996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

More Photos of My New Fuel System and Transmission Oil Cooler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 08:43 PM
VRAlexander
Its about time, you have waited long enough!
As for the Enzo...Birdman and I DESTROYED an Enzo during the Gumball...I dont think you will have any problems with one !
My only concern would be your fuel system...The pump that you have is only good for 800hp (forced Induction)...you might want to consider going to the big dog Aeromotive pump that is good for 1300hp (forced Induction)...Congrats again....cant wait to see some numbers

Old 05-26-2006, 09:24 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
Necessary? Since when did the concept of "necessary" become relevant to our cars? None of this craziness is necessary!
Craig
"Necessary, necessary? Is it necessary that I drink my own urine? NO but I like the way it tastes!" a quote from Patches O'houlihan in Dodge Ball!

Nope none of this crap is necessary but we are all crazy urine drinking goof *****!

Old 05-26-2006, 09:26 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
By the way Craig the project is looking awesome and I predict somewhere over 1000 hp at the flywheel or 850 at the rear wheels!!

Old 05-27-2006, 12:53 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Red 9
Craig, do you have comparative photos of Y pipe,Gemballa intake and the intake plennum?
Gemballa intake:

Innovative Pro Design intake plenum (next to OEM plenum):

Innovative Pro Design Y-Pipe:

Craig

Old 05-27-2006, 12:55 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
What's next Craig???!!?!

Old 05-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg
By the way Craig the project is looking awesome and I predict somewhere over 1000 hp at the flywheel or 850 at the rear wheels!!
Thanks Buddy!

Craig

Old 05-27-2006, 12:58 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I think my next mod is my license plate. It's going to be "BiGayAL"

Old 05-27-2006, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by sharkster
What's next Craig???!!?!

Craig

Old 05-27-2006, 01:28 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by sharkster
What's next Craig???!!?!
Hint: NOS Attachment 34189..and NOS

Last edited by VRAlexander; 09-20-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Necessary? Since when did the concept of "necessary" become relevant to our cars? None of this craziness is necessary! That being said, I think the meth/water injection into the intake does make a difference on hot days and/or when I am WOT and pushing major boost. Every little bit helps. The Acquamist pumps do not activate until approximately 11 pounds of boost, so I am not spraying into the intake as I drive to the market (unless an Enzo pulls along side of me during the short trip).

Craig
What I meant by necessary was - you will make less power with water/meth intercooling. You should only use it if you NEED it, ie. you will be detobating without it and your ECU will correspondingly pull timing. I've been using water/meth injection for 5 years on my suburban (615 rwt). The objective is to use as little as possible.

Old 05-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Its about time, you have waited long enough!
As for the Enzo...Birdman and I DESTROYED an Enzo during the Gumball...I dont think you will have any problems with one !
My only concern would be your fuel system...The pump that you have is only good for 800hp (forced Induction)...you might want to consider going to the big dog Aeromotive pump that is good for 1300hp (forced Induction)...Congrats again....cant wait to see some numbers

Aeromotive.. meh, they are far too loud and fairly unreliable from my experiences. Look at a big weldon with a dial-a-flow and it will feed everything you need. 1500hp cars use them and you can barely hear the thing come on.

Old 05-28-2006, 05:53 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by Vicious
Aeromotive.. meh, they are far too loud and fairly unreliable from my experiences. Look at a big weldon with a dial-a-flow and it will feed everything you need. 1500hp cars use them and you can barely hear the thing come on.
My Aeromotive is mounted on a custom plate, which is double insolated...very quiet! As for reliability...I have 10K on my set-up with no issues...My friend has 49K on his Camaro with the same pump and it has not let him down.... The Weldon works well..Chris Chow has two of them on his 'slow' Grand National street car, and he loves the setup. I believe that they would both work well in a high horsepower street app.

Old 05-28-2006, 06:21 AM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
Craig,
It just makes me wanna cry out of joy when i see things of that sort. Congrats, on your mods and goodluck with the end result. When i saw that picture of your front mounted transmission oil cooler, i got a De-Ja-Vu .
Looking good and can't wait on the final HP & TOURQUE figures.

BTW, since your car will be ready before mine, give me your thoughts of the transmission upgrade once you get some miles on.

Once again good luck .

Old 05-28-2006, 12:49 PM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is infamous around these parts
WOW!!!

Old 05-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts

Therefore, if Mana’s car made 837 hp at the crank, how much hp do you think my car will produce? Personally, I think 900+ hp is relatively conservative (that’s a mere 63 more hp than Mana’s car). What do you think?

Craig
If you are pushing 8lbs of boost more than Mana with just his setup, then you are easily 80hp more (and I am being conservative). You didn't mention timing, but just advancing your timing 1-2' over stock will equal rather large hp gains as well. If I had to guess, with your mods over his, I would say nothing shy of 950hp to the engine, but probably closer to 1000hp. Nice job.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More Photos of My New Fuel System and Transmission Oil Cooler