996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Who has put an a GT2 front bumper on their 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Banned
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Question Who has put an a GT2 front bumper on their 996TT?

I recently got the NR Auto GT2 Front Bumper and am looking to get it painted shortly. How easy or difficult is it to swap the OEM 996TT front bumper with the GT2 front bumper? Also, I wanted to paint the bottom of the side skirts, lower part of the rear bumper, and the bumperettes....how easy or difficult is it to remove and re-install those things (i.e. I'd like to make it a DIY project instead of paying the body shop)??? Thanks in advance guys!

Old 05-19-2006, 04:00 PM
bayareaferrari is infamous around these parts
This is not hard to do, however I would not advise it as a DYI project---take it to a good body shop and let them do the paint and install. If you are planning to move the radiators up front you are in for a real treat . You may want to leave them where there are if you are not tracking the car.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by bayareaferrari
This is not hard to do, however I would not advise it as a DYI project---take it to a good body shop and let them do the paint and install. If you are planning to move the radiators up front you are in for a real treat . You may want to leave them where there are if you are not tracking the car.
Thanks for the input! Is there anything else I need to buy to be able to install the GT2 front bumper like GT2 airducts??? Where are the stock radiators located on the 996TT? I do plan on tracking the car, but only like 5-6 times per year.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:07 PM
bayareaferrari is infamous around these parts
You need seperate air ducts that hopefully came with your NR kit. If not, you are missing quite a few things. Moving the radiators will take you 5-7 hours if you know what you are doing. I would call James at Sharkweks to get some advice. This is not a small job if you are moving things around..Sorry I can not be more assistance.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:15 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
Hey Martin, I did the Techart bumper install. Here is a link :https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=44095
Anyway, my bumper was prepainted arctic silver before I received it. It is a long process if you only have 1 jack to work with, but over all not a hard job.

As for the side skirts they are easy to get off with a bunch of Torx screws. I know for the rear bumper, the pieces do not come off, and will have to be painted while on the car.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by M3CAB
Hey Martin, I did the Techart bumper install. Here is a link :https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=44095
Anyway, my bumper was prepainted arctic silver before I received it. It is a long process if you only have 1 jack to work with, but over all not a hard job.

As for the side skirts they are easy to get off with a bunch of Torx screws. I know for the rear bumper, the pieces do not come off, and will have to be painted while on the car.
That Techart front bumper looks beautiful on your car....let me know when you are ready to sell it... Anyhow, what items did you pick up from Arling to install the bumper? I'm thinking that it might be easier to just have the body shop do it as I dont access to a lift.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by bayareaferrari
You need seperate air ducts that hopefully came with your NR kit. If not, you are missing quite a few things. Moving the radiators will take you 5-7 hours if you know what you are doing. I would call James at Sharkweks to get some advice. This is not a small job if you are moving things around..Sorry I can not be more assistance.
This is what came with the bumper (I havent opened the box yet):

Front Bumper
Air duct frame
Lower spoiler(polyeurathane)
Mesh grill screen

Is that "Air Duct Frame" the air ducts that I need?

Old 05-19-2006, 04:44 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29
That Techart front bumper looks beautiful on your car....let me know when you are ready to sell it... Anyhow, what items did you pick up from Arling to install the bumper? I'm thinking that it might be easier to just have the body shop do it as I dont access to a lift.
If I sell the car anytime soon, I will sell you the bumper. I bought the bumper skin from a 6Speeder for a great price without any internals. I had to buy the front splitter, brake cooling kit, and rad. ducts from Arling, who got these parts real quick to me from Germany.

I only had the factory jack, and would do the install again if I had a real jack and some jack stands. Once up in the air, it is quite easy once the front tires are off of the car. I am also not 100% sure, but think that with the NR GT2 front, you do not have to reposition the radiators,but I am not a pro.
If you have any questions, PM me.