996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Will NEVER Buy HRE's Again!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
For the price HRE charge for their products, they should atleast stand behind when anything goes worng. This kind of things will hurt their business ...

Old 04-30-2006, 03:19 PM
DDW
DDW is infamous around these parts
HRE is only for show.

There are only 4 brands which i would buy for my car.

-BBS
-O.Z
-Cargraphic
-ATS

All of these are used in Motorsports all over the world.

cheers

Old 04-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Y65MPH is infamous around these partsY65MPH is infamous around these parts
Evan:

I am glad you spoke up about this. I have had the same issues. Poor quality and even worse customer service. You spend a small fortune on these wheels and when you have a problem they ask you to send the wheel back and then get jerked off for 6 to 8 weeks. I asked them on two intenses to send me a new wheel and when it arrives I will send to defective wheel back. No! they insist I send my wheel to them first. With the profit margin they must have in their wheels you would think they would send you a new wheel and tell you to use the defective one as a coffee table. Clowns!!!!

Craig

Old 04-30-2006, 08:34 PM
gobie18 is infamous around these parts
I have to say I agree with AMG-ETR 100%. I had my set of 547R for less then a year. And to my suprise when I wash the rear wheels after a few rain storms, the chrome started to flake off. I call HRE right away and they told my they stop chroming about a year ago and that the chrome finish is not part of the warranty. So now one of the rear wheels looks all screwed up. I left with a option to send the wheel back to HRE and they will high polish the wheel at a cost of $300. But I need to pay for shipping and need to have the tire unmounted. That is such BS what they had to offer because I have to do all four. So now I'm stuck with finding my own local shop to do this work. I'm so tired of HRE's that I told myself that I will not buy another set ever again.

Gobie
2002 TT

Old 04-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DDW
HRE is only for show.

There are only 4 brands which i would buy for my car.

-BBS
-O.Z
-Cargraphic
-ATS

All of these are used in Motorsports all over the world.

cheers
I agree that HRE are show only wheels. I have heard way too many probems with them over the years.

BTW you forgot FIKSE Wheels. One of the most used in motorsport racing. and they have done a great job of standing behind their product!!

Old 04-30-2006, 11:59 PM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
fikse's all the way.. race proven.. worked great on my twin turbo.. sold to me by perfect power (porsche race shop) at a great price,,
http://www.perfectpowerinc.com/
how about winning the 24 hours of Daytona this year.. http://www.fikse.com/news.html
http://www.fikse.com/motorsport.html
http://www.fikse.com/products.html

Old 05-01-2006, 12:24 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
I've had prob's with chromed wheels every time (from other brands) and since then, I never get my wheels chromed. I'd find it hard to believe any chrome lasts forever, but maybe some is more problematic than others. I'm not a chemist, so I've no idea why that is, but I have heard it's not easy to get a long-lasting plating done so I just don't mess with it.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
All the reverse wheels have the rain problem ... not just HRE ... I also believe that HRE used to have an amateur do their chrome work but since then (last 6 months) have found a reputable company that do a supposed impecable job ... I will know the quality of the chrome in 3 weeks
I never never heard this till just now....and I thought I noticed some weirdness driving in hard rain...

Old 05-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I'm on my 5th set of HRE's. Other than bending, (my fault hitting pot holes) I've never really had any major problems. The lips may be easy to scratch, but other than that, I dig them.

I don't really track my car, when I had the Porsche I used the oem's.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:46 AM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Evan, you should be ashamed for getting chrome wheels in the first place.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Wannabe
cig1 is infamous around these parts
Chrome wheels on an exotic? You get no sympathy here .... sorry bro

G

Old 05-01-2006, 01:50 AM
DavidS 996 C2 is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear it Evan, but I must agree the HRE quality control is awful. I ordered HRE 543R's for my previous C4S and paid quite a premium for chromed lips and brushed spokes. I was underwhelmed to say the least. The brushed finish appear to have been applied with a toothbrush.

HRE's are indeed just for show but only if you you don't look too hard. My money will be spent elsewhere on the wheels I order for my next Porsche!

Old 05-01-2006, 02:19 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Thanks for the support by most, I don't exepct HRE to do anything, they never have, I don't suppose they would start now which is why I posted this...

Are you guys kidding me with the chrome comment?? CHROME LIPS!! Black wheels with CHROME LIPS!! Not all chrome wheels... Much brighter and easier to keep clean (if they were done right)...
Yea, let me tell ya they look like crap....

Evan

Old 05-01-2006, 02:22 AM
FL TT is infamous around these parts
You have a PM.

Old 05-01-2006, 03:44 AM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DarioTexas
All the reverse wheels have the rain problem ... not just HRE ... I also believe that HRE used to have an amateur do their chrome work but since then (last 6 months) have found a reputable company that do a supposed impecable job ... I will know the quality of the chrome in 3 weeks

via/jia approved and tuv wheels i believe have no such problems

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Will NEVER Buy HRE's Again!!