996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

In shock...474hp at the dyno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Thats what I would do... just go to the track and not even look for ET.. just the MPH...

mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Banned
toddstacky is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jean
Wross996TT

I don't know who your tuner is, so this is not going against anyone, but the K16s will give you around 450-460 FWHP (Flywheel) maximum on the 996TT regardless of how good your programming is, they just cannot flow more.
If your car is running lean you should be seeing normally more torque on the dyno not less, it was already mentioned above I believe.

The stock ECU will adjust for the intake and exhaust mods, you should not be running lean.

All of the above indicates to me that your tuner was not having a good day, or you maybe misunderstood what he told you.

In any case his dyno needs serious calibration/maintenance.
Don't get carried away by these anomalies, I would do my due diligence before using this dyno for further assessment of mods, it will obvoiusly mislead you.

Very very true, everybody knows that with "stock" 16's you can only get so much Hp/TQ regardless of ECU, exhaust, etc...You cannot acheive mid 500's on stock 16's especially with stock ECU programming, not even close. Obviously somebody has not calibrated the Dyno or is full of it. Not to bash anybody but who has ever seen more than say 500-510hp with stock ECU and turbos at the flywheel???? Anyone???? I think not. Maybe try and get car dyno'd somewhere else first simply for piece of mind.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:44 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FineProperty
I think this is where your error is, the CU avatar puts you in Denver, altitude adjusting for 4-5000 feet of altitude. You don't get to make that adjustment in a turbo, it makes it's own altitude. So, knock off the 3%x4.5 ish, puts you about 406 hp.
Sorry I think you are actually wrong here. See the link:

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/cf.htm

Old 05-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Banned
toddstacky is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wross996TT

WTF, pura mierda!!! jk..

Interesting stuff..

Old 05-26-2006, 11:51 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I was just at a 4 wheel dynojet... and we set the factor at SAE..... and apparently that is the closest setting to real life HP numbers... I didnt see any manipulation options...
just go to the track and run the car... if u trap 126 mph u have a 600 hp car, if u trap 123 mph u have a 550 hp car... if u trap 119 u have a 500 hp car... and if u trap 116/117 mph u have a stock car...

SAE factors can be manipulated. The dyno here is seal level, so it hardly needs any correction, yet the operator has put in a 1.06 correction factor. Thus a 350rwhp car will make almost 400rwhp on that dyno.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:20 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
I talked to the guys who own the dynojet. First all dynojets do the "same thing"...so minimal variation between machines...nothing is wrong with the calibration. The correction factor is software controlled based on measures atmospheric pressure, temperature...and altitude (5300ft). Now a case could be made that since I am running turbos there should be no correction, so I am getting the uncorrected sheets sent to me. However, they said all turbo and supercharger folks use the correction factor!

Old 05-26-2006, 02:37 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Best post in the thread thus far, IMO.
I agree man.. only thing is when we do that people question the power too. In my mind it's simple. The weight of the car, the trap speed and so on... you got your power. Easy. I couldn't care less about a Mustang, Maha etc...

Old 05-26-2006, 02:44 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
I talked to the guys who own the dynojet. First all dynojets do the "same thing"...so minimal variation between machines...nothing is wrong with the calibration. The correction factor is software controlled based on measures atmospheric pressure, temperature...and altitude (5300ft). Now a case could be made that since I am running turbos there should be no correction, so I am getting the uncorrected sheets sent to me. However, they said all turbo and supercharger folks use the correction factor!
Very wrong. The correction factors can be altered. Did you not read my example of a nearby dyno?

The newer dynojets have the built in stuff that detect measurements, of which can still be altered.

That dyno's altitude is 5300ft? Probably has a massive correction factor.

Old 05-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by SCM3
Very wrong. The correction factors can be altered. Did you not read my example of a nearby dyno?

The newer dynojets have the built in stuff that detect measurements, of which can still be altered.

That dyno's altitude is 5300ft? Probably has a massive correction factor.
Yes I did read your post...however there was no mention that you were talking specifically about a 248c dynojet. What am I "very wrong" about? Yes there is a huge correction factor (my guess anyway). I will get the un-corrected numbers soon.

Old 05-26-2006, 03:42 PM
lexpro is a jewel in the roughlexpro is a jewel in the roughlexpro is a jewel in the rough

Am I missing something? As I read the information at that site, it is discussing NA engines, not turbos. I would not think an NA engine altitude correction factor would be appropriate for a forced induction system...as suggested by another, this would appear to be the source of the inflated reading.

Old 05-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by lexpro
Am I missing something? As I read the information at that site, it is discussing NA engines, not turbos. I would not think an NA engine altitude correction factor would be appropriate for a forced induction system...as suggested by another, this would appear to be the source of the inflated reading.
You are correct and apparently there is some confusion as to what the correction factor should be (if any) Probably somewhere between 0 and correction for NA. I actually don't care about the number...just want to use it as a baseline for comparison after mods.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:02 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
Wross,
Sorry so many are busting your ***** but I think they are right. You are looking at it correctly that you just want to see what improvement the mods add. It seems unscientific but what markski said about the trap speeds and the hp is pretty darn realistic. I am interested in the after mods run. Good luck with the mods and don;t let the newfound power cause you to loose your liscense.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks Silver...they're not busting my *****...they are just trying to help me explain the unrealistic numbers (I know this)...hence the title of my post...In Shock. I think it comes down to the correction (inflation) factor. So let me repeat I don't care...just trying to compare before and after...probably never get trap speeds as that is not my thing...also don't care...also hope I don't lose my license(already been caught +40 over speed limit)...but the new found power really won't change the possibility (probability) of that...the thing was already fast!!!! Love those TT's!

did I say I don't care?

Old 05-27-2006, 03:59 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
I have an Idea.. why dont u go to another duno somewhere else... that should explain alot

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-27-2006, 08:20 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Wross,
You have this planned very well but you obviously have a hokey
dyno number. try somewhere else as a comparison or use an AX-22
before mods (I would offer mine). Then do your after.
Marty K.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: In shock...474hp at the dyno