996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

News from AWE Tuning Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 05:35 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally posted by BCS996TT
According to the thread, the FVD car had the highest torque at 490! That's very impressive!
My mistake! Typo on the original post. FVD did 409 wheel tq.

Old 12-22-2003, 05:58 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Gosh, I wish I could have come. Doesn't anyone work?

Old 12-22-2003, 06:04 PM
Vinnie is infamous around these parts
Hey Everyone,

I had a blast and it was GREAT meeting every one of you, and thanks to AWE for hosting this awesome event. Every one of you are a class act.

Sean: Good thing you decided to make 3 pulls as you got more power on every run...had you decided to stop after one...Ken would have been the champ in BOTH catagories! :-)

Ken: I'm sure you will be back, hopefully with liquid cooled intercoolers. I'm looking forward to future events, but this time let's make it further north when I don't have snow tires on trying to chase you and Sean.

Chris: You need to come down more often, or maybe I meet you half way on the Thruway, you have one sweet car even with your home made bra :-) Sorry I was too short to shake your hand!

David: I hope you got home OK, traffic was a bear, maybe we should have just taken the Penn Trnpk :-) It was a pleasure to meet you and your son...sorry we stayed longer than we should have but I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

Evan: Very impressive ESP on HP numbers before the cars dyno'ed...you are a gentleman and not a 'kid'...now will you give me your rims? :-)

msindi: I have no exhaust on the car but hopefully if AWE gets their exhaust finished, I can add another 20-25HP to the car! :-)

Don't mean to leave anyone out but it was absolutely a great time and a pleasure meeting and speaking to you all!

Old 12-22-2003, 06:05 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
I knew that would happen!! I am sorry Preeth! No harm intended!! It was very nice to meet you as well!!

Old 12-22-2003, 06:12 PM
Rob
Rob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of lightRob is a glorious beacon of light
I wanted to say thanks to Mike and Todd from AWE for a great day. It was nice meeting the forum members and watching the dyno runs was awesome. All the cars were fun to watch but I especially enjoyed the GT3 (it seemed like it was reving higher and higher with no end! ) and Vincent's 993TT - at low RPM the car was accelerating the rollers a little slower than the 996TT's, then OMG, the car came up on boost and the power just exploded! Very cool.

Old 12-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Banned
stallion355 is infamous around these parts
Hey guys had a great time today...glad it worked out that I could meet you guys, since I probably won't have an opportunity like this again....
First of all, I would like to thank AWE for hosting this event. I really appreciate the food and drink and dyno experience. Was very nice to meet the staff and the facility is top notch!!! The 996TT exhaust that you guys are developing looked very promising...I like the idea of the 2 cans....should be different then anyone else!!!!

Ken:The car is amazing....simply that....amazing....that hood looked soo good in Seans rear view mirror Thanks for setting up this great event, you are the master planner!!! You have WAY too many gizmos and gadgets in that damn car
Sean:The car is freakin AWESOME, the RUF exhaust is my new favorite exhaust seeing as outside it sounded amazing and inside I could barely hear it!!!!! Thank you very much for the ride....very thrilling
Pistol:Great to finally put the face to the name I have been talking to for so long...you really is a PIMP
Vinny:Both of your cars were amazing...I esp. liked the 993TT I still love that wale tale...and of course I love the Fac. areo on the 996TT NO YOU CAN"T HAVE MY HRE's
Dave:Car was very nice...very impressive numbers with that $500 chip
Alex:Great to meet you....Your car was stunning and it was nice to meet a person whose name I hear throw around the office quite a bit...sorry I didn't get a chance to look at that car for Bryan, but I will have him give you a call about it this week. TIME TO UPGRADE TO THE NEW TURBOS AND SOFTWARE
Rob:Your car looked amazing....how you can keep a black car that clean in winter is beyond belief!!!!! Very nice to meet you!!!
And the best for last:
Chris:Thank you so much for the ride there and back in your awesome GT3...you are a great guy and have a great car!!!! Glad your numbers came out higher then expected!!! I can't wait to hear it next time I am up here with the Europipe!!! My buddy Eli said he will car sit your car any time
I hope I didn't leave anyone out, if I did trust me it is not intentional, I am just very very tired....
Best Regards,
Evan (the notorious gangsta )
SO KEN!!! WHAT IS THE CONVERSION FROM WHEEL TO FLY HP?!?!?
Please admins do not ban this account as this is my friends and he was nice enought to let me make one post to thank all these people and AWE for a great day....

Last edited by stallion355; 12-22-2003 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:26 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by buddyg
For direct dyno comparison the RED BEAST ran

586.7 HP

563.9 TQ

on the same Mustang 4 wheel drive dyno at GIAC.

Check my website to see the dyno sheet.

Congrats to Sean and Ken!

Stage 5 Showoff!!!

Old 12-22-2003, 08:49 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Wowaaa!!! What a Day...

Ken, Vinnie, Evan, David, Sean, Rob, Preeth, Alex...It was great meeting you all today...and I have made some great new friends who are helplessly obsessed with Porsche's. I can't think of anything that is more Fun!!!! I so look forward to meeting up with you guys for more meets in 2004. Happy Holiday's to all of you.

Todd and Mike, thank you very much for your hospitality and professionalism. I felt very welcome and look forward to visiting you guys again once my exhaust and air intake mods have been completed. Happy holiday's to both of you.

Well I have to say, after watching the video I took of the cars hitting critical mass on the dyno, I am left with "Porsche Permagrin". I will endeaver to get the video edited and copied to cd...I will be more than happy to send the participants copies for their leisure enjoyment.

Best regards to everyone and Happy Holidays 6 speed!!!

Old 12-22-2003, 08:54 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Great thread Todd, I had work and wouldnt have been able to attend anyway, thanks for sharing.

Old 12-22-2003, 09:11 PM
My GT3 Dyno Video

Provided by Todd and Mike at AWE...Thanks guys!!!

http://awe-tuning.com/pages/gallery/...deos/index.cfm

Old 12-23-2003, 04:18 AM
Sean is infamous around these parts
what can I say.....

Firstly, mega thx and appreciation to Mike and Todd at AWE for being graciously hospitable hosts. I plan to purchase a VW in Feb and will surely take it to AWE for chip enhancement…..impressive facility w/ knowledgeable & professional staff!

Mega thx to Ken for orchestrating the meet and dyno shoot out....he represents the best among us on this board....a true scholar and a gentleman!!

I enjoyed meeting the posse assembled; Alex, Chris, Evan, David, Preeth, Rob & Vinnie. Evan we particularly appreciate you making the special guest appearance...enjoyed your company on the ride back to NJ.

I genuinely think that Ken’s car has capacity for more horse power as he noted in previous post….I would expect him to surpass the Ruf when he works out the kinks. As for the Ruf RT conversion, I am happy with its performance and was surprised that it produced more than advertised.

Wishing you and all on the Board a happy holiday season and the best for ’04!

Old 12-23-2003, 04:23 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally posted by msindi
Wow!!
COngrats Ken!
As a fellow Level 4 owner I am imoressed to say the least....I was expecting more from the RUF due to the constant hype about it. Was that RUF the 520 or 550 package?? Either way it is more like 600+!!
Time for the dragstrip guys
Todd @ AWE - when is your exhaust due for release?
Expecting more from the Ruf? Gotta be kidding. Sean's as bought 550 HP package is doing over 600 at the crank. Let's see if anyone else's package is that conservative. More like the other way around, I think. Also, it was briefly mentioned but i believe his was the only car to get STRONGER with successive runs and not lose power, which is the ultimate real-world necessity. I hope that Ken or Sean makes it to the national meet so a true "direct comparison" with Buddy's #'s can happen. For now we know who the paper tigers are.

Old 12-23-2003, 04:44 AM
Sean is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Red Devil
I hope that Ken or Sean makes it to the national meet so a true "direct comparison" with Buddy's #'s can happen.
There are three people I know for certain will drive from Jersey to the national meet...Ken, Tony and me.....we'll be in da house for sure!!!

Old 12-23-2003, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Sean
There are three people I know for certain will drive from Jersey to the national meet...Ken, Tony and me.....we'll be in da house for sure!!!
It would be very hard for me to miss the chicago meet. Something like a blown engine would be the only thing that would stand in the way of me attending...

Albany, NY to Chicago is only 815 miles a mere 12 1/2 hour drive @ Mapquest speeds... So if we travel at Ken and Sean's ticket avoidance speeds, 9 1/2 hours is more like it...

Old 12-23-2003, 06:39 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Rockitman,

You guys should all be proud of your numbers. Each and every car was very impressive. I just posted for comparison. This kind of event only builds enthusiasm for the National Event!

Hope to meet all of you there!

Congrats to all you guys all have sweet rides!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: News from AWE Tuning Dyno Day