996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ferrari vs Porsche driving expectations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 09:13 PM
spidey is infamous around these parts
Ferrari vs Porsche driving expectations

So last weekend I had a chance to drive the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti out on the open roads in Sonoma, CA.

Nice $300K cruiser, 540 bhp, 430 lb-ft torque, paddle shifter, and 4,000 lbs.

All I could think was; I wish I was drving my Gt640.......(while I was trying to stop the 612)

In a away, I think I am screwed cause unless I move up to an Enzo, these F cars will never mean the same again. My 13 year old had a comment about the 355F1 spider (all show and no go)

(and yes, I have driven the 360CS and the 430's .......)

Gt700 next..............(as soon as Sharky can clone James and add 2 more lifts)

Old 05-18-2006, 09:19 PM
scslite is infamous around these parts
Sweet Spidey! Clone James....hmmm. That's a tall order my friend. May as well get the CGT instead.

Old 05-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I had a ferrari as well... and it was beautiful... great tranny and gears...
mine was not reliable however...
I love my tt.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I had a ferrari as well... and it was beautiful... great tranny and gears...
mine was not reliable however...
I love my tt.
Same here. But the Ferrari does sound better. Driving the two back to back made it very easy for me to keep the TT.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:35 AM
Banned
trev0006 has a spectacular aura abouttrev0006 has a spectacular aura about
once I get a little tired of my 996TT, all I do is a simple mod and the car feel like the first day I bought it love this car and the ability to modify it either looks or power. Every single one of you posted above me have awesome looking cars. discount tires

Last edited by trev0006; 11-15-2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:50 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
it's not fair to compare the 612 to ur modded TT or even the mainstream V8 Ferrari such as 430. i know what u're saying though. had a chance to drive the 612 the experience wasn't that good. in fact, i was surprised how bad it felt but i soon realized it's not a sports car even though it had ''the'' badge.

360 wasn't impressed either if u're a torque junkie. 430 however is a great car packed with huge improvement over the old models. the driving excitement is sometime more than just speed & horsepower especially with Ferrari. i'd agree Ferrari is more show than go since the brand is overrated imo, but in ur case i say u had a really bad start. don't let that ruin ur F-car experience.

Old 05-19-2006, 12:42 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by spidey
So last weekend I had a chance to drive the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti out on the open roads in Sonoma, CA.

Nice $300K cruiser, 540 bhp, 430 lb-ft torque, paddle shifter, and 4,000 lbs.

All I could think was; I wish I was drving my Gt640.......(while I was trying to stop the 612)

In a away, I think I am screwed cause unless I move up to an Enzo, these F cars will never mean the same again. My 13 year old had a comment about the 355F1 spider (all show and no go)

Gt700 next..............(as soon as Sharky can clone James and add 2 more lifts)
Ruined4LIFE. I love how F-cars sound, driven the 360S, 430 etc... too. Torqueless in my mind. They are visceral and you get laid way more but I'm a die-hard Porsche guy.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:43 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Gunther
Same here. But the Ferrari does sound better. Driving the two back to back made it very easy for me to keep the TT.
Ferrari's sound good on higher rpms; those AMG Mercedes sound freakin mean !

Old 05-19-2006, 05:56 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Ferraris sound best when she goes down on you from the passenger seat.

Old 05-19-2006, 06:52 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
f cars break... you have to close the deck lid with fingers on the edge so you don't leave perminate finger prints . they sound and look great....not to quick imo next to a tt. but they are soooooooooooo good lookin..........

Old 05-19-2006, 09:26 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
[In a away, I think I am screwed cause unless I move up to an Enzo, these F cars will never mean the same again. My 13 year old had a comment about the 355F1 spider (all show and no go)

Gt700 next..............(as soon as Sharky can clone James and add 2 more lifts)[/quote]

The GT700 is one of the best mods you can do! I do think a F430 spider would be a nice cruiser though!

Old 05-20-2006, 08:56 AM
grussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud ofgrussell has much to be proud of
The 430 is a wonderful road car that is much faster than it feels.

The experience I get from my GT2 and 430 are totally different. If I was going on a cruise through the wine country or PCH I would take the 430 every time. If I was going to the track or just wanted to get my heart racing, I would take the GT2.

Old 05-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
There is nothing Porsche can do to be able to beat the Ferrari melodic exhaust note.... ooops exception,... the ultimate driving car....................The Carrera GT. (Especially with the AWE straight pipes). This is just awesome to drive and turn all heads.

Old 05-20-2006, 09:46 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Q8_TwinTurbo
There is nothing Porsche can do to be able to beat the Ferrari melodic exhaust note.... ooops exception,... the ultimate driving car....................The Carrera GT. (Especially with the AWE straight pipes). This is just awesome to drive and turn all heads.
The CGT with AWE...Sounds insanely good!

Old 05-20-2006, 10:08 AM
willcoxmd is infamous around these partswillcoxmd is infamous around these parts
Very interesting thread. I keep thinking that the f430 will be my next car, but I would likely be disappointed if the performance isn't similar to my tt. Do you guys have a feeling about the Gallardo and how it stacks up? I'm thinking about adding an italian to my garage on of these days.

thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ferrari vs Porsche driving expectations