996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Will NEVER Buy HRE's Again!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 03:59 AM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DDW
HRE is only for show.

There are only 4 brands which i would buy for my car.

-BBS
-O.Z
-Cargraphic
-ATS

All of these are used in Motorsports all over the world.

cheers
Uh, how about ...

Bro

Old 05-01-2006, 10:33 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
chrome belongs on bathroom fixtures.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by oak
I love you man.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:52 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
good one

Old 05-02-2006, 09:47 AM
tdf360 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by oak
I agree. It's heavy and it inhibits heat dissipation, two things you never want on your car.

Gary

Old 05-02-2006, 10:08 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I had heard about Gary's problem before but had no idea so many others were having issues. HRE stepped up and fixed Gary's wheels after some time, I am surprised that they are not replying to you. Customer service is important, without that, you will soon have no customers.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:34 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Yeah, I'm done with HRE's too.

for now.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Salespunk is infamous around these parts
Does anyone remember how much Hayashi Racing wheels were? About half the cost before the new owners came in and changed the name to HRE. You would think with 75% profit margins they would stand behind their products...

Old 05-03-2006, 01:18 PM
SR996 is infamous around these parts
I could be wrong but this is my opinion. HRE isnt so ballin as some may think they are. Think about the cuts their distributers make,dont get me wrong they do make money, but a REAL BIG money making company would back up their product to have continuous sales. IMO the wheels are marked up to the ***** and thats why when you go buy em you think your getting a discount off their site, but your not, your paying what they charge and the distributers mark up. The wheels are very nice and I ve owned 3 sets. I have had the rain problem, and they have bent REALLY easily. I ve also have friends who have had those problems as well. I am definatley done with hre due to the poor customer service, and the delay for everything, which I heard through a grape vein that they are a VERYYY small shop, to think their site and prices would make you visualize a top notch facility...too bad its not the case, otherwise we wouldnt have a problem with the customer service.

Old 05-03-2006, 01:24 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Super D
I've had prob's with chromed wheels every time (from other brands) and since then, I never get my wheels chromed. I'd find it hard to believe any chrome lasts forever, but maybe some is more problematic than others. I'm not a chemist, so I've no idea why that is, but I have heard it's not easy to get a long-lasting plating done so I just don't mess with it.

same here, my dad has always been a huge chrome nut, and even factory wheels peeled, since then i've convinced him to go polished.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:53 PM
SChen is infamous around these parts
I have HRE's with brushed centers and a polished lip and the clearcoat it pealing off the centers. Do they warranty this?

Last edited by SChen; 05-03-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:59 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
I heard HRE would be doing a price increase on their whole product line sometime in '06!

Old 05-03-2006, 08:44 PM
SR996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AWD
I heard HRE would be doing a price increase on their whole product line sometime in '06!
YUP already did. Thats EVEN more of a reason everyone is backing off their product. And its not to mash on HRE, but no one else is to blame but them. Overpriced wheels, price increase, poor customer service, long delays for everything, and product issues and not backing them up (i.e rain issue, peeling, easily bent, clear coat chipping etc.) is going to impact strong on sales. (at least here on 6speed it will)

Old 05-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
at the prices most dealers have to sell to customers we are lucky to make 5-10% on HRE.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 05-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SChen
I have HRE's with brushed centers and a polished lip and the clearcoat it pealing off the centers. Do they warranty this?
Yes if it has been less than one year. They do not cover anything peeling FROM the lug nut area or the centercap area.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Will NEVER Buy HRE's Again!!