996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Detailer Stage 4 Gt VS Orbit Racing 996 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 06:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
quote Todd @ EVO"
"In reference to "helping you out", Kaspar and I were both willing to help you out well over 6 months ago. You did not like our approach and you went down your own path."

Todd, please feel free to correct me as I may be wrong. It is my opinion, your "approach" is to sell your complete package or nothing. You will not sell parts like larger injectors (I believe I know where you buy these from), certain turbos (I also believe I know what these are), MAS parts (you got me here), and ECU tuning (I was prevented from using GIAC when I wanted to). In addition, you use your influence (buying power) on GIAC to keep them from working on other cars. I was prevented from using them at a certain time, my guess is Duane probably had the same experience. This way you at least slow others from developimg more powerful cars which in turn could prevent your products from being shown in a more favorable light.

I don't believe Steve Kasper is an active part of this, but has no choice due to certain ties.

I would like to hear your position directly from you. If I am incorrect, I apologize.
Chad, I will try and clarify this once and for all. First of all, I am not trying to slow you or anyone else down in developing a motor package. You make it seem like there is a conspiracy against you and others. Second, you are correct, we do build complete tuning packages that we market and sell. These tuning packages are carefully designed, size matched and tuned. We spend countless hours tuning the cars in various different conditions including on the GIAC 4wd dyno. Garrett of GIAC will tune the car based on the parameters that I set for the specific application, i.e. fuel quality, boost etc. When we complete the tuning package, which typically takes months of tuning, we are then able to sell the system to individuals that are interested in the power and package that we create. Our system is "turn key", it can be sent anywhere in the world. Our customers can have it installed in a day or so and they can instantly enjoy their car.

These tuning systems are sold AS KITS and cannot be varied much. What many people do not understand is the software calibration for these motors is the most important aspect to making safe power. You can’t just pick and choose turbos and expect the generic software that you have will run properly. Turbos generate air, big turbos make more air than little turbos. The ECU can only adjust small amounts without needing to be recalibrated to compensate for increased airflow.

In your situation, when you are building a 1 off creation, it makes it difficult for a company like GIAC to be your custom tuner. First, it takes ALOT of time and when you make hardware changes, the software needs to change. Second, you are in SF and they are in Irvine. It takes twice as much time to tune from a remote location (I know b/c that is how we used to tune. Now it is much easier to transport the car to Irvine and tune the car with Garrett).

When you or anyone else who creates a custom motor package, it is not a quick and easy task to just "whip up software." The reason we sell entire motor packages is so people do not have to pick and choose components and guess if they will work properly. Our tuning packages take the "guesswork" out of the equation for our customers who 1) do not know enough about engines and tuning to pick their own components and 2) don’t want to hassle with constant changes and daily tweaking in order for their car to run properly. There are people on this board that do have the "know how" including yourself, and that is what makes us all different.

Just for the record, typically we will not sell our Stage 4 GT or Stage 5 software without the entire package. If I did sell the software separate to a customer who claimed to have the same components as our Stage 4GT or 5 and the motor blows up because the turbos were bigger or the injectors were to small, who do you think the finger is going to be pointed at? Me.

Chad, I respect your opinion and others on this board. Please know that I have nothing against you or your project. I spent some time with Rob King at the shootout and have nothing but good things to say about him and what he builds. The software issue is a touchy one and I would prefer to discuss that over the phone if you are interested. If you would like, I will call you Monday AM. Let me know.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 12-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Detailer708
Todd how do you know what turbo's i have??? did you call kevin? see there is one thing..you can purchase turbos from other people also........Todd you know that dont you? i have lot's of friends in the car tuning business in new york,and germany...One more thing...Duane made a mistake buy typing in 4gt.....my car is a Detailer gt!!!!!!

Todd..what bar should i be running with my software than????all i can say is that every time i lay into it it hits 1.2-1.3...no spikes!!!On the mechanical guage it goes to 16lbs every time also....Does your stage 3 do that??let me know then...ok?
When you and I spoke last week and I offered to verify that you had stage 4 software, you told me that you had K24 turbos. I know you can buy turbos from thousands of companies, just was suprised b/c we spoke last week and you made no mention of the new turbos. Stage 3 software will run up to 1.2 bar if you tweak the wastegates. BTW, 16 PSI is only 1.08 Bar. Oh well, good luck with the car it sounds awesome

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds

Last edited by Evolution MotorSports; 12-21-2003 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:50 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
16/14.7=1.088

Old 12-21-2003, 07:55 PM
Andrew708
Originally posted by Todd @ EVO
When you and I spoke last week and I offered to verify that you had stage 4 software, you told me that you had K24 turbos. I know you can buy turbos from thousands of companies, just was suprised b/c we spoke last week and you made no mention of the new turbos. Stage 3 software will run up to 1.2 bar if you tweak the wastegates. BTW, 16 PSI is only 1.08 Bar. Oh well, good luck with the car it sounds awesome
Thanks Todd..i never really talk about what i have,and the waste gates were not tweaked at all.....Hope all is well,and i am totally happy with the way my car ran against Duanes.....i can't wait to run other guys from the board..it's lot's of fun!!!!!!! wait to you guys see the video clips...one word...AWESOME!!!

Old 12-21-2003, 07:59 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Post the videos Andrew!!!! I am dying here!!!

Old 12-21-2003, 08:06 PM
Andrew708
Originally posted by KPV
Post the videos Andrew!!!! I am dying here!!!
Ken i am waiting on them from Darren....They were not long,but the sound of the two cars roaring is awesome.....

Old 12-21-2003, 08:14 PM
KPV
Did you do anything special with a microphone to capture sound or just use the camcorder mic?

Old 12-21-2003, 08:16 PM
Andrew708
darren used a camera with video clips(with sound also)!!! hows your beast running now??hows the weather??one thing...good luck at dyno day!!!

Old 12-21-2003, 08:19 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Hi,

Not sure if this works, but right click and save as - DO NOT STREAM

http://www.rshankar.com/vids/duanevid1.avi

http://www.rshankar.com/vids/duanevid2.avi

I think i have another video coming too.

Old 12-21-2003, 08:22 PM
KPV
Andrew,
I guess what I meant was........did you have a separate microphone mounted outside the car near the exhaust?
Car is running good after I plugged the IC pipe back in!! It doesn't help having your turbo boost exhaust to ambient!!! Weather is good. Tomorrow should be 45-48 and sunny. Perfect dyno-ing weather!!

Old 12-21-2003, 08:24 PM
KPV
Duane Man!!!!!
You kicked Andy's butt!!!!!

Whoa!!!!

Old 12-21-2003, 08:25 PM
KPV
Duane,
Are you running wheel spacers?

Old 12-21-2003, 08:30 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
There were a total of 5 small videos I took with my little cannon digital elph - one shows andy flying by as well - but Duanes car pulled much harder

Funny when i was in duanes TT - the power is so violent that everytime he shifted i could not hold the camera still!

Old 12-21-2003, 08:33 PM
Andrew708
gotta be those bypass mufflers,and the zero clearence turbos..i need them now~~~~~

Old 12-21-2003, 08:33 PM
KPV
I want to see the rest of the videos!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Detailer Stage 4 Gt VS Orbit Racing 996 TT