996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

fuel pressure regulator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 10:44 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
fuel pressure regulator

At what horsepower can the stock FPR handle? When should you upgrade? What type of an upgrade and which company?

Old 05-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
stock I say $520 HP. 5 bar is 600 to 640 max.
I have a secret that todd K shared with me so I know where to get them for $80.
u can always go with the regulated one- $230

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a little confused. Do you upgraded the stock FPR to flow additional fuel when OEM injectors are being pushed to thier limit? OR is upgrading the FPR required ALWAYS at higher HP levels - including situations where fuel injectors have been upgraded?

Old 05-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
I'm a little confused. Do you upgraded the stock FPR to flow additional fuel when OEM injectors are being pushed to thier limit? OR is upgrading the FPR required ALWAYS at higher HP levels - including situations where fuel injectors have been upgraded?
form what I know they use the 5 bar on both- stock injectors and pumps pushing 600 hp or so as welll as in ur 700 hp package utilizing bigger injectors and pumps... the 5 bar increases the pressure but not the volume.... so u need bigger pumps and injectors.

click to view

Old 05-15-2006, 12:56 PM
ebaker is infamous around these parts
Do you have to re-map the ECU if you change tos FPR to a higher rail pressure?

Old 05-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by ebaker
Do you have to re-map the ECU if you change tos FPR to a higher rail pressure?
it would be optimal but no...... I had stage 4 FVd and they only recommended at the time that I upgrade. now its a must.. then I had stage speed gallerys I personally changed to a 5 bar and yet they didnt recomend it at the time. now they do...
I ran high 12s afrs at 1.3 bars and when I changed to a 5 bar I dropped to high 11s... which is great... you will simply run richer which robbs power but keeps ur engine nice and cool. which one would u prefer?

click to view

Old 05-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
form what I know they use the 5 bar on both- stock injectors and pumps pushing 600 hp or so as welll as in ur 700 hp package utilizing bigger injectors and pumps... the 5 bar increases the pressure but not the volume.... so u need bigger pumps and injectors.
I believe my 700 kit came with a fuel pump & filter but quite sure there wass no FPR. I know others with the 700 kit that are using the stock fuel pump. Not sure what they are doing for FPR.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
I believe they use a regulated FPR. they have to order to compensate for the increased volume.

click to view

Old 05-15-2006, 02:02 PM
ebaker is infamous around these parts
Raising the pressure should richen the mixture during part throttle cruise. Does the ECU have maps it can switch to to compensate for the overall increased injector volume during part throttle?

Old 05-15-2006, 05:12 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
You typically use a 5 bar when the injectors are nearing a high duty at 3.8 bar (stock pressure) By increasing the pressure you increase the flow.

The stage 4 kit does not need it. A 12.1 at WOT and at full boost does not require or want a lower AFR. The 700 kit uses pump and injectors and does not need the 5 bar.

You do not put a 5 bar in just to put a 5 bar in. If you do it on a kit that does not require it and change nothing else you will loose HP and be too rich.

Old 05-15-2006, 05:13 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
thanks stephen

Old 05-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
You do not put a 5 bar in just to put a 5 bar in. If you do it on a kit that does not require it and change nothing else you will loose HP and be too rich.
guess I was wrong.... I do know however that other tuners use adjusted FPR and or 5 bars on their k24s packages...
its the evoms GT640 thats requires it.

click to view

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 05-15-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:27 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I went with the adjusted FPR, thought it would be better?

Old 05-15-2006, 09:32 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
If you have a near perfect AFR at WOT and full boost why would you want more fuel? You add more pressure you add more flow. More flow lower AFRs. You defeat the purpose of the program.