996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Stolen GT2 Wheels & Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 11:37 PM
seh1 is infamous around these parts
wheel fencing business

cgm,

just got back from a long day outside to this...

i don't know you so maybe i didn't have the right to joke, but:

i cut/pasted the tire description in the fs section directly from your description, and added a smily with shades. i felt this would simply bring a smile for a few seconds and thats that. got your pm, hehehe, sadsu is one i'm adding to my list...glad you got it.

if you're in a bind i have a gt2 set you can borrow for free for a while (all you sherlocks cool your jets, these are not black, nor recently sandblasted/painted, hehehe). i will have to remove the ****ty non-track rubber though if you're putting your 700-plus ponies through them.

to all you others: sorry to see it wasn't obvious. i've transacted with and met with members of this board in the bay area, new york, and miami. tracked with many as well. i'm sure someone can reference my not being in the wheel fencing business.

i guess an apology of sorts is in order, along with some confusion that this was not more obvious...

anyway, sorry...

Last edited by seh1; 05-15-2006 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:20 AM
cgmeredithjr is infamous around these parts
Angry

Originally Posted by seh1
cgm,

just got back from a long day outside to this...

i don't know you so maybe i didn't have the right to joke, but:

i cut/pasted the tire description in the fs section directly from your description, and added a smily with shades. i felt this would simply bring a smile for a few seconds and thats that. got your pm, hehehe, sadsu is one i'm adding to my list...glad you got it.

if you're in a bind i have a gt2 set you can borrow for free for a while (all you sherlocks cool your jets, these are not black, nor recently sandblasted/painted, hehehe). i will have to remove the ****ty non-track rubber though if you're putting your 700-plus ponies through them.

to all you others: sorry to see it wasn't obvious. i've transacted with and met with members of this board in the bay area, new york, and miami. tracked with many as well. i'm sure someone can reference my not being in the wheel fencing business.

i guess an apology of sorts is in order, along with some confusion that this was not more obvious...

anyway, sorry...
Ha Ha. Seriously though, if anyone sees a widebody 996 (TT, C4S, GT2,) at the track running black GT2 sized wheels with Pirelli slicks, they could be mine...give me a call. I HATE theft, and being the owner of a cash business (car washes), unfortunately I have to deal with it all the time...it really sucks.

Cleve

Old 05-15-2006, 09:12 AM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
Cleve, I also have a set of stock GT2's you can borrow mounted on pilot sports. I have met with Sean (seh1) and he is a stand up guy. I'm sure he was only joking around with the guys. It sucks that this happened and it was probably an inside job. Myself being in the trucking business deal with the theft's all the time. Good luck finding these loser's, let's all keep an eye out!!

Old 05-15-2006, 09:12 AM
ExtinctM3 has a spectacular aura aboutExtinctM3 has a spectacular aura about
If it's any consolation your car looks really cool....What's it like to drive on the track with 700HP?

Old 05-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
Damn, Cleve, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep a lookout in the area and put some feelers out inside the racing scene around here in Atlanta. Good luck!

Old 05-15-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by ExtinctM3
If it's any consolation your car looks really cool....What's it like to drive on the track with 700HP?
Very Exciting!

Old 05-15-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Ruiner
Damn, Cleve, I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep a lookout in the area and put some feelers out inside the racing scene around here in Atlanta. Good luck!
Thanks for any help. When is the next mountain drive?

Cleve 404-226-9766

Old 05-15-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by TonyNJ
Cleve, I also have a set of stock GT2's you can borrow mounted on pilot sports. I have met with Sean (seh1) and he is a stand up guy. I'm sure he was only joking around with the guys. It sucks that this happened and it was probably an inside job. Myself being in the trucking business deal with the theft's all the time. Good luck finding these loser's, let's all keep an eye out!!
Tony,

The 2004 factory GT2 set is still on the car. Thanks for the offer. I'll be checking with my insurance cmpany to see if the ones that were stolen are covered, unfortunately, I think my deductible is $5K.

Cleve

Old 05-15-2006, 10:02 AM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cgmeredithjr
Tony,

The 2004 factory GT2 set is still on the car. Thanks for the offer. I'll be checking with my insurance cmpany to see if the ones that were stolen are covered, unfortunately, I think my deductible is $5K.

Cleve

Cleve,

Good luck, and get that beast ready for me.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:32 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
well, how about them CF/Magnesium dymags as a replacement. Nothing nicer than losing a little unsprung weight. Combined with your PCCB's, the unsprung weight of that set-up would be ridiculous!!! Imagine these with the centers painted black, who's good at photoshop? Somebody in the Dymag thread said these measuring 18x9 weigh only 14lbs.!

Old 05-16-2006, 07:12 AM
Banned
Chaapa'ai is infamous around these parts
This reminds me.. I have one set of gt2 rims and tires for sale. Please send zip code for shipping quote. These will be shipping from Georgia.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:01 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Cleve,
Sorry to hear and good luck.
I cannot imagine having my 19" Champions stolen,
I think I might cry, good luck in finiding them or a suitable replacement.

Marty K.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:30 PM
zona is infamous around these partszona is infamous around these parts
Cleve,

I sent you a PM!

Thanks
-z

Old 06-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
Useless people!

Old 06-27-2006, 04:21 AM
Banned
Chaapa'ai is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gabriel
Useless people!
Actually these people aren't useless otherwise there would be no market for stolen goods. Just as there is good there must be bad people. Day/Night, Postive/Negative, etc.. Doesn't excuse the fact though that it sucks to be the victim.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stolen GT2 Wheels & Tires