996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Los Angeles Warps Your Sense Of Reality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Mad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to allMad Swami is a name known to all
Last night while driving back home from work I saw an AM DB9, AM Vanquish (couldn't tell if it was the regular one or the S), a yellow Gallardo, buncha 911s and a F360... I kinda hung back behind the Vanquish on PCH all the way till Santa Monica... such a glorious exhaust note. It was interesting keeping up with the POS rental I have right now .

Old 05-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Stocktriggers
Hey SHARKSTER ... that's a riot!!!!!!!!! I also seem to be getting cut off by more vans, etc. than ever before!! Maybe that's cause I'm driving faster now?!?! hmmmmm But there's also a line of guys (and girls at times) hanging out of there windows at traffic lights DROOLING, and lots of camera phone picture takers too. I never noticed that before.

Craig
Originally Posted by Amir
Hey SHARKSTER ... that's a riot!!!!!!!!! I also seem to be getting cut off by more vans, etc. than ever before!! Maybe that's cause I'm driving faster now?!?! hmmmmm But there's also a line of guys (and girls at times) hanging out of there windows at traffic lights DROOLING, and lots of camera phone picture takers too. I never noticed that before.

Craig

Craig

Old 05-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-13-2006, 03:32 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I can't stop looking at that picture. I feel drunk.... Craig, you're going to cause me nightmares.

Do you have the car back yet? You still owe me a ride!

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 05-13-2006 at 03:35 AM.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:37 AM
Banned
Chaapa'ai is infamous around these parts
Tis' sad really... All those nice cars sitting in LA traffic and when they can finally "open them up" they are limited to 65mph. In germany, the average 2 liter Opel station wagon does 100+ mph and did I mention that in my neck of the woods there is little to no traffic. Thinking about moving back to the US makes me somewhat depressed.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:46 AM
lexpro is a jewel in the roughlexpro is a jewel in the roughlexpro is a jewel in the rough
Life in LA is a parody of life in the rest of the country. Even the deadbeats do things on the grandest scale. Here's a story about a $2mm watch that Michael Jackson apparently pawned to cover living expenses. Craig, that must have been one hell of a watch.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:18 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lexpro
Life in LA is a parody of life in the rest of the country. Even the deadbeats do things on the grandest scale. Here's a story about a $2mm watch that Michael Jackson apparently pawned to cover living expenses. Craig, that must have been one hell of a watch.
Yes, it was one hell of a watch!!! Vacheron Constantine King Kalla. Not my cup of tea, but plenty of bling for the MJ crowd.

Craig

Old 05-13-2006, 03:04 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I rarely see anything exotic around here. Once in a great while I will see another 996 turbo. Once downtown I saw a 360!

Not much traffick here either!

Old 05-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
hey buddy, do you still have the link to your crazy police chasing escapade?

Old 05-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
A couple of weeks ago a guy here in town bought a 996TT, I've seen it once... Besides that, we've got NOTHING!!! Every other car is a Volvo.

I would literally brake my neck if I ever went to LA.

Old 05-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Tommy Vercetti is infamous around these parts
Some guy revved on me in his SRT4 the other day, I was like whoa and exotic.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Tommy Vercetti is infamous around these parts
Seriously though I bounce btw S Fla where my primary residence is and my two homes in S Cali. One is in Ranch Santa Fe, the other in Palm Springs

I know S cali is "the car place" but they all must be hiding when I am there. In Palm beach county on any given day it is crazy. Yesterday w/ 2 mins I had a lambo parade go by. A Gallardo SE, topless Murci (first for me on that one) some asian guy about 30 w/ a red baseball cap was in it, and a very very very old school 80's Lambo Countach 5000 S that looked like it just came off a showroom floor. I was like OMFG. Oh the plate on the Countach said "MR BAD 2" haha he also has a Viper w/ MR BAD 1 lol.

At a pizza place last night in my little village we had not one but two 550 M Barchellos, hell they only imported what 200 of those. And to boot one got w/in 1 inch of geting it's *** end knocked off when he backed it up and a lady in a Lex LS430 going by clipped it. My heart was in my throat as I saw it happening. My wife was yelling at the F guy STOP STOP STOP haha.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:38 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
on my way to work today, I got cut off by an 88 Cressida, a 2004 Civic Si, a Prelude with a fart can and some minivan (the make I did not catch).
, Damn Alex thats' too funny!!!

Old 05-15-2006, 01:55 AM
UBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really nice
I posted these pics on Rennteam of cars at the Gumball finish in Beverly Hills. As my friend and I were walking around the cars, I couldn't help but think, "so what, I see these cars every day."

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...&page=0#223148

Old 05-15-2006, 02:15 AM
capn jackass is infamous around these parts
Yay for Southern California!

Yeah...exotics...well, around my neck of So Cal (Rowland Heights), not so much, but still there.

-My neighbor owns a black Murcielago, among other things that I could stare at all day
-My friend's neighbor (across from him) owns a red F360
-The guys around him own all kinds of Porsches
-There are 2 NSX's (not so exotic, but nice nontheless) in the neighborhood
-There's always another red F360 driving around
-Once in a while a Bergundy 612 Scaglietti pops by
-Guy who lives down from my friend owns a 996TT and a blue Elise
-Someone around here owns a silver-ish 6.0
-Been seeing more and more F360's now (yellow one and black one not too far back)

Other than that, just a bunch of MB'z and Lexuses. And Civics and Toyotas. Love the Subarus that pop by, though. It's pretty cool to see all of it.

I went over to Malibu one day for a wedding and lost count of P-Cars. There was an F360 and an Elise (first one I saw in Cali) too...oh and an old Alfa Romeo. I liked it.

But yeah.

I looove So. Cal. ... where you can find expensive cars, and even more expensive gas.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Warps Your Sense Of Reality