996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

More Photos of My New Fuel System and Transmission Oil Cooler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
More Photos of My New Fuel System and Transmission Oil Cooler

Craig

Old 05-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Any worries of over-heating with the tranny oil cooler in front of the radiator? or is it small enough that it won't restrict too much air flow?
This is going to be insane when you get this puppy back out on the street!!!

Old 05-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Griza
Any worries of over-heating with the tranny oil cooler in front of the radiator? or is it small enough that it won't restrict too much air flow?
This is going to be insane when you get this puppy back out on the street!!!
The cooler is small and the air flow will be more than sufficient to go through the cooler and onto the radiator.

Craig

Old 05-26-2006, 05:05 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
How much power are you hoping to make with the new setup?

Jag

Old 05-26-2006, 05:35 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
Thats a very dangerous question for me to answer. Whenever I guesstimate HP, I get cross-examined by doubters and, admittedly, I am largely unable to support my guesstimate with meaningful data. That being said, I will convey what others more knowledgeable that I have guesstimated: somewhere north of 900 hp. My set-up is capable of more power, but I would have to run larger turbos (e.g., GT35s) and endure considerably more lag. I spoke wuth someone who ran GT35s on a 3.8l Porsche and he said the lag was intolerable (he is switching to the turbos I am using). I am not interested in 1,000 hp if it means I have to endure more lag. Moreover, at my power level, an additional 100 hp does not equate to the same delta in performance as it does at the 600 hp level. With my ported heads, larger valves, beefed up fuel system, 4.5 inch intercoolers, and other components, I should achieve the full potential of my current turbos. That will be fine . . . for now.

Craig
Thanks - if it helps just pm your guess.

Old 05-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by jags911tt
How much power are you hoping to make with the new setup?

Jag
Thats a very dangerous question for me to answer. Whenever I guesstimate HP, I get cross-examined by doubters and, admittedly, I am largely unable to support my guesstimate with meaningful data.

Mana was among the first 6Speedoline members to break the 800 hp barrier (I love Mana’s car). Mana’s GT800 made 732 rwhp and 715 rwtq: http://www.evoms.com/gt800_vs_stock_hp_and_tq.jpg . That translates to 837 hp at the crank using a mere 12.5% power train loss. My car has the following additional mods (among others), above and beyond Mana’s car:

1. Mana ran approximately 20 lbs of boost. I run 28 pounds.
2. Mana had stock heads and a stock manifold. I have ported, polished heads and manifold.
3. Mana had stock valves. I have 2mm larger valves.
4. Mana had an exhaust with 100 cell cats and chamber mufflers. My exhaust has no cats and straight through racing mufflers.
5. Mana had stock cams. I have a larger lift exhaust cam.
6. Mana did not increase the rev limiter. My rev limiter is increased to 7500 rpms.
7. Mana had GT2 intercoolers with stock end tanks. I have 4.5 inch Bell intercoolers with custom fabricated, smoother flowing end tanks.
8. Mana had stock intake piping (from the airbox to the turbos). I have a larger Gemballa intake.
9. Mana had the GT800 fuel kit, including an internal fuel pump. I have a far more elaborate and higher flowing fuel system, including an external Aeromotive fuel pump, an Aeromotive fuel pump speed controller, and larger fuel lines.
10. Mana had a stock intake plenum. I have a smoother flowing Innovative Pro Design intake plenum.
11. Mana had a stock Y-Pipe. I have a larger Innovative Pro Design Y-Pipe.
12. Mana did not have any methanol/water injection. I have an Aquamist methanol/water injection system that sprays into my intake.
13. Mana did not have any system to cool his intercooler. I have an Aquamist methanol/water spray onto both of my intercoolers.

Therefore, if Mana’s car made 837 hp at the crank, how much hp do you think my car will produce? Personally, I think 900+ hp is relatively conservative (that’s a mere 63 more hp than Mana’s car). What do you think?

Craig

Last edited by Craig; 05-26-2006 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Thats a very dangerous question for me to answer. Whenever I guesstimate HP, I get cross-examined by doubters and, admittedly, I am largely unable to support my guesstimate with meaningful data.

Mana was among the first 6Speedoline members to break the 800 hp barrier (I love Mana’s car). Mana’s GT800 made 732 rwhp and 715 rwtq: http://www.evoms.com/gt800_vs_stock_hp_and_tq.jpg . That translates to 837 hp at the crank using a mere 12.5% power train loss. My car has the following additional mods (among others), above and beyond Mana’s car:

1. Mana ran approximately 20 lbs of boost. I run 28 pounds.
2. Mana had stock heads and a stock manifold. I have ported, polished heads and manifold.
3. Mana had stock valves. I have 2mm larger valves.
4. Mana had an exhaust with 100 cell cats and chamber mufflers. My exhaust has no cats and straight through racing mufflers.
5. Mana had stock cams. I have a larger lift exhaust cam.
6. Mana did not increase the rev limiter. My rev limiter is increased to 7500 rpms.
7. Mana had GT2 intercoolers with stock end tanks. I have 4.5 inch Bell intercoolers with custom fabricated, smoother flowing end tanks.
8. Mana had stock intake piping (from the airbox to the turbos). I have a larger Gemballa intake.
9. Mana had the GT800 fuel kit, including an internal fuel pump. I have a far more elaborate and higher flowing fuel system, including an external Aeromotive fuel pump, an Aeromotive fuel pump speed controller, and larger fuel lines.
10. Mana had a stock intake plenum. I have a smoother flowing Innovative Pro Design intake plenum.
11. Mana had a stock Y-Pipe. I have a larger Innovative Pro Design Y-Pipe.
12. Mana did not have any methanol/water injection. I have an Aquamist methanol/water injection system that sprays into my intake.
13. Mana did not have any system to cooler his intercooler. I have an Aquamist methanol/water spray onto both of my intercoolers.

Therefore, if Mana’s car made 837 hp at the crank, how much hp do you think my car will produce? Personally, I think 900+ hp is relatively conservative (that’s a mere 63 more hp than Mana’s car). What do you think?

Craig
Alot more

Old 05-26-2006, 06:11 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
oh mana...that thing is totally sick. If you get it dynoed in CO (like Mana?) it will surely be above 900+. We always add lots of correction multipliers.

Old 05-26-2006, 06:13 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Craig,
Your car is going to be amazing. When it's done would love to have a quick ride.

Old 05-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
looks awesome..... Craig.... awesome....

Im doing a similar set up except two parallel pumps each one sucking from respective side...
VRalexander, has one big one just liek u....
cant wai tto see ur numbers...
congrats on ur project...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by wross996TT
oh mana...that thing is totally sick. If you get it dynoed in CO (like Mana?) it will surely be above 900+. We always add lots of correction multipliers.
Mana's car was dynoed in the Arizona heat, which makes the 837 hp figure all the more impressive. Mana was a real ground-breaker!
Originally Posted by paneraiwatches
Craig,
Your car is going to be amazing. When it's done would love to have a quick ride.
You got it!
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
looks awesome..... Craig.... awesome....

Im doing a similar set up except two parallel pumps each one sucking from respective side...
VRalexander, has one big one just liek u....
cant wai tto see ur numbers...
congrats on ur project...
markski
Thanks Mark!

Craig

Old 05-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Craig - is the H20/meth injection necessary in the intake? I don't think you want to enable it unless necessary. Hopefully your massive intercoolers will do the job.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Zippy
Craig - is the H20/meth injection necessary in the intake? I don't think you want to enable it unless necessary. Hopefully your massive intercoolers will do the job.
Necessary? Since when did the concept of "necessary" become relevant to our cars? None of this craziness is necessary! That being said, I think the meth/water injection into the intake does make a difference on hot days and/or when I am WOT and pushing major boost. Every little bit helps. The Acquamist pumps do not activate until approximately 11 pounds of boost, so I am not spraying into the intake as I drive to the market (unless an Enzo pulls along side of me during the short trip).

Craig

Old 05-26-2006, 07:35 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Necessary? Since when did the concept of "necessary" become relevant to our cars? None of this craziness is necessary!... I am not spraying into the intake as I drive to the market (unless an Enzo pulls along side of me during the short trip).

Craig
That is just perfect..my sentiments exactly, although I just want to keep up with the vettes. I think you will be able to handle the Enzos.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Craig, do you have comparative photos of Y pipe,Gemballa intake and the intake plennum?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More Photos of My New Fuel System and Transmission Oil Cooler