996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The Best Porsche Aftermarket Diverter Valve ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
The Best Porsche Aftermarket Diverter Valve ?

Anyone here has tried different makes of diverter valves and found a difference in the performance of their car.

Below is a list of companies found that make diverter valves for the 966TT.

*EVOLUTION MOTORSPORTS
*BAILEY MOTORSPORT
*FORGE MOTORSPORT
*HYPERBOOST

Old 05-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Garey Cooper is infamous around these parts
As a personal user I have had the Forge Diverter Valves in my car (an '01) for three years. No problems in all of that time, although I wonder if they should be opened up for a little piston lube at this stage of the game?

The installation draw back to the Forge is that the vacuum lines run co-axially to the piston and therefore stick straight up from the valve. This can make attachment to the DV in the confines of the TT difficult. Others (and maybe now Forge?) have 90 degree bends in thier vacuum lines which makes the installation a little easier.

I'll let the experts chime in (I'm certainly not!) but I am not sure you would get a noticeable performance difference from different brands of diverter valves??? They should all at a minimum not break (like my original Bosch did) however.

Old 05-03-2006, 07:31 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Q8_TwinTurbo
Anyone here has tried different makes of diverter valves and found a difference in the performance of their car.

Below is a list of companies found that make diverter valves for the 966TT.

*EVOLUTION MOTORSPORTS
*BAILEY MOTORSPORT
*FORGE MOTORSPORT
*HYPERBOOST
Either of the first two that we all know works... had and installed both loads of times. The Forge ones require some maintenance (aka lubrication) now and again but do work. The Hyperboost I don't know enough about other than I know of their blow off valves. Good quality stuff too.

Old 05-03-2006, 08:03 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I think most have Bailey's or EVO. I have EVO and know many who have the Bailey's. I never heard of the last two and have also never heard of them mentioned or used so take that for what it's worth.

Old 05-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
I've had the Bailey's for 3+ years with no problems. Just an FYI...

Old 05-04-2006, 12:14 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
I have the Hyperboost for 1 year now,very pleased with them....

Old 05-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
How about the HKS one?

Old 05-05-2006, 02:57 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hamann7
How about the HKS one?
I thought they only made BOVs and not DVs? I suppose you can sorta make the SSQV work like a DV...

Old 05-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
Hamann7,

I ordered the HKS BOV kit made to fit the 996TT from SP ENGINEERING in CA. I never had it put in the car, for the reason that not many have used it. You can check it out on their website at WWW.SP-POWER.COM . Not sure of the advantages or disadvantages ?
you can find it faster;

* www.sp-power.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3632
* www.sp-power.com/projectcar_porsche_996.htm

Last edited by Q8_TwinTurbo; 05-05-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:45 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
My Bailey's are going in today,
EVOMS has very good ones too.

either will be better than the plastic/rubber thingies.

MK