996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Detailer Stage 4 Gt VS Orbit Racing 996 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 08:37 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Ryan,

Duane will have to disclose, if he wants. But, more than all the above.

Old 12-20-2003, 08:40 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
I do not have the torque figures but we got 560 rwhp at 6100 rpms before the throttle body closes down and we hit 1.3 bar.

Old 12-20-2003, 08:47 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
0wn3d

Old 12-20-2003, 09:10 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
quoted by Duane:

"Some people were not that willing to help prior to the shootout." Gee, I wonder who you are refering to?

Old 12-20-2003, 09:17 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Chad,
Wasn't from me...I had that arranged and confirmed for Duane's car...

Shank,
When we finish your car you can roll down to FL for a bit O Fun

Old 12-21-2003, 03:30 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Duane - what software you running right now??

Old 12-21-2003, 04:04 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
How come Detailer has been silent here? Everyone speaks in tongues like it's some big secret what they have. It's not like we are racing each other for $$, are we? Also I think the issue of HP/TQ gains promoted by aftermarket sources and specific packages comes up at times like these. As we learned from the shootout results, the numbers don't always tell the whole story.

Old 12-21-2003, 04:49 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Awesome Duane! Can you share what the Orbit package consists of and how much it costs? Is this a package anyone can buy or just a one off project?

I am guessing your HP/TQ numbers are on a rear wheel dyno?

Thanks and Congrats!

Old 12-21-2003, 05:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Duane
Yes it was!!!! Todd correct me if I am wrong but all Stage 4 consists of is Exhaust,K24's and Stage 4 programming. I am pretty sure he purchased his stage 4 programming from Matt at Meridian but not positive.
You are somewhat correct. The hardware is the same as you mentioned with the addition of headers. The Stage 4 software is drastically different and way more agressive than stage 3. You are correct that Meridian sold the software however I, nor my affiliates tuned his computer. About a week after Detailers ECU was tuned, Meridian became one of our dealers.

In reference to "helping you out", Kaspar and I were both willing to help you out well over 6 months ago. You did not like our approach and you went down your own path. I was more than OK with that and respected your decision to build your own system. I am glad your car is running well now.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 12-21-2003, 07:13 AM
Andrew708
all i can say is that duane and i had lot's of fun,and my car is what it is...the software is stage 4,and i have done lots of different things to the car.Duane knows what is in the car,and all i can say is that everyone should meet up for the national 6speed meet so we can have fun!!!All i know is that Duan'e s car is one MONSTER,and remindes me of my mustang when we are running the qtr mile.....Todd how do you know what turbo's i have??? did you call kevin? see there is one thing..you can purchase turbos from other people also........Todd you know that dont you? i have lot's of friends in the car tuning business in new york,and germany...One more thing...Duane made a mistake buy typing in 4gt.....my car is a Detailer gt!!!!!!

Old 12-21-2003, 07:43 AM
Andrew708
Originally posted by Todd @ EVO
Just to clarify, Detailer IN NOT running an EVO Stage 4 GT. We are still trying to see if he is even running a Stage 4, he may just be at Stage 3. The turbos on that car are K24's.
Todd..what bar should i be running with my software than????all i can say is that every time i lay into it it hits 1.2-1.3...no spikes!!!On the mechanical guage it goes to 16lbs every time also....Does your stage 3 do that??let me know then...ok?

Old 12-21-2003, 08:04 AM
cjv
quote Todd @ EVO"
"In reference to "helping you out", Kaspar and I were both willing to help you out well over 6 months ago. You did not like our approach and you went down your own path."

Todd, please feel free to correct me as I may be wrong. It is my opinion, your "approach" is to sell your complete package or nothing. You will not sell parts like larger injectors (I believe I know where you buy these from), certain turbos (I also believe I know what these are), MAS parts (you got me here), and ECU tuning (I was prevented from using GIAC when I wanted to). In addition, you use your influence (buying power) on GIAC to keep them from working on other cars. I was prevented from using them at a certain time, my guess is Duane probably had the same experience. This way you at least slow others from developimg more powerful cars which in turn could prevent your products from being shown in a more favorable light.

I don't believe Steve Kasper is an active part of this, but has no choice due to certain ties.

I would like to hear your position directly from you. If I am incorrect, I apologize.

Last edited by cjv; 12-21-2003 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:41 AM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
Chad,

Was that you headed north on highway 1 the other day, with the "**** on GIAC" sticker on the back window?

Old 12-21-2003, 11:00 AM
cjv
......... seriously, it was not me. GIAC does have talent. Heck, at one time I offered to pay them to remove the 1.3 bar limitation. Funny thing was, until I made the request, no one was doing that. I am pissed at the way Todd @ EVO and/or GIAC do business, but that is their choice. In time, people will realize if you have only one place to go to have your work done or repaired, your parts could become worthless or the price you pay could become very expensive. History tends to be a good teacher.

Old 12-21-2003, 11:02 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Chad,
Todd I am sure will answer his own way, however we were all in agreement that the setup for Duane would be his own and custom throughout. Some parts would be used from other systems, only because of the issue of reinventing the wheel. As a whole the project was drawn on a clean sheet of paper. No one told Duane that it had to be a "package" At least not on this end. We were prepared to jump head in with unknown turbos and various other equipment such as intakes etc. Not once did anyone tell me that I couldn't do this. In fact Todd was helping me getting Garrett to KC to finish it up once the physical part was done. The problem as I understood it was I was wanting a more conservative approach in regards to rods, rod bearings and a partial engine tear down to accommodate the new HP and install a reliability factor. The cost went above what Duane wanted and the project was sent else where. I even offered after Orbit hit the wall with programming to reproach the tuning side for him, yet cost once again became the factor. There were no hard feelings from anyone and no blocking of anything.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Detailer Stage 4 Gt VS Orbit Racing 996 TT