996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

motor oil

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 10:28 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
I wonder why you refuse to use Porsche's diverter valves since, according to you, Porsche engineers are the best? Are YOU saying you are smarter that they are?

Ah, nice edit sir.

Actually they updated these as well. Do you know how or with what? They do not use the same valve that they did when they first released the car. This is one of about 220 parts they changed in the last 5 years of production.

I do use one on my 930.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:36 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
I have an answer Jim, I am waiting for you to tell the masses so that we know you actually have fact/proof/data on something. Normally your responses are canned and regurgitated from another keyboard war.

An independent thinker is not one that portrays himself as an mechanic, engineer or wrench when they are not. You notice you are always in conflict with everyone. Is there a reason for that or is the world always wrong in your eyes? Are you the only one that believes the keyboard trail you weave? Maybe another screen name will pop up now, eh?

An *******…LOL, funny guy. I like to pass that up and go straight to *****. I will let you know when I get there though. Can’t let you have all the fun can we? You don’t know me very well. I haven’t started. Lord do you ever get sick of hearing yourself rant and the only one…give it a rest already.
Still no answer? Maybe you can do a little research and come up with something. In a healthy debate, people will normally explain why they have a specific postion. But in this case, all you can do is try to demean the other side rather than try to defend yourself. A sure sign of weakness in your position.

How about those Porche diverter valves you refuse to use? Any defense of that or are you trying to avoid addressing it? Porche knows all things oil but knows nothing about diverter valves? Seems to me you like to pick and choose what Porsche does and does not do well and what things you can choose to make an independent decision on, but none of us can make such a decision if it differs with yours.

Glad to see you spent some of your evening reviewing my past posts. I hope you were able to learn something from them.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:50 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
1999 seriously! I'm convinced you have a screw missing somewhere.

Why do you persist in taking the **** out of yourself mate! when you look at this thread (plus others) you don't even make sense most of the time. It's like you get off on it! Are you doing rude things? Are you a weirdo?

Old 05-11-2006, 10:54 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Still no answer? Maybe you can do a little research and come up with something. In a healthy debate, people will normally explain why they have a specific postion. But in this case, all you can do is try to demean the other side rather than try to defend yourself. A sure sign of weakness in your position.
Seems to me he has offered a number of technical reasons. And given experiences from working on the cars.

How about those Porche diverter valves you refuse to use? Any defense of that or are you trying to avoid addressing it? Porche knows all things oil but knows nothing about diverter valves? Seems to me you like to pick and choose what Porsche does and does not do well and what things you can choose to make an independent decision on, but none of us can make such a decision if it differs with yours.
You mean Porsche DV's...every car manufacturer must make decisions as to where "cut costs" and where not to. These decisions are constantly questioned...sometimes the engineers do NOT make the final decision as with any company seeking to make money.

Glad to see you spent some of your evening reviewing my past posts. I hope you were able to learn something from them.
It does not take any time to review your posts as they are always the same...regarding oil. I still like hearing your opinions though, I just don't think the oil thing is that big of a deal.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:59 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry Jim, My wife walked in with a bottle of wine and the boys are in bed. So while you may be cute to someone you would probably be the ugliest girl friend a guy could have. I have answered your questions in other post. Pressure hot dog….pressure. I have better debates with my 4 and 7 year old. At least they try to site actual facts.

In answer to your question on the DV. Aside from spelling maybe you don’t read the English language well either.. There was a change in the DVs. The critical part comes when the ECU is modified. It is no longer an issue of FOD rather a leak. So unless you are running a modified ECU (read more boost) you are fine. Can you tell me why the DVs were changed and in what regard? No, I do not pick and choose. Your argument is a terrible attempt to debate the subject. One is caused by a modification and has hard proof( I have pictures if you want them). Your debate is on theories that you have conspired to make up. (I have pictures and data to prove other wise, as well as Porsche, Audi, VW and so on.)

I am sorry. Your debate is not much of a debate. You have no facts, no data, no proof on most of what you speak. You entered and exited the debate on the thrust issue only after you suggested it was the oil and the rest of us passed over it like a wise crack by the dork at the end of the bar. Oil issue on a single bearing? No, you couldn’t answer that debate. Even after I posted 6 sets of bearings from 6 different 996 motors.

I actually don’t mind messing with you hot dog. It is kind of fun. I get to deal with people like you on a daily basis in my other hobby not related to cars.

Often you will sit behind a key board and switch screen names to win a senseless debate that you have made up is fact. Like the ECU feed back issue that you tried to debate. You dumped out of that when I asked if you could read a schematic and posted pictures of my scope reading. You obviously missed that one because if you actually had a schematic (not a flow chart they are different) and understood what all the uses of a Z diode were and how they are effected in a circuit you would have not even poked your head in that debate.

I won’t go anywhere near the EVO air box debate and what causes the maf to spike. We already know what the few issues have been as related to the 700 cars. Again after looking at the system and driving it every day (my own mule) we know exactly when and what causes it….not the programming.. Sorry.

So let me pose this….if you have vast knowledge of this conspiracy please post a picture of these failed engines from M_O_B_I_L_1 or as you say water…I have posted many times pictures of bearings, cranks, cases, failed Tappets and so on. I can show you a cam tensioner but unfortunately there is nothing to see since it is a bulky sealed unit and failure is in lock out. But you knew that didn't you?

Another question before I eagerly await a dime retort. Is every list you are on full of idiots and you are the one shining star here to save us all from the terrible German car companies. Is it possible that the earth stops rotating when you lay your head on your pillow? Sheez. I learn something new every day. You can’t be so old that you stared in grumpy old men.

You are not related to Napoleon Dynamite and had to fight off 50 wolverines did you??

I feel sorry for you Jim. Maybe going back to push rod motors and hot rods isn't such a bad idea. For the rest of the readers I am sorry for my tone, but sheez a guy can only take so much.

Last edited by PorschePhd; 05-12-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:35 AM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Stephen, when I was discussing oil weight with 1999 I THOUGHT he had a Porsche repair facility like you. Apparantly, he does NOT! I think guys like him thrive on making people pissed off and that is the sole purpose of his existance. I`m sorry you were so angry (I agree with you) but you have more important things to do like drinking that wine with you wife! Wouldn`t it be better if we all IGNORE him,(1999) giving him no life at all?

Old 05-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Miker,

As I think most do. That is the problem with boards. You can be who ever what ever you want...Who would know? ..A little investigating goes a long way though..

I actually wasn't mad, takes a lot for me to get there. Fed up? Yes! I was actually having fun with it even though it looks as if I was not

Old 05-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Miker, I'm with you. Stephen's experience/fact based opinions are very valuable. I think pretty much everyone on this board has a great deal of respect for Stephen's knowledge about these cars. Personally I've learned quite a bit from Stephen's posts and always look forward to reading them. It takes much more than a key board and a computer screen to be an expert.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:24 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Stephan: You mean projects like this one? I know it's a little more high performance than most normally work on, but we didn't put 0W40 in IT either. As you get older, you'll find that you should really know the background of the person you judge before making a fool of yourself. Some of us have no desire to open our lives to people we don''t know. Other's DO have that need for business purposes as well as EGO. Simply having a business card with your name on it does not give you the knowledge or experience you need. Nor, does not having that card take away from your knowledge and expereince.

If you can rebuild the valvetrain on this baby, you know all there is to know about the importance of using the proper oil.

Last edited by 1999Porsche911; 12-28-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Again with the spelling! It is Stephen, not Stephan. That’s it Jim? That is as good as you can do..I hung out with my buddies while they built this car does not mean that you gain knowledge by osmosis. I certainly have nothing to prove as my posts clearly point out with pictures and real data. You can continue to blovate and be added to the list of internet experts. You are not in the industry and that is a fact. You don’t need to make your life public. It is easily called out when one starts to look around Jim Q. You interpret experience and knowledge as Ego. That is interesting. I have no ego, I am confident and often those lacking something in their personality mistake that confidence as an ego. Call it what you will. You say ego, my track record speaks other.

Since you are in the Midwest…drop by some time. We will compare notes and stories. Hell, I will even offer you a beer. You are really entertaining.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
Again with the spelling! It is Stephen, not Stephan. That’s it Jim? That is as good as you can do..I hung out with my buddies while they built this car does not mean that you gain knowledge by osmosis. I certainly have nothing to prove as my posts clearly point out with pictures and real data. You can continue to blovate and be added to the list of internet experts. You are not in the industry and that is a fact. You don’t need to make your life public. It is easily called out when one starts to look around Jim Q. You interpret experience and knowledge as Ego. That is interesting. I have no ego, I am confident and often those lacking something in their personality mistake that confidence as an ego. Call it what you will. You say ego, my track record speaks other.

Since you are in the Midwest…drop by some time. We will compare notes and stories. Hell, I will even offer you a beer. You are really entertaining.

As I expected your response would be. No sense in continuing this anymore. By the way, you seem so hung up on spelling. Maybe you can tell us what BLOVATE is? Maybe it's not English or could you have simply made a typo while using the keyboard. Unlike you, I won't deduct points from your knowledge of cars because you make a mistake now an then.

And, actually, I AM in the industry, BIG TIME.

Last edited by 1999Porsche911; 05-12-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:13 PM
LOL, can't find it in the dictionary can you.. LOL, I would have put a 100.00 on you actually finding the answer or origin of the word. Sorry, you will have to look harder than that. You think I am going to enlighten you? Sorry. Not a chance.

When you want to debate and bring real proof to the table and answer the questions that have been presented to you then we would love for you to come back. Show us how your long term data and engine exploration has delivered data to support your stance. I have asked on many occasions and even tried to lead you into an answer and you can’t do it and often end up in a spat much like this one. So my point is…we will consider your points of view with a stronger sense of reality when you actually start to work on them. For some unknown reason you want to keep getting in arguments and then get upset when proof is put on the table and you have no other retort then “because I said so”. Then to back up your stance with false screen names only adds to your lack of creditability.

I feel bad for you, I really do. Out of your 700 post most of those are in disagreement with someone. That is no way to live. You can add 10 years to your life by simply being real and avoid the hostility.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:48 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
This is the exact same situation I found myself in Stephen! You just let him get on with it!

The Guys a looney! I would love to see what he looks like...

Last edited by 996TT_STEVO; 11-11-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:31 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
OK forget about my advice on IGNORING 1999~~~~I`m having some wine!!!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Here is Pic of Mr. Quinlan

Ok, maybe not really but if I was a betting man. GOSH!

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: motor oil