996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Los Angeles Warps Your Sense Of Reality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 02:49 AM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lexpro
Life in LA is a parody of life in the rest of the country. Even the deadbeats do things on the grandest scale. Here's a story about a $2mm watch that Michael Jackson apparently pawned to cover living expenses. Craig, that must have been one hell of a watch.
Yeah, it is pretty funny. I can't tell you how many guys in Glendale have a $45,000/year job yet are driving a Porsche. I ask them where they live & they still live at home with their parents. Every penny they make goes to a car & going out on the weekends. I have seen guys that were in their mid-late 30's driving Porsche Turbos, but still live at home with mommy & daddy. Cracks me up.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:56 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by capn jackass
Yay for Southern California!

Yeah...exotics...well, around my neck of So Cal (Rowland Heights), not so much, but still there.

-My neighbor owns a black Murcielago, among other things that I could stare at all day
-My friend's neighbor (across from him) owns a red F360
-The guys around him own all kinds of Porsches
-There are 2 NSX's (not so exotic, but nice nontheless) in the neighborhood
-There's always another red F360 driving around
-Once in a while a Bergundy 612 Scaglietti pops by
-Guy who lives down from my friend owns a 996TT and a blue Elise
-Someone around here owns a silver-ish 6.0
-Been seeing more and more F360's now (yellow one and black one not too far back)

Other than that, just a bunch of MB'z and Lexuses. And Civics and Toyotas. Love the Subarus that pop by, though. It's pretty cool to see all of it.

I went over to Malibu one day for a wedding and lost count of P-Cars. There was an F360 and an Elise (first one I saw in Cali) too...oh and an old Alfa Romeo. I liked it.

But yeah.

I looove So. Cal. ... where you can find expensive cars, and even more expensive gas.
sounds like u must know jimmy the www.jimmy540i.com

Old 05-15-2006, 09:05 AM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
Ya i see these cars on a daily basis...

But to the OP - that is still not normal to see that many in one trip, i live in bev hills/ century city and don't see as many as that in one go.

And ya, to the idiots that are making <100k and driving p-car's, living at home, what morons. I am 22, a home owner, just bought an s2k and am completely independent

Old 05-16-2006, 07:16 AM
Banned
Chaapa'ai is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LABrit
Ya i see these cars on a daily basis...

But to the OP - that is still not normal to see that many in one trip, i live in bev hills/ century city and don't see as many as that in one go.

And ya, to the idiots that are making <100k and driving p-car's, living at home, what morons. I am 22, a home owner, just bought an s2k and am completely independent
Some one give this guy a cookie. He is 22 and independent. WOWZA.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:45 AM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Chaapa'ai
Some one give this guy a cookie. He is 22 and independent. WOWZA.
?

Old 05-17-2006, 11:53 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
LABrit,

Congrats on your home ownership by the age of 22. I wish I could have said the same.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:01 PM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
The other night I was getting off the 101 @ Highland and saw 2 Bentley GTs in line at a red light to my left and a 996tt to my right.

When I was young (like 4 or 5 years old) my father and I would play a game where if you spotted a porsche you would yell "P" or Ferrari "F" (I'm sure you get the idea). We lived in Fairfield county Ct. this game could not be played in L.A. as we'd both likely go horse.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Porscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of lightPorscheboy16 is a glorious beacon of light
Threads like these make me want to move to SoCal.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
LABrit,

Congrats on your home ownership by the age of 22. I wish I could have said the same.
Thank you Robert, you have obviously done rather well for yourself and provide young guys like me with plenty of ambition a great deal of inspriation to work hard! I believe we work in connected fields.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:39 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Coming to work warps my sense of reality-

This was an average day at the shop...

430 Spyder-F1 Daytona seats- etc etc 19/22" cargraphic exhaust
CGT Silver
CGT black
Cayenne TT Cargraphic
Cayenne TT S
87 959 Sport
996TT x 4 all various stages of build...
996TT Club Sport - under construction
GT2cs (GMG owned)
360 Stradale
Cup Cars x 4 02-x1/ -04 x2 /03 x1
996SC
993TT
993TTS

Living in this part of Orange County (NPB area) you tend to see alot of these "common" cars.

Its like coming to a strip club with the hottest chicks - only difference you get to touch hahahahahaahha IMHO....

Old 05-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Fantastic^^^

The building i work at has quite a few exotics, a guy has a black murci and a black 430 spyder with similar plates, he is a true baller!

Old 05-18-2006, 11:45 AM
egbert is infamous around these parts
The journey to work in the City of London (financial area) at 7am is basically populated by a long line of 911's of varying vintage.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:32 PM
4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by egbert
The journey to work in the City of London (financial area) at 7am is basically populated by a long line of 911's of varying vintage.
Yeah the City is pretty wild by European standards.

Not so special if compared to SoCal but hey it beats Amsterdam .

Attached Images     
Old 05-19-2006, 01:08 AM
Virtigo is infamous around these parts
This last Saturday I took my grandma out for an early mothers day lunch in the TT Cab with the top down. Then we cruised PCH from Newport Beach to Laguna Beach. She asked me why I sold my less than year old C6 Vert for my Porsche TT Cab.

ONE of the reasons I told her was you see Corvettes everywhere. In central Orange County I see Corvettes and now C6 Z06 Corvettes around every corner! But besides the occasional Boxster the P cars are pretty rare.

Well on our little cruise down PCH all we saw was P cars!! Well P cars and F cars not to mention a G car, you get the point! But I had to point out to her that we did not see one TT!!! LOL

Old 06-01-2006, 08:27 PM
VRAlexander
Now lets look at the Streetracing scene in LA...Here is our 6Speeder PAKISHO racing his vette... http://media.putfile.com/Supra-vs-Su...vs-Venom-Viper

Last edited by VRAlexander; 06-01-2006 at 08:34 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Los Angeles Warps Your Sense Of Reality