here are rediculous (intake cost us over $1000.00) and to top of it's an unknown product here (not tried and tested) see we take a bit more time over buying product here in the UK and don't just buy it because everyone else is! To be honest I actually like the idea of the product and enquired about one but everyone seems to be having major issues with it and you can't deny that (fact) Over here MAF's cost over $550, so let's take example of one of the forum members here!

Evo intake system $1000 + 3 x MAF's $1650 = $2650.00 (UK Prices) mmmmm! I wouldn't be very happy!

I am not trying to be arguementative, there is obviously issues with these systems and Evoms are trying to help with a new MAF etc, which is great!. I'm on everyones side but at the moment there is no point spending my hard earned cash to more than likely come up against MAF issues. It must be driving people crazy and I completely understand.
Sorry, my bad, you speak for all of the UK not ROW. Now back to my point... There is not "obviously issues with these systems". There is nothing obvious and the data does not support such claims! That was the point of my post which you apparently ignored. I could care less if you buy the intake.

Old 04-29-2006, 11:21 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wross996TT
Sorry, my bad, you speak for all of the UK not ROW. Now back to my point... There is not "obviously issues with these systems". There is nothing obvious and the data does not support such claims! That was the point of my post which you apparently ignored. I could care less if you buy the intake.

OOOOOOOOOO! handbags!!!

Old 04-29-2006, 01:17 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
OOOOOOOOOO! handbags!!!
I dont know why, but that made me laugh so damm hard, sounded so funny