996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Porsche's service is worse than Chevrolet's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 03:26 PM
Chris Y. is infamous around these parts
Ruiner...

Yes...they aren't exactly small volume...they are a M-Benz, Jaguar, Porsche, and Land Rover dealer...combined, I have bought over 30 cars from them in the last 10 years they have been in business. The sales guy is really nice to me and agrees the service isn't the best. The service advisor is some car guy who's been in the business for a while and isn't afraid of his job security...b/c he's been with the company so long...they aren't about to fire him. It's not that I'm totally disappointed, but compaired to the service I get at BMW and Benz, Porsche service is bad. Will I replace my fix for sports cars by buying a M3/M5/E55/SL 55 for a TT or GT2/3...Hell no. So until them...I'll just put up with the service in exchange for a great sports car!

Old 12-22-2003, 03:48 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Chris Y.
barebones...you guys actually get some kind of loaner??? I don't get anything...enterprise rent-a-car for a 100k car.
well i dont actually get the boxster evrytime, i usually get a boxster rental when i schedule my maintenance, but if i show up i often get an enterprise rent a crap car... lol then when the next available boxster shows up i trade it with my rent-a crap car...

hey chris Y what deaelr do u take it to? do u take it to pacific they give great customer service..

Old 12-22-2003, 03:56 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
hey chris Y. the dealer you bought your car seems like rusnak porsche in pasadena ca? did you buy your car from Jack weir? i bought y 996 from him and also my wife's audi, that is one salesman that i will do business witha again, no muss no fuss, just a staright shooter in my opinion,. no b.s. here, is yor car, here the discount and off you go...

i treed rusnak's service... once it was alright but it was too far a drive form me since i live in cerritos, which is close to orange county..

i have been and and out of pacific porsche in torrance, ca multiple times , due to an oil pressure inictaor warning light that comes out all the time, they have fixed, evreything i have requested, and ones that i didnt even know about, form a leaking cam cover, coolant lines, ratlles in the seat etc... their service has been great..

Old 12-22-2003, 04:05 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
My experience with Pacific

I had a dissapointing experience with my dealership Pacific Porsche lately. I had a problem recently again with my secondary air bank, this is the second time for this problem. Both times have been a simple fix, loose hose or clamp.

I had this problem resolved the first time through Pacific where I purchased my car, I had changed out my stock DV's with the BAiley DV's due to them not being able to figure out why my car was making the dreaded honking sound due to the stock Bosch were leaking. (honking) Dan the SA told me nothing is wrong they all make this noise. So I then just changed them out myself. Couldn't take the noise anymore progressively got louder.

Recently , I take the turbo back due to the same secondary air leak problem and Dan tells me that they can't work on the car due to the BAiley DV's causing the secondary leak, he considered this a modification and denied to work on the car due to the Bailey DV's.

I then take the turbo to another dealership Rusnak and have them look at the secondary air system, with out mentioning having the work done under warranty, and they immediately find a leak in a fitting. Simple change out of the fitting and alls well. This all done under warranty with out any fuss. The tech then tells me that the air leak had nothing to do with my Bailey DV's.

I then find out that they have been changing out the stock bosch DV's with the Bailey DV's as stock replacements! Dan from Pacific told me he considered the BAileys as a modified part!

Also had an Aerokit part that had been part of a recall notice that had been sitting there for months and no one called. The last time I had spoken to Dan about this he said it would be painted and he would call me when it's ready to be installed. Never heard back for months. I had to go down to Pacific to find out if the part had come in, it's been there for months and still had not been painted. Dan forgot all about the part and just sat there in the parts bin.

Rusnak had taken care of all this at one time with out even asking. They have a awsome service department.

Personally, I really like the guys at Pacific but have lost confidence in them.
I have come to the conclusion that Pacific isn't really upto what's going on or not really out to help the customer. I have sensed a resistance from them lately, I have heard this from other customers also. Have had good and bad experiences with them. Just thought I would share my personal experience with Pacific. I'm sure in the future this will make a difference in my choice of having them service and or make another purchase from them.

Old 12-22-2003, 04:12 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Which Rusnak OAK?

Old 12-22-2003, 04:18 PM
thanks for the headsup oak, i believe that dan does not work for pacific anymore, i used to get my car serviced by him, or don cant really remember hisname, now i get all my services through dominic, i havent had a compalint since

i do hope that you got your car fixed, oh by the wya are those sportec wheels on your car? they look awesome, i was planning on getting sportec wheels on my audi but, they were a bit heavy and pricey.. but they look absolutely stellar

Old 12-22-2003, 04:31 PM
racer63 is infamous around these parts
Joe,

I think we must use the same dealer. So far my experience with them has been about average. They are good at fixing things (which is half the battle). But you have to be careful or they'll charge you for sitting in the seat across from the service advisor.

Worse, the dealer where I purchased my car was nothing short of a crook. At this point I wouldn't buy a hot wheels car from those smucks. And like you, I fully informed Porsche in writing... and never got a response.

Strangely enough, I think I've only had once good dealer experience in my life. And that dealer was a Chevrolet dealer!

Old 12-22-2003, 05:24 PM
Joe West is infamous around these parts
Hmmm....

I actually LOVED my Lexus SC400 and the two LX-470 SUVs I had.
They were certainly better quality than the Porsche (in General) and I got better performance from their service department.

So... I'm not willing to trade service just because the car is a Porsche. For $130,000 I want twice as good as service as I receive from Lexus (since the vehicle cost twice as much... why not).

Settling for crappy service is why we are where we are with Porsche.

It is not a fair trade to me.

Originally posted by alamein
if we blame Porsche for poor service ... can't we blame Lexus/MBZ/Chevy/etc for making cars with no personality and road feel? ... we trade Lexus-type service for having awesome driving cars ... seems to be a fair trade to me.

Old 12-22-2003, 06:02 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
02barebones996, Dan is still there, atleast the last time I was there to order some parts last week. Dominic is the new SA working under Dan.

Thanks, I had the problem resolved by Rusnak. All taken care of. An air leak was detected from a fitting. From speaking to the tech at Rusnak, he mentioned that the BAiley DV's had nothing to do with the air leak. Dan had told me that because I had the Baileys they were causing the leak, I would have paid to have the problems solved. But Dan refused to work on my turbo because it had the BAileys. Which is BS, he just didn't want to deal with it.

Old 12-22-2003, 06:25 PM
Flypuck is infamous around these parts
I have had very dood service at The Collection in Miami eventhough I did not buy the car from them.

Old 12-23-2003, 11:07 AM
oak, im glad you got your problem resolved, i actually have my car there right now, they can't seem to find a pesky problem with my car, the oill pressure warning light seems to be coming on intermittently, then the oil pressure gauge falls to zero, then goes back up ina second... i thinkim gonna give porsche of north america a call soon... regarding this reaccuring problem...

Old 12-23-2003, 11:17 AM
oak
Originally posted by 02barebones996
oak, im glad you got your problem resolved, i actually have my car there right now, they can't seem to find a pesky problem with my car, the oill pressure warning light seems to be coming on intermittently, then the oil pressure gauge falls to zero, then goes back up ina second... i thinkim gonna give porsche of north america a call soon... regarding this reaccuring problem...
Personally it sounds like a minor problem. I would try another dealership before calling PMNA. Personally, I doubt PMNA would really do any thing. This is what I'm talking about, simple things that should be taken care of the first time.

Old 12-23-2003, 12:12 PM
if pacific cant find the problem this time , im thinking of tryinga another dealer maybe they have had a car witht he same problem, i have taken my car about6 times to the dealer regarding the oil pressure problem... hopefully it's just a faulty sensor and nothing really impt...

Old 12-23-2003, 12:50 PM
oak
02barebones996, Check your PM.