996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Newbie question...but what exactly is RUF?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Today, 01:23 PM
Kinesis 996 vbmenu_register("postmenu_582340", true);

Ruf have a long list of history and is a very well known company for its excellent products. Their name however stand for one meaning and one meaning only.

Ripping
U
oFf

RUF.

Kinesis 996 = Clearly not a RUF fan... LOLOLOOLOL

Old 05-01-2006, 02:44 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I think this is the first thread that demonstrates some of the characteristics of what people thought were actually bad about this site when I first asked about it on rennlist. I had been till this thread really impressed with the great answers, advise, and knowledge everyone has shared. It is fun to make fun of people dont get me wrong but this kind of response to girth will really inhibit new porsche owners from asking questions without feeling stupid. remember no question is a stupid question.

I have enjoyed reading girths posts and questions as a new guy and have enjoyed the until now educated responses.... hopefully in the future it will stay that way and the response (mostly by guys not usually helpful anyway) will stop.

IMHO only of course... so I really dont need to hear any **** about my post either! (Vince, wross, Ben no offense, just cant agree with you guys beating him up on porsche questions, cause it will stop all the new guys from asking and that is really what this forum is all about, dont mean to sound like an old fart!!)

Oh and girth...the birth control thing was probably not necessary, until that point you were ok then you lowered yourself to their level....

ok off the soap box.......

Last edited by tom kerr; 05-01-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:55 PM
girthboy is infamous around these parts
Thanks to others and to Tom for your support & info. I was just blown away with such an insult from that bozo for no reason at all.

Old 05-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Kinesis 996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Ruf have a long list of history and is a very well known company for its excellent products. Their name however stand for one meaning and one meaning only.

Ripping
U
oFf

RUF.

Kinesis 996 = Clearly not a RUF fan... LOLOLOOLOL
I certainly have respect for Ruf. Any of their cars that come out of their factory are awesome. Still, the fact is RUF does stand for Ripping U oFf legally.

Ruf 1 peice wheels that is heavy and need a rear spacer in the back for any TT.

Ruf TT exhaust that is the same as stock but gutted out and charge for 10,000 CND for it.

I mean don't get me wrong their product is excellent and I love RUF. However you can not deny the fact that behind this successful company, their true secret behind their name is Ripping U oFf RUF.

Last edited by Kinesis 996; 05-01-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
I'm upset with the tone of this post, name calling, etc is lame.
Grow up guys..

I do have to say, I have 4 clients with RUF 996tt's. The way the rollbar is integrated into the headliner, the unique air inlets, they do have their own look and if you consider the cost to build something exactly like it, is expensive yes, but if expensive was not a problem, I'd certainly get one. RUF has rented out lifts at our dealership to modify and service their customers cars. They are very knowledgeable, kind people. No complaints on my end

Last edited by Brian Haske; 05-01-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:13 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
I think this is the first thread that demonstrates some of the characteristics of what people thought were actually bad about this site when I first asked about it on rennlist. I had been till this thread really impressed with the great answers, advise, and knowledge everyone has shared. It is fun to make fun of people dont get me wrong but this kind of response to girth will really inhibit new porsche owners from asking questions without feeling stupid. remember no question is a stupid question.

I have enjoyed reading girths posts and questions as a new guy and have enjoyed the until now educated responses.... hopefully in the future it will stay that way and the response (mostly by guys not usually helpful anyway) will stop.

IMHO only of course... so I really dont need to hear any **** about my post either! (Vince, wross, Ben no offense, just cant agree with you guys beating him up on porsche questions, cause it will stop all the new guys from asking and that is really what this forum is all about, dont mean to sound like an old fart!!)

Oh and girth...the birth control thing was probably not necessary, until that point you were ok then you lowered yourself to their level....

ok off the soap box.......
Ummmm...New guy with 252 posts...Please explain this. Also I think it is fine for someone to ask for specific information or opinions about RUF, but if you want general info. try google like everyone else and don't waste our time. I think most peoples replies were just being humorous so folks shouldn't take it so serious...of course there are always those that carry it too far.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:31 PM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
Originally Posted by Kinesis 996
I certainly have respect for Ruf. Any of their cars that come out of their factory are awesome. Still, the fact is RUF does stand for Ripping U oFf legally.

Ruf 1 peice wheels that is heavy and need a rear spacer in the back for any TT.

Ruf TT exhaust that is the same as stock but gutted out and charge for 10,000 CND for it.

I mean don't get me wrong their product is excellent and I love RUF. However you can not deny the fact that behind this successful company, their true secret behind their name is Ripping U oFf RUF.
yeah, those heavy Ruf wheels really slow it down.....

Once you factor in the quality of the product, the level of customer support, and the intrinsic value added to the vehicle, its really not that expensive. Their products are bulletproof, and are respected within the Porsche DEALER community...not always the case with other aftermarket tuners and warranty issues. How many companies would support their vehicle after the warranty period is up ? Ruf did it for me without any questions asked...they just wanted to get to the root of the problem as a matter of pride....worth it to me !

Old 05-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
yeah, those heavy Ruf wheels really slow it down.....

+ u can always change the wheels n sell the RUF ones if they bother you that much

Old 05-01-2006, 07:38 PM
glpdx is infamous around these parts
I have to agree with wross996tt. With 252 posts, is girthboy making fun of this forum with a question like this? girthboy, you've never been exposed to RUF in all your posts and threads? Or, are you just bored and trying to stir up something?

Old 05-01-2006, 08:16 PM
Wannabe
cig1 is infamous around these parts
I was lost and now I am found

Last edited by cig1; 05-01-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:22 PM
dyu2118 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RT7
It's a lyric from a song... 'How much is that doggy in the window? Ruf, Ruf'.
LMFAO!! Holy sh*t....I haven't laughed this hard in a while. Seriously, though, I think everyone in this thread was just trying to have a little fun. But if you're really making fun of him, give him a break....he was just trying to ask a question. There's no such thing as a stupid question. We're all here to help each other.

Last edited by dyu2118; 05-01-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:23 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
my 1st porsche was a 76 turbo many years ago, till the i thought all porsches were just vws with a body kit give the guy a break....any one know what a callaway corvette is ? when did corvette come out with fi? what Fi?

Old 05-01-2006, 10:42 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Ruf could be considered a coach builder that supplies performance conversions and upgrades for Porsche cars. It seems to me that the original poster wanted to clarify what exactly Ruf did as a company. I don't see anything wrong with that, regardless of how many posts he has. Almost every person who I've told that I'm buying a Ruf says, "oh, a Porsche?" and then I have to educate them as Fabryce has tried to do with Girth. Again, only a few amount of car enthusiasts know that Ruf build their own cars (complete with a Ruf VIN) as well as perform conversions and sell parts. AMG, although they will build complete vehicles to order (incredibly expensive by the way), still brand their cars as a Mercedes not an AMG.

I always thought that this board was pretty informative with a lot of positive comraderie...was I wrong?

Old 05-01-2006, 11:46 PM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
as i always need to have the last word (kidding) ...
i have these thoughts:
i friend/client of mine who is very intelligent and probably has more money than 99% of the people on this site, buys only Ruf stuff... he only buys the best and in his mind, Ruf is... i on the other hand, have never purchased any Ruf products, but i have respect for them.. If you really want to know about Ruf, ask Sol at Perfect Power.. he was/is a dealer..
speaking of respect, as with society, there are those on this site who are not respectful of others, but hopefully, they will learn as they mature...
no one on this site started life knowing all.. i am appreciative of all of those who have taken the time to "educate" me about things that i didn't know.. There truly is no "dumb" question.. and we truly learn from others..
These sites contribute to this "sharing" of knowledge..
i learned a long time ago, that when possible, if someone attacks me, i am better off trying to diffuse the situation rather than escalate it to another, more aggressive level.. yes, it does take some self control not to stoop to their level.. but usually, the aggressor will end up coming across as childish and immature.. because of their own insecurities and low self esteem.. .
bottom line: the aggressors ALWAYS look bad in these situations..
whoever said that "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it".. was right on the money..

Old 05-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Bruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the roughBruinbro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by JR.
i friend/client of mine who is very intelligent and probably has more money than 99% of the people on this site,
Is Bill G. a site member?

Originally Posted by JR.
whoever said that "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it".. was right on the money..
Err, that would be my mom.

Bro

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Newbie question...but what exactly is RUF?