996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car accident...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 04:39 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Angry Car accident...

Guys, I need advice!

To make a long story short, I was involved in an accident with my Boxster S two hours ago. The guy cut me off and I hit his side with my front bumper. My front bumper is cracked and my washer nozzle on my litronics is broken. The clear side marker flew out of the driver's side and the bumper also popped out. The front bumper will need to be changed and painted and I think the litronics will need to be replaced since there is a slight crack in the driver side one.

My question is what should I do?

Should I go to a body shop and have them replace and paint the front bumper or should I get a different bumper and if so where can I find one?

I'm really pissed off right now, but hoping maybe some one has some ideas for me.

I will sue his insurance since he admitted to the police that it was his fault. I'll have to deal with them on getting payment. I don't want to spend any extra, but I will use the entire insurance check on fixing it.

I am located in New York City.

Any good shops to use?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

P.S. I know this is not the Boxster section but it gets alot more traffic and I'n in desperate need of help. Thanks guys!

Old 12-26-2003, 04:56 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear that bro and I am glad you are not hurt...There are a lot of idiots on the road and I have had my Porsches hit even while I am parked! It can and will be fixed. Dunno anyone in the NY area but my suggestion is to get the old aero/99 GT3 bumper as a replacement

Old 12-26-2003, 05:00 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Thank man! This A-hole made a left in front of me over a double yellow. I honked and he kept going right in my path and I hit my brakes but couldn't avoid his Honda's passenger side.

Any pics or places to get nice bumpers?

Old 12-26-2003, 05:16 PM
billhart is infamous around these parts
dunno about Boxsters specifically, but on modern cars, with all the plastic modular snap and fit stuff, it pays to get authentic parts; some limo driver T-boned our BMW sedan a few years ago in the city, did some serious damage and the work done thru BMW Manhattan (which used a body shop in Queens for so-called "small repairs") was of high quality.You might call them and ask. Or, check with the P dealership in Greenwich, or call my buddy Frank Donatoni at Brandywine P in Pa. 610 886 1000 and see who they can recommend. I haven't dealt with any P dealers in NYC, but some small stuff was handled by the Greenwich dealer (New Country, owned by the same folks that now own Wide World) quite well. Let us know who you find. Make sure you let your insurance know what's up, and did you file a police report? Usually a good idea when another driver is involved, even if he appears cooperative at the outset. (The limo driver also acknowledged fault, sort of, but by the time his insurance co. got hold of it, they were blaming me. Luckily, the accident was witnessed by two federal agents, who agreed to testify on my behalf). Good luck and let us know who you come up with.

Old 12-26-2003, 05:26 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Stryke,
First off, I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. This may be your lucky day though!! I have a mint condition black 996TT front bumper for sale. If the light(s) have to be replaced anyway, you may consider upgrading to the "turbo" look. From what I understand, it should bolt right up. You would need to confirm this. PM me if you are interested. I am in NJ so a pickup would be possible as well.

Old 12-26-2003, 05:29 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
OH, yeah, I also know of a shop near me that has done the painting on my car and does all of the local P-Car dealership's work. I am happy with his work. He actually just finished up a Boxster and Audi. The interesting thing was that the dealership (they also sell Audi) smashed the Audi into the Boxster. Sh_t happens!!

Old 12-26-2003, 07:57 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
If your body, other than the bumper, was not damaged, I would take it to a Porsche Dealer body shop for an estimate. Tell them you want them to purchase a factory front bumper, paint it exactly like the factory does, and then install it on your car (after it is painted). I had that done recently with good results on another car.

After you get a check, you can look for someone else to do it or pick up a used bumper (any 996 bumper will fit). There's a lot of guys who have taken off perfectly good 996 bumpers to put on Turbo bumpers if you don't want a turbo one...

Good luck.
Roy

Old 12-27-2003, 12:56 AM
Banned
MTBR is infamous around these parts
Stryke,

Sorry to hear about your accident.
Go for a Turbo-Look bumper from MA SHAW

Old 12-27-2003, 04:41 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
A number of us (BMW) have used Small Car located in Flushing, Queens. They do contract work for BMW NA and mostly do BMW & Porsche. The owner has a mint 993 Turbo S he bought in Germany. Ask for Dominic (mgr) or Al (owner) and tell them Dr. Jim with the silver M5 sent you. # is 718-445-0070.

Old 12-27-2003, 06:52 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
STYRE you must must uhse dayotna cosmocar - they are the best - manhattan motorcars send evrything to them from lambo's to bentley to P-cars - they are bmw and porsche certified - call goeroge asap and tell him Darren from 6speed said to give you the board discount - click on them in the sponsor section DAYTONA MOTORCARS - i live in NYC as well they are right under the 59th st. bridge

Old 12-27-2003, 07:48 AM
billhart is infamous around these parts
Small Car is the one that did the work on our 740i, and it was first rate. Dr. Jim, do you use the M5 for daily driving? I am thinking of one ( a new 2003) for that purpose, before they disappear. Who does your mechanical work?

Old 12-27-2003, 08:26 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Stryke, I have 2 highend shops I deal with one is in Eastern Long Island and the other is in Brooklyn, if you are interested in the guy in Brooklyn let me know, I can hook you up with him.

Old 12-27-2003, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks alot for all the advice guys. I kind of like the GT3/Aero bumper for the S. Anyone know how this may or may not affect factory warranty?

Also, will this minor accident show up on a car fax in the future under my VIN? What determines if it does or does not?

Old 12-27-2003, 11:51 AM
Moderatorette
Porsche Babe is infamous around these parts
Hi Stryke,
Sorry to hear about the accident.. Glad you weren't hurt.

I have a pic of my 2000 986S with the GT3 nose and grills and Cargraphic spoiler. I can't seen to post it, if you like I can email it to you.

I live in Staten Island, you may have seen my car around.

Good Luck!

Michele

Old 12-27-2003, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor
Michelle,

No kidding! Where in SI do you live? I'm in Heartland Village. You can email me pics at donteventryme@aol.com.

The accident was on the corner of Richmond Hill road and Richmond Ave yesterday afternoon when I pulled out of the bank.

You should have seen my face when I looked at the damage. What a heartbreaker it is to see your car like that!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car accident...