996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Detailer Stage 4 Gt VS Orbit Racing 996 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 11:18 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
There was also a huge convenience factor, orbit being in miami, for Duane. I dont think he can go a week without that car. Some of us have more tolerance to Porsche withdrawl. BTW, Stephen, how long will she be there....Fred's picking it up tomorrow.

Old 12-21-2003, 11:21 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Stephen,

You remember me asking you about information on the larger injectors and about purchasing them? How about the MAS unit? Do you remember your response to me?

I'll take it further. I contacted Dyno Spot and Rennsport Systems on the West Coast regarding my idea about removing the 1.3 bar limitation. We all know what happened there. Strangely this was not on any advertisements and no one had even mentioned this limitation until I inquired. Privately, you also gave me your take about what occured. I guess I am assuming Duane was given the same treatment. I'll leave it at that.

Regarding the comment about the rods etc. and the conservative approach, I know this is you speaking from your convictions and I admire this. However, this is not the rest of the party speaking. Budman's car did not follow this approach (rods etc.) Yet this car and another car from the same stable was pushed to a conservative 1.5 bar. I do realize there are certain things you don't agree with, however you are not at liberty to control.

Last edited by cjv; 12-21-2003 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:48 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Chad,

Everyone on this list knows how you feel about Todd@EVO and Garrett at GIAC. However, I have a different feeling about these guys.

Todd from EVO is awesome, he has many satisfied customers and was with me during the entire shootout offering help and support. He is a super nice guy who stands behind his products.

If you ever meet Garrett you would have nothing bad to say about him as anyone from the shootout would agree. This guy is soooooo nice and soooooo helpful to anyone and everyone. I have no idea what transpired between you, Todd and Garrett but like they say there are 2 sides to every story.

Get over it!

Old 12-21-2003, 11:50 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Personally I think Kaspar and Todd are straight shooters! They tell it like it is, whether you like it or not. That has been my experience.

Now as far as my experience with two other tuners - They were the disease, infected my (F O R M E R) car with false claims, bad product, and lousy service...they were the disease, and EVO/Imagine was the cure..... "I'll leave it at that"

ps: I do think Imagine Auto has a much better website than EVO and any other tuner, IMHO.

Old 12-21-2003, 11:56 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Buddy,

Good idea. I would love to hear the other side of the story directly from Todd and Garrett. I've been waiting for some time now.

I believe Todd's reply was just as you stated above, "Get over it."I have. I have moved on to other solutions that have produced even more power. What they did in the past is now old news. However, it is important to me the history is accurate.

Last edited by cjv; 12-21-2003 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:58 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Chad,
Don't assume that was the issue with Duane. In fact I can personally assure you it wasn't and do find offense in the fact that it would be eluded that I would be involved with anything like that. I stand on my head to help when I can. What happened with you I don't know and to be honest would rather not...None of my business. If you had called me and it happened that would have been different. But you didn't and quiet simply I don't put my nose in unless it is my issue. The situation with Duane I do know what happened and everything was setup..I had to stand on my head at that time. We had scheduled blocks of time and we had a schedule. That in its shelf is difficult to do, but it was done.

Shank,

A week max...With Christmas at the end of the week it will be tough to finish in three days. I am trying to finish up a supercharged car. Next week completion for sure....As far as Duane being away from the car...Boy, don't I understand that one. I have been fighting with the dealer on my dash, Idiots can't figure out how to stick an 02 dash in there. Its been a week and I am going bonkers.

Old 12-21-2003, 12:03 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I do realize there are certain things you don't agree with, however you are not at liberty to control.
When a customer ask me to build something and I feel that the limitations of the motor has been reached I will not move from my stance. I have NEVER and I mean NEVER had a motor shell that I built. My reputation and the ability to sleep at night is well worth the loss of a job or the money associated with it. Many know while I need to make a living, I am not driven by money, but passion. So I am at liberty to control because there are so many others other there that will turn a wrench brainlessly. That is fine. but not me. I knew what Duane would do with the car and know he gives it 110% when driving. I also believe that Rodger expressed the same concerns I had.

Old 12-21-2003, 12:04 PM
cjv
Ryan,

Don't get me going now. Didn't you blast Roock back then? Now, didn't you recently give some type of endorsement to them? When your car left S Car Go Racing, it was you who didn't want to spend any monies on tuning the ECU. I personally warned you not to do this. Regarding your headers, after having them for over a year, were you not given a refund for them? Heck, I bought a EVO exhaust that was suppose to be good for 600 hp. Three months later I was told it was only good for 550 hp. Did I get ANY refund? No!

Sorry Ryan, but something does not compute.

Last edited by cjv; 12-21-2003 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-21-2003, 12:17 PM
cjv
Stephen,

I think you need to carefully read what I said. I have the upmost respect for "your" integrity. I believe I know you very well. What I was refering to is things in the past like when I inquired about buying certain parts. I no longer need them, but remember, even though you were associated (somehow) you could not sell them unless they were bought as a package? Correct? No?

Old 12-21-2003, 12:18 PM
Ok, I didn't mean to get into another tuner bashing post. But you are incorrect about "not wanting to spend monies on ecu tuning" - when Scargo stated it WAS NOT necessary. There is a big difference. As far as Roock - They received NO endorsements from me whatsoever. Chad I really like how you run with such few words, and twist them into some hypothetical situation. ALL I DID was buy another wing from Neil at roock, and praised him for the quick delivery. If that, my friend, is considered endorsing, well that is completely wrong and uncalled for. Back to Scargo - like buddy says, there are two sides to every story, and my side remained quiet after I received my refund, in fairness to Scargo. I don't want to open up a can of worms.

Here end any LEADS to tuner bashing incase we're headed that route.

Old 12-21-2003, 12:21 PM
Well two part answer, yea and no. Yes I could have sold them, but no no one wanted to let them go. The reason was nothing was proven yet. Like your car things were being tested and nothing was confirmed it was the way we thought. Much like the IBE switcher. I tested that for nearly 7 months before release and while we had it I could not sell it. It did change obviously before release. No offense, but like hell I would want to sell you something that didn't work when we thought it did

Old 12-21-2003, 12:34 PM
cjv
Ryan,
I agree. Let's both stop now. Anyone can read old threads to discover what was said on these topics.

Stephen,
I believe you understood my car was on the cutting edge (experimental). It was loaded with R&D. Much of it has worked and much has not. I have wasted alot of money on things that did not work. If I bought a set of injectors from you, you had to know you had no responsibility.... period. Or did you?

I might say, I found it rather comical when I learned by accident (at a later date) that we were both using the same source for the larger injectors. However, since then, I discovered a source in England for 1000 cc high impedence injectors.

Last edited by cjv; 12-21-2003 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:37 PM
One would certainly agree that is the way it should be, but I wouldn't do that. In my eyes, if the car was here, that is one thing, if I am selling over the counter, expressed or implied responsibility....no way Must be that stubborn thing again

Old 12-21-2003, 02:06 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
I just arrived in NY and saw this thread getting out of hand. First of all I want to say that me saying that some people were not willing to help, was not intended towards Stephen or Todd. It was another tuner that works with Giac and I will not mention the name. Obviously Stephen has always been forthcoming with information and we all appreciate it. My main reason for choosing Orbit was because of location and nothing else. I am very happy with car and once the final bugs are worked out I think it will be even better.

Old 12-21-2003, 02:16 PM
cjv
Stephen,

I have a question. You said, "I have NEVER and I mean NEVER had a motor shell that I built. My reputation and the ability to sleep at night is well worth the loss of a job or the money associated with it. Many know while I need to make a living, I am not driven by money, but passion. So I am at liberty to control because there are so many others other there that will turn a wrench brainlessly."

My question is this. Based on your experience and the above statement, if anyone came to you and wanted you to produce "X" amount of power with a 996tt motor, with NO INTERNAL MODIFICATIONS, what maximum number would the value of "X" be, before you would DECLINE to build the motor?

Last edited by cjv; 12-21-2003 at 02:23 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Detailer Stage 4 Gt VS Orbit Racing 996 TT