996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

News from AWE Tuning Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 03:36 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
And, for your argument pleasure, I present a graph of the two winning power curves overlayed.

Who really won? Remember, area under the curve wins!

Old 12-22-2003, 03:37 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
For direct dyno comparison the RED BEAST ran

586.7 HP

563.9 TQ

on the same Mustang 4 wheel drive dyno at GIAC.

Check my website to see the dyno sheet.

Congrats to Sean and Ken!

Old 12-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Thanks to everyone who showed up. We hope you had a great time.

Let me know if you would like to see any other graphs other than the ones that are sure to be scanned in by participants this evening!

Old 12-22-2003, 03:39 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Wow!!
COngrats Ken!
As a fellow Level 4 owner I am imoressed to say the least....I was expecting more from the RUF due to the constant hype about it. Was that RUF the 520 or 550 package?? Either way it is more like 600+!!
Time for the dragstrip guys
Todd @ AWE - when is your exhaust due for release?

Old 12-22-2003, 04:00 PM
Former Vendor
msindi:

We just finished our prototype on Friday, and were able to gain ove 20whp and 18whtq at this time, on a non-chipped 996TT, and ~22whp and 18 whtq on a GIAC chip.

We are massaging out a 2100 rpm drone, and will only release the system when it passes the sound level test. We do use a sound level meter when developing exhaust systems, so we will able to provide dBA curves of the final product.

The 996TT exhaust is our current #1 in house priority at this time, so expect a release very soon.

Old 12-22-2003, 04:05 PM
Former Vendor
Here's a graph that makes me chuckle. Overlay of a bone stock GT3 and a bone stock 996TT:

Torque or rpms? What's your pleasure?

Old 12-22-2003, 04:46 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Todd/AWE

Vincent's other Porsche, a 2003 996TT X50. Upsolute chip.

437 wheel horsepower, 446 wheel torque.
Funny...I got the exact same numbers with my upsolute non-x50! I do have an exhaust so that must have helped!

Great turnout...reminds me of one of our previous NJ meets.

Old 12-22-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by msindi

- Result #3 shows that X50 Upsolute and non-X50 Upsolute have the same HP (BSC996TTs number was also 437 wheel HP) and thus they are probably the same program! No wonder it lagged so badly on my X50...
Not the same program...i've got an exhaust which definitely helped my numbers. Look at David and Vinnie's numbers.

If im not mistaken, Vinnie is running just the ecu.

Last edited by BCS996TT; 12-22-2003 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:52 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Well, the dust has settled and I must say, I had a great time!!! Thank you once again Todd and Mike for a great day!! And thanks for lunch as well!! I would think it is safe to say that all parties enjoyed themselves.
Sean's car is simply amazing!! It is so funny how we actually knew the results in advance. Sean and I have driven together many times and we have always been essentially equal. Well, here is the proof!!
Certainly not taking anything away from Sean, but I expected a slightly higher number from my Stage 4 setup. Sean's car is rated at 550hp and my Stage 4 is rated at 600hp. I have heard of the RUF cars making more power than advertised but, man o man!!
My theory is that my wastegate on one turbo is not set correctly. When I first received the turbos from Stephen, one of the wastegate actuator rods was bent and the diaphragm actuator dented. Stephen promptly sent me a new one. I had to dismantle the wastegate rod and install the replacement. If any of you have seen the rod, it has about 2 inches of thread on it. I really don't know if I set it right and I have no way of testing it. Todd at AWE offered to do a pressure test on it for me and re-dyno the car to see if that is the culprit. We shall see!!

Rockitman's GT3 is another amazing car! I can't believe how much power that NA engine puts out!

David,
It was an absolute pleasure speaking with you.

Vinnie,
Ditto. You really need to join us on future meets, you are a lot of fun!

Sean,
As Ahnold says........I'll be back!!!

Kerry,
My old lip spoiler looks awesome on your car and the rear wing is also fantastic. Please......keep your wheels!!!!

I enjoyed seeing familiar faces and talking cars.

Old 12-22-2003, 04:58 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Oh, I almost forgot!!! We had a special guest at Dyno Day. Evan from Florida. He was up visiting his mother and hitched a ride with Rockitman from Albany!!! Talk about dedication. I guess it isn't that hard to convince yourself to take a drive in that car on a really nice day.

Having met Evan first hand, I have to say, he is a great guy. Notice I did notsay "kid". Admins, see what you can do with a probationary period or something. Nuf said.

Old 12-22-2003, 04:59 PM
According to the thread, the FVD car had the highest torque at 490! That's very impressive!

Old 12-22-2003, 05:07 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Todd and Mike - thanks for the pictures and the detailed results - you guys are def. an asset to 6speed - Great to have you guys onboard

Old 12-22-2003, 05:09 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Great to see the east coast having their own little Dyno Shoot out. Beautiful cars guys !!!!!

Old 12-22-2003, 05:24 PM
jcramair1 is infamous around these parts
Congrats guys and excellent numbers. For some strange reason I thought that the Stage 4 would put out more than the RUF but I think that something must be off with your car Ken. Anyway excellent turnout for all of you and I hope to see most of you at the National Meet. Maybe some of us Eastcoast guys can meet up on the way to IL.

Old 12-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Pistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these partsPistol is infamous around these parts
Thanks for forgetting about me

-Preeth

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: News from AWE Tuning Dyno Day